Book of Oa/Parallax:Ultimate Light Guide

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by dr strangeonline, Mar 8, 2015.

1. megamanzero Loyal Player

Maybe they can make #LogicMatters patch after #StatsMatter
    • Like x 2
  2. Titon Well-Known Player

In the Original Release of Hard Light, wasn't there a Skill Power that would Build a Barrier like construct that looked like it was made of bricks. I cannot for the life of me remember the name of that particular power. Anyone know why they took it out?
  3. Delta796th Loyal Player

Probably becuase even though it COULD take up to 10k, it also could break at anytime.
    Was a good power when it worked but insta death back in T5 days when it broke.

That and well...nobody used it since it was designed
  4. CassUV Well-Known Player

Guys, i have a question about Skill Points allocation in PvP. Do I spend my SPs same as PvE?, how should i proceed in DPS and Troll role when we talk about SP PvP allocation?
  5. megamanzero Loyal Player

cause it was useless
  6. Absolix Loyal Player

It isn't the same as PvE. There are stat minimums and caps that make speccing different. I would suggest checking the PvP section as there are a few threads already on the subject, and the people who could give you the best answers tend to watch that section of the forums more.
    • Like x 1
  7. Titon Well-Known Player

But do you remember what it was called?
  8. Delta796th Loyal Player

It was called Shielding and it was replaced by Inspiration in GU38
    • Like x 2
  9. CassUV Well-Known Player

Here I am again, hehe...

I was studying about HL Mods and paying attention on Affinity mods I found "Critical Ability Chance" in Head and Legs.

1. Critical ability chance means the criticals that I do casting powers from the tray, right?, I mean, yellow damage.

2. Will be more effective for HL to use Full Precision Mods in this socket and disregard this affinity?. We will gain more precision for our combos, once that we are precision based power.
  10. Absolix Loyal Player

1. Yes, construct combos are considered weapon attacks and are only affected by effects that modify weapon attacks.

2. You will do ever so slightly less damage during your setup time, but you will do ever so slightly more damage once setup. It is not a huge difference, but if you want to squeeze out every possible Dps on longer fights, like bosses, it would help.
  11. CassUV Well-Known Player

Thanks Absolix and let me ask you... talking about Raid fights like DFW and KCT, will I be more effective or no?, will I "feel" the difference or it will be irrelevant?.

Thanks again man.
  12. Absolix Loyal Player

It will technically be an increase in those fights, but it is such a small amount that you probably won't notice the difference.
    • Like x 1
  13. Omega1100 New Player

I recently switched to HL from rage and have some questions about DPS. For my rotation I start with chompers, neo venom boost, recharge and inspiration all clipped together then go into infinite combos. Are those 4 powers I'm clipping worth having in my loadout? Because if not I'd like to use the extra power points for the shield and/or group shield. Also, if i activate a trinket during a infinite combo can I still continue the combo immediately after I use the trinket without having to restart my AM?
  14. Omega1100 New Player

Also one more thing, I've noticed how annoying it can be playing duos and constantly getting interrupted. Would it be better for duos and alerts if there is no tank to swap out the max damage white mod for the empowered channeling mod to help prevent interruptions? Or would I be taking a big loss in DPS not having max damage in?
  15. Nicolas Gallardo Committed Player

What in hell is that loadout? Neo venom recharge and insp? Your damage comes from your combos, those powers are useless. You should check this video: There you have all you need to understand this power :)
    • Like x 1
  16. Mighty Committed Player

You'd be taking at least a 10% loss. You'd be better off running melee combos in duos and alerts with max damage on, that way when you're lunged you don't get countered. You'll have to watch for blocking npcs but it's not that big a deal. Also, all of your previous questions I cover in that video Nicolas posted above. Good luck, welcome to the Corps.
    • Like x 1
  17. Delta796th Loyal Player

Ok so let's answer both questions and clarify why...
    Nicholas has it partially right in that your damage comes from constant combos. HL Advanced Mechanic activates while doing the combos after 4 seconds when just entering combat or 1.5 sec while in combat. <<<<< very important to understand this.

Most HL players will simply do a ranged weapon tap most call it phantom triangle or PT then clip that with a tray power like fan to start the combo going. Using PT will bring your toon into combat thus reducing your AM ramp time from 4 seconds down to 1.5 seconds.
    Ex: PT cFan > Impact > Light Blast > Mini Guns > Ram > Fan infinite ranged combo (using PT you will be in FULL AM damage by 2nd tick of Light Blast. Not using PT it would be AM by Ram so big damage loss) We also have a 3 second grace period when interrupted...Simply put if an add knocks you out of combo simply start combo'ing again w/in 3 seconds (no PT) and you'll stay in AM.
    This also works for using items in your utility belt like trinkets, supply drops, orbitals etc...If you stop comboing (mess up rotation or hit something like light barrier or supercharge) you DO NOT ave 3 second grace period and are back to 1.5 second ramp.

Now here's the tricky part... It is confirmed by multiple people (I have the testing graphs) that using Inspiration clip will increase your damage numbers by roughly 8-10% when initially entering a fight. The clip is Chompers cRecharge cInspiration then into combo. The recharge clip does next to nothing but allows you to clip directly into Insp for the added crit buff. The PI from chompers wears off as soon as you get into AM but it does put you into combat (similar to PT) Inspiration is ALSO included in AM, but does NOT fall off so essentially you have a double buff going for roughly 10 seconds when entering a fight. Example rotation: Chomp cRecharge cInpiration > Fan > Claw >Hold Claw > Ram > Fan > Claw melee infinite combo. I have asked for clarification from mepps and SJ over 3 months ago why this is...still no reply since Tunso stated Insp should fall off. It is also important to understand that this is for use only when initially entering a fight (do NOT reapply during a fight as it IS a loss of damage)

AS for your second question about empowered channeling vs Max damage. Mighty is spot on & I would not remove max damage MOD as you are losing damage. It's best to understand what rotations to use and when to use them. Using the range combo with LB and MG already gets passive weapon CC effects like push back and stun while powers like Impact will have a knock back to them. You could also spec a bit different to have something like light barrier (I carry that in 1 armory) or use chrono devices or even Personal Dampening field consumables (my favorite) since they do NOT remove you from AM and will provide a shield if you are mostly a melee player.

Hope this helps!
    • Like x 1
  18. Delta796th Loyal Player

While I concur with Absolix thoughts that you won't really "Feel the difference" your job while in damage stance is Damage Per Second
    I can't remember if it's 10/1 or 7/1 (too early!!!) for precision to DPS but it will make a difference even if a little
    • Like x 1
  19. Delta796th Loyal Player

At 8:14 you are incorrect. If you pop a tray power in the middle of a fight you do NOT go back to 4 second ramp time. You are still in combat which puts this at 1.5 second ramp time before full AM damage.

Just wanted to point that out
    • Like x 1
  20. Omega1100 New Player

Thanks for posting the video Nick, very informative stuff mighty. Also thank you delta for that info it's real helpful. I have three armories so for one I'm going to just drop neo venom for group shield and keep the others and see how it goes for my range aoe build. For the other I will use one of mighty 's build with the ability to do full range or full melee and not have any buffs in there. The last armory is for my troll.