Best dps class

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Excalibur, May 6, 2017.

1. Excalibur New Player

What would be the best dps class as of right now?
    Also, what is the easiest dps class?
  2. Winter Sabel Dedicated Player

1. Ice---------------Tank/DPS
    2. Sorcery--------Healer/DPS
    3. Earth------------Tank/DPS
    4. Mental----------Controller/DPS
    5. Gadgets--------Controller/DPS

For beginners
      1-3 are interchangeable
      4-5 are interchangeable

Experienced players 1-5 are interchangeable. It all boils down to who gets clicks to register first.
  3. Skwrl New Player

If you're looking for ease of play and dps chart numbers, Sorcery and Earth, you do nothing and get high numbers. They are easy mode incarnate. Ice and Mental are also very easy, but you have to be in mid/close range so they are a little harder survival wise.

Avoid Light, Celestial, and Atomic if you don't want to make an effort.

Everything else is in between. But that's personal opinion.

I play Ice and Light myself.
  4. Excalibur New Player

Is rage on par with the other dps classes u listed?
  5. TITAN ephemeral Loyal Player

honestly so many powers in the hands of good players are pretty equal you might want to consider instead which is the fastest most consistent and easy to control move...because if my sorc fury reaches a target faster and more often then your earth pet in a duo...my score beats yours in that duo...even if on paper the earth pet might be the more powerful of the 2. Btw...if no one mentioned munitions is a good dps power in their post then I would wonder what they were saying...but honestly thats true of all powers...light often gets discounted...no idea why with the right forward move and load you literally become a living ray that burns through everything that moves...for all the discrepancy I see a lot of potential with almost any power now
  6. Please Stop Me Well-Known Player

Munitions. Literally you just spam 3-4 powers after activating a buff. If done right you will never run out of power, and you can just destroy stuff all day. It does not get any easier, well it probably does but I haven't found anything as good yet.
  7. Mazahs Loyal Player

Except for Electricity /Nature you pretty much summed up every AM
    • Like x 1
  8. VictoryMC98 Dedicated Player

Electric hands down best power in game.
  9. IamINC Dedicated Player

Why do you need to know what's the best and easiest . why don't you just pick a power you like and learn how to play DPS with it.

Everything wrong with the current casual player base summed up in your question.
    • Like x 2
  10. RLManuel Committed Player

Rage is on par with them but you need high skill points and high mods.

Ice is by far the easiest power to dps with... loadout is cold snap, ice bash, wintery temptress, and arctic gust...
  11. VictoryMC98 Dedicated Player

Nature Rules... Everything else drools.. ODole Out.
    • Like x 2
  12. Rayner01 New Player

Isn't munitions OP in the game? I haven't heard it but I here people cheer for it all the time lol. I mainly use gadgets and light. I just made an ice toon and its so easy to use.
    • Like x 1
  13. moltressagemode New Player

you guy's underestimate fire & need 2 stop
    • Like x 1
  14. Mazahs Loyal Player

I've seen some really good fire players, like Celestial Rage & Light it can be very good in the right hands. But let's be real, THE BEST fire users aren't going to out same numbers out as Mental Gadgets and Ice.

You may beat some randoms but when you run into a real monster dps using these powers it ain't even close
    • Like x 3
  15. SigmaAtom Committed Player

to OP: Hi!

There is no DPS 'class' as all classes (Tank Healer Controller) have access to DPS, the secondary role is how we define the DPS as part of that 'class' :)

What your asking is what's the best DD (Damage Dealer) right now.. and as IamINC said you should prolly try them out and see what you like.. however..if you like AM PB* and PFtT*.. Mental is a good DD, if you WM* Earth and Sorcery/Pet Powers.. Mazahs mentioned Ice, yes that's a good DPS. Mental and Gadgets DPS are 'twins' but with a much much quicker AM PB and so can be more engaging, but also tricker to manage.

*Advanced Mechanics PowerBack.
    * Play From the Tray
    *Weapon Mastery
  16. Here2Help Devoted Player

Earth and Sorcery still make use of their AM but with Weapons mixed in. WM shouldn't be used with those powers.
    • Like x 1
  17. TITAN ephemeral Loyal Player

Sorc 2H/Bow...alll you need
    • Like x 1
  18. Here2Help Devoted Player

1H Flip Slash has higher potential damage out.
  19. TITAN ephemeral Loyal Player

"potential"...kinda says it all...doesnt even matter...few points here or there...most people like AMs...123 powers
  20. Here2Help Devoted Player

Crystal and Fury are your AMs. Using WM nullifies the AM bonus. With most of the loadouts that people are using for Earth and Sorcery, using non-WM weapon attacks are the best option.