Bonus Ancient Coins Weekend!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Mar 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mazahs Loyal Player

Doh- beat me to it...
    I read that 3x and was like huh?!?!
    • Like x 1
  2. gemii Dedicated Player

:rolleyes: oh now it wants to come back when im 20 coins away from my Next OP item lol
    • Like x 1
  3. >>>KIra<<< Dedicated Player

Outstanding
  4. StealthBlue Loyal Player

I just remembered another thing. The 410 mission isn't resettable, so the last time you did a bonus ancient coins weekend you started it on Thursday so people who don't read the forums didn't miss out on the bonus (if they finish the mission on Thursday). Is there any chance you are going to do that again?
    • Like x 1
  5. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

No, not this time, but when possible we prefer to hit Thursdays.
  6. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Double coin weekends give me this warm fuzzy feeling all over. Don't you guys remember how awesome double pvp rewards weekend was too? So nice to do half the work for once. Thanks guys.
    • Like x 2
  7. RealTegan Dedicated Player

Great... the one weekend I'm at a convention (Emerald City Comicon) and won't be able to play much, if at all. Oh well. Such is life.
    • Like x 2
  8. StealthBlue Loyal Player

So, any word on if this is 50%, double, or something else for the bonus this time around?
  9. Tygerfyre Committed Player

Question: With the move back to having a new mark (coins) for this episode, what happens when the content is no longer relevant to us (perhaps when the next episode comes out), but we still need to buy gear to get missing style pieces? Will the vendor start taking Marks of Victory, like in the past when old currencies retired?
  10. r0kX1n9O4quzdJi Well-Known Player

Most likely,but expect the pricing to be very steep since we are talking about MoV's,unless they plan to use the same currency for the next dlc/episode,and doubtful we we have multiple marks like in the past because back then having 3 marks for different gear was a pita,but like you said they will probably follow the MoV path.
  11. PolishEagle Dedicated Player

I know that. I was wondering if he was Olympian modding everything. I have seen that inspecting people and wondered why.
  12. Tsavorentless Dedicated Player

Thing thats funny I couldn't take advantage of last one cuz I lost my job. Rite after someone calls me begging me to come back and I say ok and then log in and see bonus thing. I go back thurs to sunday.. I should call out sick! Thanxgiving to now wasn't long enough but mon I'll be good.

Hahaha I'll say I got dc flu!
    • Like x 1
  13. Cold Fusion Well-Known Player

Thank you!
  14. bmce84 Loyal Player

Thanks.....i guess.
  15. jamiejacket Well-Known Player

Always the optimist
    • Like x 1
  16. bmce84 Loyal Player

They already said all pieces of content will keep their own currency from now on so players can't skip anything, if you where free or premium and just plan on waiting for the next episode and will just hoard MoV for this one down the road, that isn't going to work.
    • Like x 1
  17. Atrocuis_ Well-Known Player

Finally I've been working my but off to get the rest of my gear finished I missed the first ancient coin weekend but now this is great but I am also interested, is this double coin or a
    how much will it be?
  18. ozzy1111 Dedicated Player

or, in day break lingo...buy lots of replays...no thanks. I'm done...everything done on one toon. the alts will do with out, just fine...
  19. Tygerfyre Committed Player

My original question remains unanswered then. If AF3 keeps it's own currency, and I reach a point where I can no longer earn that currency thanks to relevancy, how would I ever be able to purchase remaining items?
  20. PsySomatic Extra Life 2020

They will likely just give AF3 currency alongside the next DLC currency, pretty much like they currently do with AF3 content and MoV. At least that way the window is twice as large for players to get everything in AF3. At that point, honestly if you haven't gotten everything and you wanted to get everything, you only really have yourself to blame. Not you specifically, just anyone in general.

Then again there is no telling what they have planned for the future, the styles could get put into a vendor, they currency could be made available by trading current currency, etc, etc.
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.