Bonus Trick or Treat Weekend!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Oct 18, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

[IMG]

Bonus Trick or Treat Weekend!

Happy Trick or Teekling! During the Trick or Treat event, all players receive three Teekl Buckets each day (every 24 hours). This weekend, we're doubling your buckets, so you will see SIX Teekl Buckets in your grants window every day. Get double the buckets, find candy, and get even more of those sweet, sweet Halloween and modular aura rewards!

The bonus Trick or Treat Weekend begins October 18, 2018, and lasts through October 21, 2018. Meow!
    • Like x 9
  2. Eve YouTuber

oh so it was legit, I was wondering if it was supposed to happen or not lol
    Thanks Devs!
    • Like x 4
  3. L T Devoted Player

Candy! Candy! Candy!

I mean... Errr.... Super Great!
    • Like x 1
  4. Ikyotojin Dedicated Player

GO TEAM DIABETES!!
    • Like x 4
  5. StopYerWhining New Player

6. TybeeTahiri Devoted Player

Would love to get some Auras but keep getting Marks of Victory, which I’ve been capped out on.

Why the heck are those in the loot table :(
    • Like x 2
  7. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

At least they are not Candy Bites, now those shouldn't be in there, nor the Treats or Tricks
    • Like x 3
  8. Doc.Doom15 Committed Player

I use them to buy boxes from Constantine and for styles I don't have yet. They are very useful.
    • Like x 4
  9. Nuclear Winter Well-Known Player

Both of those, plus I buy Type VIII catalysts to generate league prestige during lean times (224 prestige per stack of 16).
    • Like x 3
  10. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Are candy drops doubled also (either double each drop or 1/2 drop timer) or just the buckets?

Reinheld
  11. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Just extra buckets
  12. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Weeee, so now to keep up with filling the buckets instead of having to run mindless content for 3 hours a day, I can run for 6. At least the raids are reset, so there are those to run. "Don't fill all 6 buckets" you say? No problem, as I probably won't, I just don't like it being presented as a 'bonus' when the only way to take advantage of said bonus is to double my grind time when things are grindy enough already. To me that's a chore....not a bonus. I've already got a job where I put in 8 hours a day, I don't need a 2nd. And I'm pretty sure when that job tells me I need to put in double the hours or to work the weekend they have never referred to it as 'bonus' work, even if I get some compensation in the end. It's called 'overtime'. Hey, at least I can get some more Witches brew or maybe 2 MoV for my extra work...oh, wait the Witches brews are not really useful and I could get 2 bonus MoV in 5 minutes running Shadowlands? No...this is better.

Yeah, I'm complaining about something that is extra and I don't need to participate in...And yes, If I get the candy I'll open the buckets. I just get tired of someone handing me a box of poop and say 'hey man....if you clean the poop out it's a nice box at least, you should be appreciative'. I do like having a few extra boxes laying around....I just get tired of cleaning the poop out...it smells.

Reinheld
    • Like x 5
  13. PsySomatic Extra Life 2020

I don't mind the marks and seasonal currency, the consumables however.. I've opened at least 25 so far, I received 2 auras, 1 boo, seasonal currency twice, 2 base items and the rest consumables..

Hopefully the auras get put into the quark vendor or something after the event.
    • Like x 1
  14. Belthazur Dedicated Player

Remember you NEED those Consumables for the consume 100 Feat :p
    • Like x 2
  15. Awsome Well-Known Player

I actually agree with this. I am struggling enough to fill 3 buckets. And I have yet to get anything good. I love the concept of these, but the candy drops so infrequently (approx every 20 minutes) that this isn't worth the trouble.
    Any chance you can fix the loot tables on these? I litterally earned 6 quarks last night (3 buckets x 2 quarks each). The only reason I even played yesterday was to fill those buckets, and 2 quarks is litterally the worst thing I could have earned. I like quarks, but the value per quark is rediculously low, and 2 isn't getting me anywhere.
    Two days ago, I got 4 spookie bites (2 buckets x 2 spookie bites each) and 2 marks of victory. Three days ago, I litterally got 3 pieces of candy that buff stats, but don't go toward the feat.
    I realize that I probably just have had incredibly bad luck, but I am really starting to get frustrated with these buckets. And to have to spend approx 2 and a half hours a night to fill them is getting to be too much.

I just realized I turned a quick response into a rant. Sorry about that. So in conclusion, please: Adjust loot wheel and allow candy to drop at faster rates.
    • Like x 3
  16. eanur Well-Known Player

This is all kinda pointless if you don't receive double sweets to open them. If you played for just enough time to open the 3 you get normally then now you need to play twice as long to open up all 6 each day over the weekend.
    You can let them build in your inventory but I doubt we will receive these buckets and sweets come 1st November so they will be useless. And let's face it its at the time where most are just waiting now till next dlc only logging on for seasonal and the game gets boring around this time each year.
    Having to play for twice as long each day over this weekend is going to more of a chore then fun.
    • Like x 2
  17. PsySomatic Extra Life 2020

While true for others, I have 17 toons so I got the feat very quickly. :D

Unfortunately the odds highly favor you getting junk over anything cool.. even on their stream 4/5 buckets gave them junk and one base item. :p

So hopefully something can be done with the new styles in those buckets afterwards, otherwise it could potentially be years to get something you actually want from them.
    • Like x 1
  18. TybeeTahiri Devoted Player

You can get MoV anywhere. Getting 2 MoV in these Teekl Buckets is extremely disappointing.
    • Like x 4
  19. MrMigraine Devoted Player

While this is a lovely gesture, my real DCUO excitement this weekend will be refreshing the threads for the Test Server. ;)

(C'mooooooon Atlantis!)
    • Like x 2
  20. Awsome Well-Known Player

100% agree. Quarks and MoV are the worst in something like this. Its not festive, and while they aren't worthless, most of us hope for something from the Halloween event, not for marks. If I wanted 2 marks, I can run some five minute duo or mission. Not spend an hour collecting candy.
    I hate being the guy complaining about free stuff, but in theory this should be fun, and it hasn't turned out to be for me (been very unlucky)
    • Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.