Best dps class

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Excalibur, May 6, 2017.

1. TITAN ephemeral Loyal Player

WM IS your bonus Dam....anyway...thats why you cant have both...it would be unfair to powers without option to both...but you know this...I think we are arguing an agreement maybe...not even saying WM and AM are equal halves...just saying WM with a perm pet sidekick CAN work...Ive made it work...Im not the only one either...
  2. Saami Loyal Player

I agree 100%. I have mastered fire dps, but good player with right power is something i cant win. No matter waht i do.
  3. SigmaAtom Committed Player

How do I get AM PB* with Earth and Sorcery? (you did note I was talking about powerback right?) I am always* willing to learn, but frankly your suggestion made no sense to me. I use two handed with bow WM ranged, while crystal/fury does the DD side of things, usually fully modded.. but I have been slowly wandering away from this game due the endless magic content. so alpha mods only these days.

my damage is *significant* .. out DD'ing 192cr with 200sp, with my earth 186cr 232sp.
    I also throw in WoP to help the group out.. its a nice touch since I know i'll need it coz I rely so heavily on getting power back from weapons.

Even if you're talking about range AM advantage.. I *think* I'll stick with WM. been happy with it for ages :)

*Advanced Mechanics Power Back
    * as long as I believe the person talking. liked a couple of your posts before Here2Help.
    • Like x 1
  4. TITAN ephemeral Loyal Player

power imbalance is a game/dev issue...not a player issue...so proud youre sticking with fire and doing great things with it
    • Like x 1
  5. TITAN ephemeral Loyal Player

completely agree...just said WM with a perm pet sidekick can be devastating....2H/bow...oh my...;)...Im betting someone tops the scores on a regular...just dont tell here2...letm figure it out himself
    • Like x 1
  6. Mazahs Loyal Player

Your power back mechanic is triggered by next two powers in Summoning tree / also WoD and CoD.
    I "think" what Here2Help is trying to say, is that using FS (can also use Scissor Kick from HB) is that the time required to do a WM isn't really worth it as you don't get the CRIT bonus on next power...they also hit about the same as Flipslash, but take longer thus equaling less DPS.

I'm all for play however you want, and in no way meaning you can't use WM (I know others that do) but the overall DPS is higher with FS.

[IMG]
    [IMG]

Summon a destructive Fury to damage and knock down your enemies.
    The pet will deal additional damage to enemies inflicted with Bad Karma.
    Hold the Summon Fury button for three seconds to banish it.

Weapon Mastery Crit Excluded
    Power Interactions: Grants Red Soul Aura by accessing the souls of defeated enemies.
    • Like x 2
  7. TITAN ephemeral Loyal Player

thus the whole few points here or there comment...you can put away the 20th Century Microsoft numbers...I know what youre saying..but I smash my magic scythe into robots and aliens and demons..its fun..remember when the game was supposed to be fun??... and about heroes beating bad guys??? anyways...great office work...hopefully the boss will kick it upstairs to the big boys wholl notice and youll get that corner DCUO office yet...????
  8. Mazahs Loyal Player

Not entirely sure why the snarky comment...
    I just pasted Shiny's weapon comparison that broke every weapon combo down. In fact my last statement I state "I'm all for play however you want, and in no way meaning you can't use WM (I know others that do) but the overall DPS is higher with FS"

For me at least, it's easier to just put raw data down so it doesn't get confused. Too many people on these forums make statements with no data to back it up causing more issues. Apologies, if this type of information relay offends you but that's your problem and not mine. Especially when I just attempted to clarify and it wasn't even directed at you.

In regards to the office...Well that really wouldn't matter as I already have the corner office. Have a great day!
  9. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

You can still get away with it. It won't pump out THE most damage. But a quick WM combo will keep your SC going longer than trying to flip slash and not die. It's just another option for playing sorcery from range. 2h into arrow storm or brawling into ninja stars does just fine. You going for more super not the WM crits.
    • Like x 1
  10. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Yes, but that's not the only way to play. Staff technicaly will do more damage than 1h flip slash if used correctly, but you are at more risk of dying because it's only melee. 1h is midrange, which makes it the safest.
    • Like x 1
  11. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

I wouldn't say all you need, but it's an option.
    • Like x 1
  12. TITAN ephemeral Loyal Player

Im not offended by a stupid video game and sure facts are facts...but nor am I impressed with your Im more successful than you whatever line...enjoy the office..get one of the factory girls to make the morning coffee right...whatev...
  13. TITAN ephemeral Loyal Player

true..I never said my way was best..it is fun though and it can work I have been #1 DPS too many times to be told otherwise...could a just as skilled player take a more advantageous load and do more...possibly...probably..thus the "this is a better load" thingy...did I mention I can put a scythe through robot mutant heads...?? all I Fing care about most play days...doing things like that...
    • Like x 1
  14. Here2Help Devoted Player

Yes, it CAN work. That doesn't mean it's the BEST option. This thread is about the "best dps class". It is only right to assume that he wants to know what can push out the most damage. With Earth and Sorc, using weapon attacks over WM pushes out more damage. That doesn't mean you can't use WM. You can and it still pushes out decent damage because at the end of the day most of it comes from your pet.

Earth and Sorcery do both have AM PB mechanics. Sadly, they are pretty awful. But they are there. In Earth's case, casting two powers after hitting Fortify and having a Crystal up will return some power. The problem with that is with most loadouts and rotations, you're using much more than two powers per Fortify cooldown. I usually use around 5 myself. With any Earth loadout that is using Crystal, the majority of damage will come from him. That's why you can still push out decent damage with only average weapons and rotations, as your Crystal is there. However, if you're really pushing to maximise your own personal damage, I recommend 1H Flip Slah or HB Scissor Kick or Solar Flame.

Yes, it can be strong. That doesn't mean it's the strongest option available. And yeah, I don't need to figure out anything myself. I've already had Earth figured out for years now and have no issues "topping the scores on a regular".

That was essentially what I was trying to say. Playing with WM nullifies certain bonuses and it is slower than basic weapon combos. You have higher potential damage when incorporating things like Flip Slash into your rotations due to the number it hits itself and how it allows you to get through more of your loadout at the same time.

Yes, of course it still works and you can get away with it. As I said earlier in this post though, the OP is clearly looking for the "best dps class" and giving him a class and then not even the "best" weapon attack for that class... well, that's just misguided information.
    • Like x 1
  15. warpaxio Well-Known Player

what do you mean?
  16. Here2Help Devoted Player

The actual Advanced Mechanic of Earth and Sorcery are Crystal and Fury. Despite the very misconception that they do not have AMs, they actually do. Due to there being AMs, that means certain bonuses are nullified when WM is used in conjunction with the AM (so just having the pet out). That includes the WM Crits for example, meaning WM is near pointless to use when there are faster and equally or more powerful basic weapon attacks that can be used without clashing with the AM.

My post was just when I woke up and I was in a rush, so sorry about it not being clearer. I believe I should have said 'Using WM with the AM nullifies the WM bonus'. See my above post for a bit more detail if needed.
    • Like x 1
  17. Mazahs Loyal Player

I figured that's what you meant, just clarifying.
    • Like x 1
  18. Here2Help Devoted Player

Yep, thanks for that ;)
  19. warpaxio Well-Known Player

so basicly you only lose the additional ability crit bonus from WM, not the pet (AM dmg) or the actual WM wepon dmg or the regular crit dmg. thanx for correcting yourslef.

i was aware of that when i asked the question, just wanted to make sure there is no confusion on your part.

and i agree on what you said about talking about pet powers beeing top without mentioning the 1h as a wepon of choice. without the flip slash they start falling behind some other powers.
  20. SigmaAtom Committed Player

I use two handed because it works with my particular cooldowns :)