Black Waters: An Atlantis DLC Trilogy (Complete)

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Harlequin_Nox, May 17, 2014.

1. Harlequin_Nox Committed Player

Please remember to Like and reply to this post if you'd like to see this in-game, so the Devs can see it. Thanks. :)

This is the completed form of my earlier thread for this same idea.

• Like x 15
  2. Harlequin_Nox Committed Player

• Like x 9
  3. Harlequin_Nox Committed Player

• Like x 6
  4. wondergirl31 New Player

cool!
    Do you think DLC packs are worth it?
  5. Radium Devoted Player

Really nice concept.

The only problem I have with it is that your Part 1 has little to no relevent end-game content. It would be more suited for an expansion then anything.
    • Like x 2
  6. Jafin 10000 Post Club

I really like the idea of the trilogy as a whole, except that part 1 seems to have nothing to do with the overarching story. As Radium pointed out above it would really be more suited to an expansion, and I would personally change it from level 1-30 to adding on an extra 10-15 levels, making the level cap 45 but you can only enter into it once you are full Tier 6/7, or basically whatever the highest tier is upon the release of Star City.

I don't think we need to adjust the level cap at all, I'm just saying if you were to keep the stuff in Part 1 as levelling missions then they would be better suited to a level cap adjustment rather than adding it into existing levelling content as that would take away some of the motivation for people who are already level 30 to do it.
    • Like x 1
  7. Harlequin_Nox Committed Player

Thanks for posting! :)

There are a number of reasons I'm proposing the first DLC the way I have: 1) Adding three new mentors requires new leveling missions for new characters, 2) It adds a lot of new content to the game that isn't just for end-game content, but also adds a basis for new stories that ARE end-game content, 3) It immerses Star City in the game as much as Gotham and Metropolis, and 4) It's the foundation for the two DLCs that follow. That being said, I really don't see how you feel like the first part doesn't match with the story of the Trilogy as a whole. Could you please elaborate on that? :/

I agree that a new level cap (with CR requirements) wouldn't hurt, but I also agree that it isn't necessary. As for it being an expansion, the Devs have themselves said that a DLC Trilogy should feel like an expansion. So I went with that. :p
  8. Harlequin_Nox Committed Player

I think you may be mistaking Part 1 of the DLC with my original post; I had to put Part 1 into the first portion of the second post due to the forums restricting users to 10k characters per post. Part 1 of the DLC would have an Operation, an Alert, a Raid, and an Iconic Anomaly (or the equivalent).

Actually, if anything is light on content (looking this over again), it would be Part 3. I may have to expand on that a bit.
  9. JessTier New Player

Not everything in-game HAS to be end-game material... I personally LOVE the idea of lower level content being added. This means more way to get to lvl 30 and would once again add some trully unique touches to the game.

I for one think it's a great idea!
    • Like x 3
  10. Jafin 10000 Post Club

Ah sorry, I just saw you saying that some of Part 1 is in the second post, I didn't notice that first time around so it makes more sense now.

I understand why you're including new levelling stuff, it just begs the question of what incentive will people who are already at endgame have to do the new levelling content? I mean personally I would have no problem making a new character specifically just to do the levelling content, but there are some people who wouldn't, so there would have to be some kind of motivation for them to do it.
    • Like x 1
  11. Derio 15000 Post Club

I like the concept, even though I thought you already brought it up before earlier. But I can see them doing this after they stop making new content for the PS3 version of the game.
  12. Bluelanterns hope New Player

Amazing!
    • Like x 1
  13. Harlequin_Nox Committed Player

I was RREEEEAAAALLLLYYY happy to see the announcement of Deathstroke and Black Adam coming to Legends. Still am. :D

Any chance of seeing that happen with Lobo?
  14. NerdGeist Well-Known Player

So true. I find it boring to to the very same stuff everytime I decide to roll a new character. It kills the mood when you already know everything ahead of the time you're even there.
  15. Harlequin_Nox Committed Player

With the change in ownership and SOE having become Daybreak (I know, I've been gone a while), I thought it might be a good idea to bring this thread back for a second look since content is now being released differently. There might be something worthwhile here, and some of what was suggested here (particularly some Legends) has been done since my original post.

Any input is welcomed. :)
  16. SuperNerdGeekOverkill Dedicated Player

ok, so here's mine: I spotted "part 1", got scared, then scrolled down to see "part 2" and "part 3", and I did not even bother to read anything else, because I genuinely hate the concept of DLC/Episode trilogies. The trilogies that we already started are among the worst things that ever happened to DCUO because not only were the stories poorly done (just like the entire craftsmanship revolving around the trilogies), but they opened the door to recycling content and got a lot of people bored of certain heroes (WW) and/or the general theme (lanterns).
    • Like x 1
  17. MrWon Committed Player

Agree, I think DCUO has done way too much rehashing/recycling in the game. Not only that, but its been like what 5 years? and all we got is one new weapon and one new city,(personally I don't count it as a city, too small like NG). I mean come on...every "Episode" you fight nearly the exact same enemies, but just different skin and stats.

But I really do like these ideas, very creative. I hope DCUO does something totally new like this in the future instead of the same old recycle.
  18. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

Ok now you should relook at this and this time note that it is from May of last year when trilogies were still on the new side. There is also the fact that the trilogy format is gone and there wont be anymore so no worries for you there.

With that in mind, now look at it as a possible Episode or two down the line and see what you think of the ideas then. You may still not like it but at least you will see it in a better light.
    • Like x 1
  19. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

Not 5 years yet, January I believe.

Weapons take a great deal of work that heavy effects all of the game. Spytle has also said that there aren't plans for any new weapons in the foreseeable future.

Cities are a different thing, that's more dealing with what the system can handle, which isn't enough at the moment.
  20. Harlequin_Nox Committed Player

This.

Per my last post, the change in format to how content is released was why I dredged the thread back up from the depths (see what I did there? Nyuk nyuk nyuk). Thanks for the comments. :)