Bring back survival Mode!!!!! please

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Op argillite, Dec 12, 2017.

1. Op argillite Active Player

Okay so I have 20 Elite runs under my belt and have battle tanked almost all of them, now what??? I want a new challenge and what's better then the SURVIVAL MODE!!!. For anyone who says it wont come back because it doesn't make money id kindly point you in the direction of LPVE. If devs need to monetize SM I have an idea each round could have a set amount of tokens , and instead of pets dropping as rewards you buy them please hear me out on this. So the way this would work would go something like this, there's a vendor in that has the rewards pets, shirts exc... you gain more SM tokens based on the round so round 1 = 5 tokens round 2 = 10 tokens round 3 = 20 tokens and so on. So in order to gain the pets you'd have to either complete round 20 or round the lower rounds a lot via resetting with replays, but before you complain don't worry I've thought this through beating the final round also unlocks a Legendary item (no stats of course) just something very special that you unlock via the vendor, I believe this would be a fair system because the farther you get the higher the rewards unlocked and the more TOKENS earned.

In closing i propose survival mode be brought back as a big twice a year event I think 2 survival modes a year would be the perfect balance and I hope this post re ignites the passion for one of the coolest things that ever came to DCUO.

#BRINGBACKSURVIVALMODEMEPPSPLZ
    • Like x 2
  2. TybeeTahiri Devoted Player

I think they have to readjust how they created it, since Combat Rating is no longer a factor of NPCs’ stats. So it might be a while.
  3. Zneeak Devoted Player

SM's should be about skill, not who can spend the most money replaying the easiest rounds over and over to outright purchase higher round-items from a vendor.

I do like the twice a year-approach though, SM's became extremely played out being rotated every 3 months, especially when they kept rotating the same, old ones. IMO, for SM's to even make a return at all, they need to make new ones with new rewards, bosses and mechanics all together. That way, they can make the new ones perfectly tailored around the revamp and make sure it has the proper difficulty throughout the rounds.
    • Like x 1
  4. Gamer_Liko Well-Known Player

If they can't make money on it..won't happen.
    • Like x 2
  5. TestReporter Loyal Player

They said they are working on fixing elite first, but i think there are more issues:
    1) Loche left the team, he was the SM guy.
    2) They don't have enough manpower to release new SMs and balance them according to the stats revamp
    3) SM doesn't give enough money to be put in top priority, so it'll be just held back. (Your idea is terrible btw, sorry)
    4) They weren't capable of putting the SM instance inside a time capsule yet.
  6. Celestial Powers Committed Player

Elite Raids aren't a challenge mostly because the content itself isn't designed with any actual difficulty and because of that I'd rather they work on fine tuning elite content first.

Taking PPs is a step in the right direction and they should now look to remove the artificial difficulty in content and then work on making the content actually difficult.

Artificial difficulty:

2 death limit, SM has never had this and still holds the title of the most challenging content in the game. Origin Crisis raids didn't have it either, imagine if Paradox had a 2 death limit. This death limit just adds to frustration rather than feeling any sort of achievement in beating the content because you got lucky in avoiding an RNG 1 shot. Ex - Ultramans Backhand before they had to hotfix it like 3 times.

Having bosses or ads regular attacks melt tanks or one shot the group, many times when ads just spawn and if the tank isn't quick enough an ad would just lunge or block break a random group member and it's a one shot, great design; that's what you get for existing! Or another instance in this DLC, the tank has their mitigation up yet but then gets wrecked by the bosses counter which doesn't correctly display the feint for it. I know my tanks have stated that Ultraman and Owlman both do this.

Now take away either of these situations and it just makes the so called Elite content not so elite or difficult. You can commend the devs for trying to implement mechanics to watch for - the mines at LB Panoe, that's one step in the right direction, now add 2-3 more of these types of hazards a player needs to watch out for with a clear warning it's going to happen or could happen and that's how you make difficult content.
    • Like x 1
  7. xD25x Dedicated Player

Everyone seems to be forgetting that SM came before cr differential.
  8. TestReporter Loyal Player

Talking about balance? If yes: Well, you gotta remember that when they introduced cr differential they had to adjust SM according (FOS became extremelly easy for a week. Good that no1 abused it), a new adjust would be required once again. If not, then what are you talking about?
  9. lordexecution365 Loyal Player

Just curious, what made Origin Crisis raids difficult in your opinion?
  10. Kestral Committed Player

Please come back soon SM.
  11. MrMigraine Devoted Player

The inability to see NPCs, their AoEs or your own teammates.

So long, PS3. ;)
    • Like x 1
  12. lordexecution365 Loyal Player

LoL, I bet the other guy does not know what made those raids so hard.

By the way yeah ps3 had a lot of bugs, but that wasn't the only thing either.
    • Like x 1
  13. xD25x Dedicated Player

My point is its not that difficult to adjust SM. During the revamp it only took a couple of days to tweak every instance in the game. They was some content that was a bit off but it wouldnt take but a few hours to adjust the first SM map upon release.
  14. xD25x Dedicated Player

By the other guy do you mean Celestial Powers? Do you know who he is? I dont think you do. If you're also somehow implying OC raids werent hard upon release then your full of ****. And i can damn sure guarantee you didnt beat Dox anywhere in the first month after release.
  15. Op argillite Active Player

agreed!!!
  16. Op argillite Active Player

3) I don't think you Actually understood it lol
    4) that's funny dude 2 thumbs up!!!
  17. Op argillite Active Player

I respectfully disagree about the 2 death count being (artificial difficulty) I believe it forces groups in particular dpses to adapt they're normal play style. how ever yes I do think Elite is mostly full of bs stuff like When Ultra man would randomly fly out to the group and back fist a group member, its not a problem anymore because everyone's over geared but when the raid came out the back fist 1 shotted tanks.
  18. lordexecution365 Loyal Player

LoL, so me be curious get a response like this.

I asked first and I am still waiting for the answer.

You can answer if you so choose, but if he was around then he should know how those raids and not just dox was difficult.

Do you even know why you can't duel in instances, and when they took it away?

Somehow it feels like someone doesn't know what or how it was like when OC was first released.

Being server first in SM is cool and all but...
  19. Celestial Powers Committed Player

Both raids had multiple mechanics which were avoidable and as equally punishing if you didn't understand or learn to adapt.

Both raids had multiple boss combinations which resulted in different mechanics that had to be paid attention to per boss, on top of those mechanics you had to deal with environmental mechanics, the layering of mechanics is what made those raids complex, difficult and enjoyable for the seekers of hard content.

Nexus and the base Paradox raid once you got the hang of them were good challenging difficulty, with EO or the potential of having multiple bosses out at once was where the true difficulty of the DLC lied.
    • Like x 1
  20. Arwen Skywalker Loyal Player

Putting it on "first week" perspective/pre gu29 (reduced difficulty update)/pre gu32 (boss vulnerable to blocking and block breaking). An entire raid group at entry CR is not suggested to pugs, even to casual leagues, making this DLC's progression kind of better than what we have now, you start getting gears from the solos, alerts and to raids. I think this was the only DLC that justified best gear in the hardest raid which is dox.
    *currently watching an old nexus raid from my channel*

Some raids I've been during the first boss needed 2 tanks just to deal with multiple lexes, each lex having their own special attacks (oh prof luthor, the memories).
    The next optional rooms were timed. If you weren't done by the time the timer hits 0, it's a definite wipe. As I remember, the right side boss fight had the guise, which shifts DPSing from the boss to the guise, you're pretty much fked up if it hits the tank. Every once in a while you'll get a team mate with an aoe stun.

And the final boss, which all the different artifacts, bouncing balls of death, pools of buff/debuff, the ever memorable shielding mechanic, it's just a clusterfk of mechanics.

No need to explain Paradox, if you were there, you already know.
    • Like x 1