Bonus Trick or Treat Weekend!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Oct 18, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Have managed to get three different Head, Hands aura so far (on three different characters: Grey Plasmic, Yellow BO & Dark Blue Nimbus), butt yeah, getting just two Alt-Currency is a waste, and, while probably the only way personally will ever get Quarks, what can you get for 4 or 6? o_O
  2. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

That was a stonker: just got the Plague Doctors Belt :eek:
  3. Earth742 Well-Known Player

Sorry, I was still waking up when I posted; Power Materials were from the Resurgence TCs I was able to open.
    • Like x 1
  4. Hurly-Burly Active Player

The game is becoming a bit more friendly to the players, can't complain. This includes time capsules. Time capsule announcements drew moans and groans from the community now they are a welcomed addition to earn something you can keep or sell to the broken for some quick cash. Good job lately with the game.
    • Like x 2
  5. TRIXTA00001 Well-Known Player

You don't have to grind/do anything.

They are free gifts. Whether or not you choose to participate for those free gifts is up to you.

It's not like you have to pay extra.... why complain about something that was added with the intent of nothing but good will!!!???

You don't like to grind... DON'T GRIND!! your choice and only you can change that.

Thanks mepps for the free stuff at no extra cost! And the extra free stuff at no extra cost!

A lot of people appreciate the gesture of getting extra chances at some really cool stuff
  6. Earth742 Well-Known Player

I am curios; are the Loot Tables (plural) being tweaked?
    1. I am not getting candy drops as I was before I made my big thanks post. Meaning it is taking about 3x as long to fill a bucket.
    2. I have not gotten a single aura since the aforementioned 'big thanks' post. Aside from Bites and Marks, only one non-currency item did I receive; a seasonal costume piece I was going to get anyway, for that character. So I am grateful to save some time & currency.
    Have the Auras been cut off?
  7. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

And just as you have the right to run....potentially double what you were going to run...and appreciate it, I can do the opposite and voice my opinion...it's America after all. I already said I would likely not cash out on any extra buckets and would not increase my grind, but I would cash whatever ones were completed. My complaint was that it's presented as a 'bonus' and really it's not.

Example, I'll buy you a nice shirt, except 2 sizes too small (which you are pretty sure I knew....but yes...I knew, it was just the cheaper size...on clearance). The store I bought it from was 60 miles away from where you live by the way and only takes returns in store within 7 days. So you can either garbage it....or spend a few hours that week going to get a new one that fits. Is this still a thoughtful gift? When next I see you and ask "how'd you like the shirt" will you say 'Super Great!!!' or 'Well it was too friggin small and I (insert your choice of what you'd do with it here)....so thanks'.

I like the idea in theory....it's in practice that they fall short sometimes. Doubling the drop rate would have been the right thing to do if they really wanted to make it a bonus....just like buying a shirt in your right size is the right thing to do (if possible).

But we can agree to disagree. Again...it's America. Enjoy your grind...it's sunny out today so I'm letting my buckets go.

Reinheld
    • Like x 2
  8. TRIXTA00001 Well-Known Player

it is your choice for sure. I don't dispute that.

But you could have just told yourself that. Rather than doing that you felt the need to voice your decision/views.

You might never use all of them, and unlike your small shirt analysis and the driving to exchange it, you are sat on your butt playing a game.... I don't think dcuo would swap your event buckets for a smaller size

And there's no choice to exchange because you never bought them... they're a gift (a one that nobody expected)

Where as your shirt scenario...? Surely you would purchase that shirt (unless you stole it ofcourse). If you did purchase a shirt that was too small and a few hours drive to return it? I'd think you were silly in the first place but I'd still be thankful.

If you asked later how i liked my gift I'd say it was too small and it doesn't fit.

You knew it was 2 sizes too small so what did you expect me to say..... I wouldn't say super great. I'd just maybe wonder about your competency in gift buying. And think you wasted your own money.
  9. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

And now you are getting what a few people have a problem with this 'bonus' from DBG about: rather than doubling the free buckets (and subsequently doubling the grindage), they could have doubled the Candy drop rate, thus reducing the amount of grinding and possibly result in an increase of Bucket sales, because people would be more likely to buy more if they had an easier time in filling them (specially considering the crap **** loot that majority end up getting)
  10. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

So according to your own rules, you are ungrateful for my gift, which you do not have standing to be...again, your rules.

BTW...I wouldn't be returning the shirt....you would be. I bought it when I was on a trip out of town. Saw it on the rack and said "meh...good enough for Trixta...whether he wants it or not. Sure hope he appreciates it"

To each his own. But just like people can come in the forum and express how great they think something is "ooooh...a new hairstyle", others have the right to express dissatisfaction, just as you would be dissatisfied with my shirt gift purchase. I didn't say you couldn't appreciate the bonus buckets...just that I didn't appreciate it as it would double the grind to take advantage of the gift.

Not sure why everyone who gets so offended by a post like this is offended....unless they are Devs. Now if Mepps or Megzilla or NerdOfPrey wants to get on and tell me they are offended, that's a different story. I'd hope if they did, maybe if enough people were saying similar things, maybe they would see the point and increase the drop rate... or double the drops. Maybe not, but if everyone is just saying 'SuperGreat!!!' to everything that is not representative of the whole community because I know a lot of people who also thought the 'bonus' was not really that....as they also didn't plan on using them due to the added grind to do so.

Reinheld
    • Like x 1
  11. TRIXTA00001 Well-Known Player

Lol I'm not offended. I don't see the problem of extra buckets. They free anyway. It's up to people if they want to grind candies to fill the buckets or not... nobody is losing out and nobody is being told how long they should play for.

Unlike the shirt you bought for me (;-p) nobody is paying for anything
  12. TRIXTA00001 Well-Known Player

Are you saying they should increase candy drop rate and buckets?
    Buckets fill up with 150 candy exp? Double candy drop rate would mean not enough buckets? Or do you mean double candy drop rate and double buckets?
  13. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Last time I buy you a shirt. Ungrateful. Worst 3 bucks I ever spent.

Reinheld
    • Like x 1
  14. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Fairly sure was just saying to double the Candy drop, for those who don't 'grind' and only do the two Seasonals, it can be... tough getting enough to fill just one Bucket per day per character
    • Like x 2
  15. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

We don't expect and I don't think it is reasonable for anyone to expect that every bonus weekend will blow your minds or be equally amazing. The Trick or Treat event is a fun, silly little thing that's special for this halloween season. The bonus weekend invited everyone to have a little bit more of that silly fun.
    • Like x 15
  16. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Personally didn't meant to sound ungrateful or unappreciative, just that, maybe, could have been done a little differently?
  17. Proxystar #Perception

Yea I'm not disappointed,

I got a decent number of head and hand auras, dark blue smoke, pink nimbus, light purple nimbus, pink plasmic, light purple plasmic, white vapor, blue, gold, green nimbus, light green nimbus.. think I got a few others too.
    • Like x 2
  18. Ultimus Primus Well-Known Player

I would Like to thank you. I also got a LOT of auras and had a lot of fun cuz i found that leveling a new character granted more candy faster ( or at least thats what i saw). So i got to play with new powers run some old stuff and get some pretty cool FREE stuff.
    • Like x 2
  19. Krossssss Well-Known Player

TY was Kool :cool:
    • Like x 1
  20. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Thanks for that. While it might sound ungrateful (and yeah, maybe it IS ungrateful), while it is a silly thing and wasn't supposed to be earth shattering, there are those of us who would like to think that anything presented as something we can do, or take advantage of, should be doable within a certain level of play. Maybe you intended this to be for the hardcore grinders only...maybe not, but arguably those were the only ones who could collect and fill all 18 (or 24 if you timed it right) buckets this weekend. I did end up collecting all the buckets....maybe they will get filled before event end.

Sorry. Yes, we should appreciate some freebie thing. I didn't object to the idea as a whole, just thought double candy to make the additional 3 buckets doable within a reasonable amount of time was worth a mention. Maybe next year or next similar 'bonus' thing it's something to look at.

Reinheld
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.