Bonus Marks of Victory Weekend!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Jan 23, 2019.

1. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

[IMG]

Bonus Marks of Victory Weekend!

Everyone's alting and ranking up this anniversary, so why not add a little more fuel to the leveling fire? Reap the rewards in extra Marks of Victory this weekend.

This weekend – from Thursday, January 24, 2019, through Sunday, January 27, 2019 – all players will receive DOUBLE Marks of Victory when completing instanced, relevant content across the entire game. That's right, the entire game. All episodes. Everywhere. If it's an instance in the On Duty menu that's not the vault and is relevant to your combat rating, you will get 2x this weekend.

Marks of Victory are primarily used for unlocking vendor gear (increasing combat rating), prior to Episode 27.

PLEASE NOTE: The bonus weekend will begin this Thursday with daily server restarts, and will last through Sunday to daily server restarts on Monday morning.
    • Like x 16
  2. Belthazur Dedicated Player

3. recoil2 Dedicated Player

sweet, more base item boxes.
    • Like x 2
  4. myandria Item Storage

There...

Important points highlighted. :D
  5. Catastrophic Repercussion Dedicated Player

I think the wording "optional marks not affected" is missing there.
    • Like x 1
  6. Brad Sisto Well-Known Player

I am sorry but after so many have commented about the High costs of the ANNIVERSARY EVENT and asking for a Double/Triple Weekend for that currency to have MoV put on us instead is a SLAP in the face (Everyone I know past AF3 considers MoV USELESS beyond Catalysts, most End Game it is useless). We all lauded you all for the great Winter Event and how friendly that was to the Players New and Old alike only to have the Anniversary that all anyone says is 'Buy Crowns on the Marketplace'. Well after many of us spent $100-300+ during the Winter Sale I really don't have the free cash to go and buy even more.

Last year you had a GREAT Double Weekend for the Anniversary and that actually got me actively playing the game again after greatly dislike the Black Friday/Cyber Monday/Winter Sales last year. It made me wish I had played the event more than I had that year in order to get Krypto for Bases/Halls and that nice Exo Origin style. This year I have been playing the Event constantly on 6 characters to try and get the things I really want for Feats and specific Characters since THERE ARE NO STYLE UNLOCKS. Lets not even touch the idiocy that are the ANTIMATTER MOTES we already beat you all over the head with that.

Yes I know many players MoV are very useful to help them boost their CR faster especially right now during OPEN EPISODES (All Free to Play and Premium players get to play all content). I really like the occasional set of Open Episodes having been Premium and Legendary at different times this also helped pull me back to the game at different points. But with the Anniversary ENDING and never having any kind of 'specials' associated with it not a Bonus Weekend or Free 'thanks for playing currency boost' or even SALES BOXES like Winter this has many of us utterly ticked off. You even went to the great effort back in October to put in a Gift Granting System which while Teekl Buckets were grindy was kinda fun at points but you haven't used that at all for Winter, New Years or the Anniversary at all! Not even the old Redeem commands in the Marketplace have been used like they have in the past again for Halloween. So yeah I and others are voicing our great displeasure. We had hoped greatly for ANNIVERSARY QWARDIAN CROWN BONUSES this weekend.
    • Like x 1
  7. Zane Rapid New Player

Does anyone know how I go about getting a name from a character that doesn’t play anymore?
  8. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

9. Zane Rapid New Player

10. jamiejacket Well-Known Player

Why don't you guys just do a double or triple every currency weekend? There is so much of the older content that a lot of us would like to re-run and it would help a lot of players that have fallen behind to catch up with help.
  11. Miss Martian Well-Known Player

You know, I used to be a fortune-teller when I was young. :p
    • Like x 3
  12. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Thanks. Double is always appreciated...triple moreso (like last weekend). It would have been better to see it on the Quardian Crowns, but beggars can't be choosers I guess.

One question for the devs though. Why only the On-duty content? I'm guessing because it's easier to replay as you can reset your buddies (you can't reset someone else's solo). All of the latest content has daily outdoor content and for those of us who don't run with a set crew, solo content (outdoor daily/weekly missions) are way more doable, especially on alts who are still leveling vs having to get into raids or alerts. I guess I'm just wondering if it's technical or a command decision to NOT include those.

Reinheld
    • Like x 5
  13. Captain1Dynamo Committed Player

Oh wait, this is the last weekend for Anniversary event. Yep they did screw us over with no bonus crowns.
    • Like x 1
  14. aerrigus New Player

if its wrath crowns that was last weekend thru this past monday
  15. UnderworldSelene Well-Known Player

For those with lower CR alts, this is awesome! :D
  16. Kuno Loyal Player

Thank you, next.
    I get the feeling the devs are going to add last january weekend as extended part of the anniversay and make it bonus anniversart currency.
    Personally I'm tired of the seasonals, we should get new ones. At least the instanced ones if that's easier to update.
    I can't wait to move on to the next episode, I think I'm bored right now :(
    • Like x 1
  17. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

It's about finding the time to set up every mission in the game vs. the time to set up every instance in the game to be doubled. We have found time for the latter.
    • Like x 4
  18. StealthBlue Loyal Player

• Like x 2
  19. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

So technical then....understood and as said before, appreciated. I've got a few premiums who are trying to knock out all the vendor 00 styles while the free preview is still going on...this will help.

Reinheld
  20. spack2k Steadfast Player

thx but i am on 999 catalyst caches, i just hope new players can make use of this and catch up