Battle healer: Celestial

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Pale Rage, Dec 4, 2021.

1. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

So I'm curious, for curiosities sake, on what "might based" powers any other celestial battle healers are running with. I would like to put out a little more damage if possible, but not at the cost of reducing my healing potential in such loadout.

Currently running:
    All damage and healing crits maxed.
    100sp might/power
    180sp restoration
    Rest dumped into health (as I usually end up tanking in this role in alerts, I think 110sp)

2 restoration augments, 2 might. 1 might 1 resto dlc augment.
    Page destiny 200, transformation 200, purple 185.
    75% dps gear, 25% healer gear (roughly) Omni back and hands.

Admonish (group), divine light (for emergency big heal), shield, malediction (full combo so damage output heals), consume soul, and wither (as my primary dmg dealer).

Suggestions to improve? Not much room to improve dmg?
    • Like x 3
  2. Melusine Midnight Rainbow Phoenix

Mine's totally different, but I never got past the might damage penalty hump, so I went with precision. I run Transformation, Strategist, Orb of Arion, Hybrid spec, Full DPS gear, All dmg/heal crits, full resto, the rest into precision. Brawling > shuriken storm mastery clipped with whatever heal i need. The Orb allows me to put out any needed massive heal, despite being in DPS gear.

Admonish, Renew, Blessing, Death Mark, Weapon Buff, Divine Light -- I mostly alternate shields for the xtra explosion damage, while doing the combo and healing when needed.
    • Like x 2
  3. Stanktonia Dedicated Player

The death mark shield dosehr have the damage penalty, so it hits really hardd!!!
    • Like x 2
  4. Melusine Midnight Rainbow Phoenix

Sorry forgot to say that I do have OP face, back, hands, the rest is DPS gear.
    • Like x 1
  5. Wallachia Devoted Player

Fill your tray with healing powers, go full precision, equip Hand Blasters, spend some SP to unlock the beam, then go wild. You won't deal A LOOOT of damage, but will deal sufficiently to go by. And power will never be a problem.
  6. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

I don't really have problems with power, and my dmg/s runs (depending on how much healing is required beyond malediction combo into wither combo) anywhere between 22k/s to 32k/s on ST. On adds the dmg reaches higher. I'm trying to keep a might build with it (already have precision battle healing on electric, so it's almost like variety lol).

Does anyone know how much dmg curse (combo to renew) does from healing doing damage to the target? Is that a feasible power for heal and damage, or useless?
  7. Catastrophic Repercussion Dedicated Player

What I run:
    Superpowered. Damage + Heal critical, Might & Power maxed.
    the rest dumped equally on resto and health, used to have some in dom bc op gear

Full healer gear + OP
    All Might origin augments + Resto adaptive... or might depending on the content
    grim + purple + page for raids and bounty soloing, for easier content, I swap out the latter two for the 2 cards

renew + admonish (full combo) + consume soul + defile + curse + blessing
    swaps out admonish for plague (full combo) while using the cards
    special case: soloing orbital paradox prince I take out defile, move up the curse and add hard light shield

Have not really refined it further because I like the feel of it, so don't ask me if this is optimal, I'm not a stats cat.
    Only use renew and blessing when healing is really needed, otherwise page and hot is more than enough.

Note: corrupted renew IIRC does ok (but fixed) damage but it only works when you are the one being healed, and in that scenario, you more likely need to focus on healing the larger group and not waste time pulling off a combo. I'd sneak in that if the situation allows for it but not part of the standard rotation.
    • Like x 1
  8. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Right now it’s pretty much easier to battle heal than in the past because your primary healing can be completed with your group heal and your priority heal. For artifacts you can get away with trans strat and page or purple. Page heal is to add the safety net so you can get a little more reckless but purple for better power management. Trans and strat work off each other and can help with both dps and healing a little.

For the loadout you have:
    Admonish into blight. This is your group heal and a HoT.
    Your priority heal
    And id also add cursed idol since it deals damage and heals.
    Robot sidekick for the passive damage. But this will lower your power regen
    I’d also add wrath of the presence. When comboed into consume soul you get the passive HoT to allies in line of sight. You can bounce back and forth between this and AoB as your primary damage.

So loadout for clarity will be:
    Admonish (into blight)
    Wrath of the presence (into consume soul)
    Death mark (into blessing or blessing)
    Priority heal
    Robot sidekick
    Cursed idol

And for the final slot you can add death mark into blessing for the exploding shield or just regular blessing for a faster shield.
    For augments run all might split between might and resto. And for sp max might/power and then the rest into resto.

Do the utility belt I have:
    Spring pet for extra healing
    Sidekick for shield and mini taunts
    Supply drop
    Orbital

For allies I have:
    Diana to tank when things get harder (or regular combat ally)
    Any ally (or Nubia for random healing)
    Cyborg for increased power regen (this build can use a lot of power)

Use omegas if you feel you need it. And seasonal buff for damage or healing. I normally only ever use them if there is no tank since I know it means I’ll have aggro.

For gear I have 3 op gears for the 3 most recent dlcs. If you have the helm check if it gives you any more might than the healing head piece you have. After that I equip my dps neck since it has my dps neck mod. Everything else is healer. But replace accessory gear as needed if you aren’t having issues healing.
    • Like x 1
  9. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Alternatively, you can use trans, quislet, and source shard for artifacts and you can replace your death mark/blessing slot for godwave if you have it leveled. Pets scale of cr so even if you don’t have the dps stats you will still do damage because of the pets and source.
    • Like x 2
  10. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

Thanks for the info, I've got some ideas for toying around to tweek it up a bit.
    The only artifacts I have for my celestial is Page, Purple, Trans, Strat, Tetra, so I'm slightly limited to things that will work well with those.

The wrath into consume, I wasn't sure how well the HoT worked with that, but certainly worth a shot, as well as death mark.
  11. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

You're a healer trying to DPS I'm just going to add you to my ignore list......................

Jk... lol just waiting for those people to come in.
    • Like x 1
  12. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

Ya, there's plenty of em too. Just ran into one in an alert that was mad that I did more dmg than him. I'm like, "but did you die? No."

Also (to the others as well) tested out a little change:
    Admonish (obviously needed)
    Divine (still, just in case)
    Death Mark (I'm curious if everyone's shield does dmg on explosion?)
    Blessing (2 shields, why not)
    Curse (as long as I'm tanking, it seems viable)
    Consume (I tried wrath, but if you get interrupted, you don't get the heal, which sucked, not only that, without combo (if interrupted) you still get the heal +3 ticks of nice dmg).

With this (considering I was taking the majority of dmg) I forked out more dmg than usual (plus more healing from curse combo).
    • Like x 3
  13. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

Lol players are always worrying about others instead of themselves and it's usually the DPS who are the ones doing the complaining.
    • Like x 2
  14. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

Ya, if they don't top the scoreboard, it's either someone else's power needs nerfed, or theirs is broken. Someone thought I was hacker because my rage dps beat them (by a lot), and they thought rage was supposed to be weak.
    Some people really shine (/sarcasm) lol.
    • Like x 2
  15. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

I like this thread. I was always curious about celestial battle-healing but as precision and not might. This thread gave me insight on the might aspect. Thank you and to those who contributed as well.
    • Like x 1
  16. Stanktonia Dedicated Player

Y’all sleep on plague into divine light as a heal, you it’s more of a preemptive heal than a reactionary one, so you’ll just throw it out whenever you can, it also does ok dmg, so it’s good for battle healing as well
    • Like x 1
  17. Stanktonia Dedicated Player

Death mark into shield does Amazing because it isn’t diluted by the dmg penalty, and also, you have four shields out at a time, so that’s even more dmg. If you’re specced Right, you’re easily competing with dps in an alert
    • Like x 1
  18. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

I was pretty sure that the shield only applied to yourself and one other person? I could very well be mistaken here
  19. Catastrophic Repercussion Dedicated Player

Hey I did say I use that with cards! I demand recognition! OwO
    • Like x 1
  20. Daemakon New Player

Sorry for the slight thread necro (what are Necromancers but really late healers anyway).

Returning player after a long break. I was just starting to gear up my Celestial Battle Healer way back when, and the general consensus was that prec was the way to go. I felt pretty good about plinking away with my bow under the effect of Cor Benediction to top the group off in between big heals. I was wondering if might was the way to go now, as I read the ability and it doesn't call out weapon damage (did it used to?) but just damage in general.

Any advice would be great. It seems like every guide for all the old characters from different classes I have all suggest Might over weapon attacks when back in the day it seemed like people wanted a mix (I remember something about advanced weapon combos and animation cancelling into an ability for massive damage).