Birds of Prey Teaser: Poison Ivy

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Mar 20, 2020.

1. Wildcat Committed Player

Its possible for the team to give her a flirty personality? some people ask for this ;)
    • Like x 1
  2. Megzilla Developer

I definitely appreciate how much you've though this through. We tackled her design from a different perspective. Like you mention, she's been portrayed several different ways and this was our take. :)
    • Like x 1
  3. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

"It's comics."

Okay. Thanks for taking the time to respond, although just between you and me, I had actually figured out on my own that the portrayal was y'all's take.

And you surely can't please everyone.
  4. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

I've never seen a tree or plant wearing pantyhose, but I suppose who is to predict future fashion trends?

;)

I'm just concerned that will all her chlorophyll on her bottom half, not getting much light, Ivy will fall over from lack of energy at any moment, you understand. Basically, physiologically speaking, she's now like an upside-down flower, with the flowering at the bottom and the roots in her head.

I will hope she's practicing hand-stands and walking on her hands as much as possible.
  5. Walvine Well-Known Player

Nice to get style i currently had set change hair to xatanas ! magician I think it called Change hulu hands to non material or use snowflake head/shoulders/hands with wild chroma 2 material do same with festival crown and poison waist I set the leafs to red so it pops from the green with ivy emblem from current time capsule to either prideful or santas little helper chest piece are good alt to plant chest because they allow emblems , The butonical legs are great oh and I ended up putting armoured detective cape on her for some mystery reason huehue.
  6. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Ivy still has a mouth and stomach, she’s probably like venus fly traps are in real life, which both photosynthesise and eat meat. They do it for that exact reason too, not getting quite as much light as they’d like. And the roots are definitely in her feet, and maybe even her hands. That’s why she’s greener in those areas, and why she doesn’t wear shoes, ever.

This is now officially my head canon. :D
  7. Caroline Dedicated Player

Oh my, she's perfect! <3
  8. MrMigraine Devoted Player

Nice retro/throwback look for her, but still with a modern vibe.

I dig it.
  9. Caroline Dedicated Player

Please, please, please let us have her hairstyle! <3
  10. Tabby Belle Well-Known Player

How DARE a woman have any form of athleticism or muscle tone!? Skinny stick legs only!

It's because she's in the male stance that makes her look masculine. Chun Li from fighting games has strong legs, but no one would say she's masculine. The new Poison Ivy's legs look like she could be a sprinter, or plays Volleyball.
  11. Eve YouTuber

I took this image from test, she looks better on test it seems? She has the female powerful stance here.
    [IMG]
    • Like x 2
  12. Iconic Simulation YouTuber

Ok yeah looks so much better there....doesnt look as brute like. See what a simple stance/personality can do?
  13. an81angel Well-Known Player

I understand your point of view as a general thought, not all women look like models.

HOWEVER...

Poison Ivy is meant to be sexy in the traditional (SuperModel-Victoria'sSecret esque) sense. Black Canary & even Huntress, are sexy with more athletic bodies like Chun Li. The person you are complaining about that wants a sexy Ivy isn't saying that athletic sexy isn't sexy, but that ivy is supposed to be the slender, curvy type of sexy. Ivy is ALWAYS using her traditionally sexy looks, figure, and her pheromones to lure in men to do her bidding. That is the very nature of her personality and power. She controls men with her beauty and scent. To take away the sexy aspect of the characters diminishes 50% of the character itself. She is supposed to look like this...

[IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG]
    [IMG][IMG]
    [IMG][IMG]

[IMG][IMG][IMG]
    [IMG]
  14. an81angel Well-Known Player

I Love Ivy's Hair - really hope we can get it in game for our characters.

However, like others have said, her stance is not attractive and does not suit the character at all. Please give her a more flirty pose or stance.

while I don't like her new look, I don't dislike it either. I can see elements of it staying, but it's definitely not a look that should stay as is.

Hair - fantastic
    Face - passable (need to see other angles before I give full judgement)
    Feet - I like the vine anklets but not the color of her feet, but would rather she had dark green boots that the vines wrapped around)
    Hands - not feeling the shade of green on her hands (would have preferred darker green gloves)
    Arms - I like the idea of the color shift at the elbows just not the colors chosen
    Legs - I would have liked the same color shift at the knees to match the arms
    Torso - not feeling the one giant leaf look, would rather it was a bunch of smaller leaves that cascade over her body.
    Stance - hideously masculine - She is supposed to be delicate like a rose, not ugly like a weed.
    Color - I am not a fan of the yellow-green hues that have been used, as it makes her look sickly and putrid.

As a quick fix to the character...
    Personally, I think the leaves on her wrists-ankles-hair-torso need to be a darker shade of green. Her stance needs to change to something more flirty or more traditionally feminine.

I would have much preferred if she looked more like this.
    [IMG]
  15. Dazz-252 Committed Player

Looks much better. I am going to be needing her hair style, feet and hand leaves. :p:cool:
  16. TheBatmanFanBG Well-Known Player

Finally you showed some love to Poison Ivy! I hope we will see the same for Harley Quinn too!
  17. ROOTE Well-Known Player

Barefoot? Really? If it's such a honking big deal that female superheroes/villains wouldn't fight crime in high heels, how the heck is it any MORE realistic to have PI be BAREFOOT? Actually I know the answer but saying it would probably get me banned from the Forums. Just ridiculously hypocritical.
  18. Walvine Well-Known Player

All meta / super powered Floral conduits in fiction root from earth to their feet to conjure , transmute, enchant and summon the enviroment its like a universal scifi lore 101 not just DC , I come into game not really knowing Gotham comics just aware of uma being the only ivy on the big screen sofare , Maybe Maya Hawke could carry tradition in next ivy movie , my toon isn't entirely ivy based but I purchase wild modular feet aura specificaly having leaf any where else would just symbalize a ! wind power set , beyond plant feet almost non feet styles suit floral theme to the wild chroma either , Ivy is by fare most rememberable mundane characters If the trend of how fast ivy's power evolved from arkham knight game story arc then Ivy is maybe the strongest Meta in the entire Gotham universe that version of ivy could probably even eventually overwelm doomsdays adaptive abilities perminetly like yin yang effect.
  19. an81angel Well-Known Player

What she currently looks like
    [IMG][IMG]

vVv What I want her to look like vVv
    Gradient shift on legs and darker leaves
    More vines leaves on thighs.
    [IMG]
    • Like x 2
  20. C Level Active Player

Nice!! Ivy needed a makeover bad.