Battle Tanking

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Nebraxis, Aug 28, 2016.

1. Beefiest Cakes Committed Player

Or must be some OP players that we have never seen play this game.
    • Like x 1
  2. Delta796th Loyal Player

Tell ya what...and you know I'm down.

Grab your atomic tank. I'll supply the rest
    Your choice of what toon I use Delta795 (HL) TheShaz (Sorcery) Delta (Ice)
    I'm also bringing Daemonblu (Mental) xXTechniqueXx (Atomic) Sekai (Ice)
    (2) Healers Sorcery / Electricity (1) Troll Mental / HL

Lets go run KCT and BBS Everyone on this has 200 SP or close and 174+. I'm telling you right now the how the SB WILL look at the end

Daemon (damn cheating Mental Players!!!!)
    Delta / 795 / Shaz <------You pick
    Sekai
    Technique
    .Your tank / HL troller (I'm 50 /50 who'd win)
    .Healers (I don't have any celestial in league that are end game ready)

I say this, because I have played with Atomic tanking and it's very good. So much so I think it would really give me a run if I was on 795 vs a good Atomic tank. I also know the ONLY time I'm beating a competent DPS is when they are dead and not rezzed at the beginning of a fight. TBH I only added Technique because he is Atomic to show what I think of "Battle XYZ roles" He could do the same to you on CarolinaBlue (Quantum) or much much worse on Tygrus (Ice)

I've said it myself with light trolling...against PuG DPS I'll beat a few of them in pure troll role. Hell, I've scared some in end game content. BUT that's PuG world. Versus leaguers and friends that I know are competent to OMG good....Now that's a different story ALL TOGETHER.
    • Like x 1
  3. Proxystar #Perception

I'm thinking people that play with others that press 1 3 3 3 4 6 7 (soder lolz) then come out of it with delusions of grandeur ;)
    • Like x 1
  4. Delta796th Loyal Player

Those guys are MASSively TERRORfying!
    • Like x 1
  5. Proxystar #Perception

If mass terror doesn't crit the first time just keep pressing it
  6. Delta796th Loyal Player

Looks something like this?

[IMG]
  7. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Yeah a good atomic battle tank may do HALF the damage at most as a good DPS, and that's being nice lol. It's funny cause atomic dps isn't even that good with the combo AM.
    • Like x 1
  8. Gam3r4Lif3 Dedicated Player

If your good at the support role itself you can try out the battle role.
    • Like x 1
  9. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

I'm sorry, not trying to be a butt. Your wrong. I believe 2 or 4 pieces of your tank gear should be dps gear for atomic. I don't remember which ones. All the damage is beneficial to the tank for survivability and to the group.
  10. Wallachia Devoted Player

I am, yeah. Btw, I meant to say 6 DPS gear with 4 tank gear.

I might be losing DPS stat, but I'm gaining A LOT of defense and HP. That allowed me to solo Killer Croc in Wayne Manor Duo with only 162 CR.

(That and the quadruple combo).
  11. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Well, since you made me look for it. Here is what the actual guide says. The dom healing you speak of is only for your self heals. Here, I'll just copy and post it from the guide for you.

Quark Gluon Aura - Performing any attack (including Power Combo attacks) heals an additional 2% of your max Health. Using Proton Recovery while this aura is active does not affect the burst but doubles the heal over time ticks. The heal from damage done is effectively 340 health/second at CR 105.

So yes, the more damage you do the more heals you will receieve. If you are a pure dom built atomic tank, you are limiting your heals.
    • Like x 3
  12. Immortal Kyrro Loyal Player

So basically, dom/health and try and do as much damage as possible for maximum survivability

13. Controller Devoted Player

I wish you well on Battle Tanking. The few I've seen do it in end game stuff have done it well.

I've yet to take my Combat Troller out on anything end-game so if you do this go full bore and listen to the advice in this thread - even the dissenting views.

End game content can be rather demanding on certain powers and roles so be ready.
  14. Immortal Kyrro Loyal Player

There really are only 3 powers that can battle role well without sacrificing their main role. But it boils down to spend. 33 sp in dps crits goes a long way
  15. Nebraxis Active Player

All of this has given much food for thought. And guys, can you do me a favour? If we ever end up running content together and you have some advice for me, don't hesitate to give it (politely, of course). I'm one of the few actively trying to get better at this game, so it's highly, highly unlikely you'll get a " don't tell me how to play" kind of response.

Characters name is Quasàr, by the way.
  16. Proxystar #Perception

Thanks added to ignore... haha just kidding, I like your attitude kid :D
  17. Nebraxis Active Player

P
    Lol, thanks. 38 year old father of five here... it's nice to be called a kid!!!!
    • Like x 1
  18. Nemesir Well-Known Player

All Tanks regardless of power are only just in the mercy of his Healer. Even a fully skilled and experienced 175CR/280SP Tank will just only be a paper tank with a poor to average healer.
  19. Morally Upright Well-Known Player

Spotted: someone modding with "Penetrating Strikes", "Mighty Smashing" and "Tumbling Master". In the bedroom. If you know what I mean.
    • Like x 5
  20. Nebraxis Active Player

I know very well what you mean... But who says those mods need be limited to the bedroom? ;)
    • Like x 2