Book of Oa/Parallax:Ultimate Light Guide

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by dr strangeonline, Mar 8, 2015.

1. CassUV Well-Known Player

Thank you guys, ill try put full precision...

Let me ask you about Triage and Restore on PvP. Which is the best?.

I know that have other powers to use but, if you need choose one of two, whats is your choice in PvP?.
  2. Absolix Loyal Player

I personally never use either, since trol healing powers are nerfed in PvP.
  3. Mighty Committed Player

Anyone get their hands on an Inspiration III head mod yet? I'd love to do some testing to see if it makes Ch/Insp viable for the setup. I ran some tests last weekend with Ch/Insp/NVB vs. tap range/Fan~ running for two 10-second parses then stopping and repeating, just to see which had the better ramp-up damage. The results I got was a virtual tie between the two. Some sets of tests the buffs did 1% more damage, some sets of tests the no-buffs startup did 1% more damage. This was at CR125, I couldn't do it on test because they nabbed all my skill points in preparation for the update, so I had to do it live and just strip off a couple pieces of gear.

I had raised the issue with Spord earlier that HL kind of got shafted because our AM was designed to not use the self buff, pretty much unlike every other power. Got no response.
    • Like x 1
  4. Delta796th Loyal Player

I feel ya man, I was having discussions with SJ & Mepps regarding this 3 months ago. Was told they would find out
    STILL WAITING.

Side note: Move that parser to 30 seconds and you'll see the INSP wins out by about 6-7% on average (at least it did with me and Brice & Farmer at 168) I think it's because initially it was "supposed" to fall off once AM went active per Tunso but in actual testing it stays active for full 12 seconds. Essentially giving you higher PREC for first 1.5 - 4 seconds and higher crit for 12 seconds.
  5. Mighty Committed Player

Well the thing I figured was, if it's a 12-second buff, and NVB is a 15 second buff, then more than half of that 30-second parse would be just the AM vs. AM. What I wanted to do was isolate, as much as was possible, that first 15 seconds. So what I did is I'd pop the rotation and run for two 10-second parses, and then stop and record the results (essentially a 20-second parse). For the most part, the no-buff start won in the first 10 seconds, the buffs won in the second 10 seconds (essentially the first half of that 10 seconds), but not by much. That was CR 125 though, so I wonder if, as CR and stats go up, if inspiration's precision buff has a greater impact on the DPS. I also wonder if, when #statsmatter, if inspiration will be a more-worthwhile buff.

I took video and have a table of the parse results, it's just that we're moving into a new house and I've been a little swamped. Will follow up with a side-by-side of the two.
  6. Delta796th Loyal Player

Cool - when we tested we didn't use NVB just the Ch / Rech / Insp Fan Impact LB MG Range Rotation or Ch/ Rech / Insp /Fan Claw HClaw Ram Fan Melee Rotations.
  7. Mighty Committed Player

Yeah I'm not particularly a fan of NVB/Insp/Rech because you basically drop 75% of your power into the setup, but I figured if I was stopping to test buffed vs. non-buffed, I may as well throw NVB in there too since it's basically free in terms of time, and does ever so slightly, ad some damage. I bought an Insp III mod today and did a little testing. Not enough to really even gauge yet, but I'll get something up next week.
    • Like x 1
  8. Rokyn Dedicated Player

Have you guys looked into using Inspiration only when you get CCed or countered? Or activating Inspiration right before a fight and then going tap triangle clipped into your power? Technically, your 1.5 second ramp up time should still kick in with these three methods but I'm not really sure. Something to try out.

I wouldn't really use NVB or Chompers DoT, it's very minuscule damage, it's free damage though.

And also, tap melee also works as well for the 1.5 second start up tme. Tap melee, in my opinion, is much better since you don't have to register an immediate hit on the target and it still puts you in combat.
    • Like x 1
  9. Rokyn Dedicated Player

Only issue with running Inspiration is the spec. Ideally, if you want to tackle both melee and range, you want to have almost a full melee and full range spec in one armory with most of the options available so you can weave in and out of danger and so forth. If you use multiple armories, then you can use half specs to have range with Inspiration and melee with Inspiration and you can switch armories depending on the scenario.
    • Like x 1
  10. Delta796th Loyal Player

To try and answer both question
    Chomp Recharge INSP clip vs weapon tap:. Ch does the exact thing as tapby bringing you into combat, thus reducing the ramp from 4 to 1.5. However it's hits harder and does apply PI which makes next hits slightly harder (certain constructs). It's just as fast as ICE 3 power clip so no wasted time into FAN (which I start with). You'll be in full AM by 3rd tick of Impact exactly like you would be using tap method. That's why Brice, Farmer and I all saw increased damage in 30 second parsers vs traditional tap (especially since INSP does not fall off like Tunso originally stated). NVB however is a total waste as it slows you down too much.

I really only activate the clip when either starting a fight or if I'm out of combat being grace period. Many times if I need to do a pickup or room mechanic I'll throw Chompers to keep me in combat the whole time then go right back into combos.
    I haven't really tried after getting countered since it usually still falls within grace period.

Melee & Range loadout w/ Insp. You have 2 choices either dual armory so you can include whips and chainsaw OR use Fan Claw HClaw Ram Claw for melee. We saw no discernable difference in all of our parsing using this. In fact in times it was higher because you didn't have the knock up and back of Lunging Swings and Boxing Gloves. I do include Entrap in my spec to get Lungiing swing and use it if I need to knock adds off me by doing a hybrid of Fan Claw HClaw Swing Impact etc..

Hooe that all makes sense
    • Like x 1
  11. Mighty Committed Player

That's what I tried to emulate with the two 10-second parses and then stopping, because really all you're looking for is, during the first ~12 seconds of the fight am I better off just going straight into the AM or am I better off throwing out the PI/Buff. After those 12-13 seconds it should be a wash because then it's just the AM working. Per the testing I did last week including NvB clipped with Insp/Rech there was a +/- 1-2 percent difference between the two over a range of tests at 125 CR. Essentially it was a draw. But I'm wondering now, with the crits from the helmet, if this doesn't push the inspiration loadout over the top in terms of pure DPS (utility of speccing it still being a pain in the ***).
    • Like x 1
  12. dr strangeonline Loyal Player

Due to damage range's they'll be variance(you guys are smart and know that). Last I looked just going into the AM worked out best. Especially in actual combat situations since casting CH/INS/NVB/RC etc have some kind of cast time. And many AM's can quickly get into there damage without that same hindrance. Leading to the user netting more damage on the scorecard in that short window. If playing with a slower group it may be more effective to use INS.....

NVB and Chompers will add little damage. Ideally HL players will build for as high PREC as possible. I'm not saying they aren't usable. The overall increase just isn't much if noticable at all. It does seem that NVB will get more ticks when used with the range rotation or with a WT rotation since that moves the hit counter and it procs more often with more hits.

That said each can be effective. If someone's PuGGing it may be a wash depending on the groups skill level.

Please let us know your(Mighty) results with the Helm. I haven't checked anything with that.

I haven't heard anything from a DEV about making INS more viable for HL DPS. Its kind of a wash right now. The power doesn't really matter a whole lot. Most powers have a few token powers that don't work well with the AM's. I'm not sure if they'll ever actually make it more accessible. It would be nice though.
  13. Rokyn Dedicated Player

If anything, Inspiration is still a useful power for controlling and PVP. For controlling, you can use it to buff your teammates while you debuff the bosses and dish power out and do support damage. Some scenarios you will need a damage or heal debuff. With the elite affinity mod for trolls, you can run damage debuff, defense debuff, recharge, Light Barrier, Group shielding, and inspiration.
    • Like x 1
  14. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

So wait they released a Head mod for inspiration and it cancels our AM?

Either HL is gonna get allowed to use inspiration, or that's a defenitive yes to WM coming back.
    • Like x 1
  15. CassUV Well-Known Player

I thought the same. Inspiration breaks our AM. They release a mod that supose to help DPS players of all powers but they release a mod in a power that cancels our AM. When HL had revision, i readed many HL players asking to Tunso to make Inspiration part of AM but he said no, no way, and now, to crown that decision, they put our critical mod in Inspiration.

In my opinion they need to make Inspiration part of the AM to use this mod or put it in another power; sorry to always use this power as example but lets see Ice, they have Ice bash mod, and Ice bash is really usefull for Ice players, so why can not have it with inspiration too?.

One more time, sorry for anything i said wrong, im still young in this journey. Thank you very much.
  16. Delta796th Loyal Player

They made it not part of the AM becuase it allowed for parser numbers that were above the +/-5% threshold.

Just in case you did t know why Tunso did it. Not defending him (he screwed enough things up)
  17. Delta796th Loyal Player

As always Doc...spot on.
    The Ch /Recharge /Insp clip only adds about 8% to initial 12 seconds. Not a huge amount and Not entirely noticeable. BUT if you are a min max type of player you are talking the difference of 220k DPS and 224889 DPS as an example.
    • Like x 1
  18. Mighty Committed Player

Which is, of course, classic Tunso logic, because we can still get an inspiration buff, or buffs like it, from other HL players, Celestials and Rage DPS. So instead of having us throw a buff that picks up the other DPS in the room and incorporate that into the AM and the threshold testing, it's completely ignored as a variable. Solid. If anything it makes me feel bad for Rage guy who - thanks to Tunso - literally can never out-dps the HL guy standing next to him.

Lol, I fee like "C" is the most-likely option. They just didn't think about it. Id love to be wrong and for them to show up and be like "yo, weapons update, pets, nature and elec, and then HL clipping mechanic is getting touched up. With 7m melee." I know that'll never happen though. Gadgets will get its 43rd update to make it more viable and diverse before that happens.
    • Like x 1
  19. Rokyn Dedicated Player

That's something interesting that not many DPS notice. Powers that don't use a team buff, benefit significantly when there is a buff up compared to an AM that needs the buff to reach maximum DPS. Atomic, Light, Mental, Gadgets, Quantum, Fire, Ice, and Sorcery all benefit from this.

Think of it like a glass of water. The Rage/Celestial/etc DPS in order to achieve maximum DPS, must use their team buff and best rotation to achieve this. They fill up their glass of water with the buff and rotation.

The Hardlight DPS in order to achieve maximum DPS, only needs their best rotation to fill up their glass of water. Anything buffing them outside of that, only makes them that much stronger +-5%.

When you think of it competitively, it becomes a glaring issue. When you think of it, teamwork wise, it's a great thing for the group in order to increase overall burn to accomplish the objective. Either way, if users want to run Inspiration....it would have to be activated before a fight starts or when CCed/countered while maintaining the 1.5 second start up time and grace period. I theorize that's the best way to use it if someone wants to use it.
    • Like x 1
  20. dr strangeonline Loyal Player

I'm not gonna hold my breath for any more revamps. Having the clipping mechanic option would be nice but the last I'd heard that wasn't on the dockett at all. I'd love to see full on weapon revamps for some of my other powered toons.

Rokyn hit it spot on... I mentioned this in a PM to another user. INS can be used if the player chooses to. There are + and - to it. Using it will increase damage while its activated. However, knowing when to activate is the key since regularly stopping every 12 seconds will net DPS loss. The key is at the right time. Whether its worth it for players to spend the power points to get it when they won't be using it is up to them and how they use it.

Mighty's point should also be included in this. If there is another player that will have a team buff up then casting it isn't really necessary. We can always use there's.

Knowing the enemies health level and how fast they'll be KO'd will also be important when using INS. A player should factor that into how there using there rotation. Taking the time to cast CH>NVB>RC>INS then going into the AM against trash that is KO'd in a few seconds will net less damage than just going into the AM. That's due to cast time and the fact that the user won't get the DoT's/Proc's off of those abilites. A player will net more damage just using the AM in those situations.

Too often players get caught up in testing base numbers don't acknowledge real time use.