Battle healer: Celestial

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Pale Rage, Dec 4, 2021.

1. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

Personal preference takes the lead here
    If you prefer weapons, use weapons and hybrid spec.
    If you prefer powers, go superpowered spec.

Both are feasible for battle healing with celestial although benediction/malediction doesn't do as great as it used to.
    For powers that damage, save healing spots:
    Death Mark (great damage)
    Wither combo
    Wrath combo
    Consume soul combo
    Those are, in opinion, among the best damagers for healing role. Death Mark alone, at very close range, hits hard.

You could probably get by with just death Mark and consume combo for damage and heals during adds fights.
    • Like x 1
  2. Drathmor Unwavering Player

that works for all the healing powers but Celestial its better as a might battle healer as it has two moves that are designed to heal off of damage dealt and are might based
    with benediction or malediction combo-ed you get a percentage of your damage back as heals

so you can combo one or both then go ham with damage and the heals are just rolling in at the same time
    • Like x 1
  3. Wallachia Devoted Player

I know, it was one of my first loadouts. However, back then, in the time of Advanced Mechanics, controllers were rare, so I came up with this idea to be sure that my healer is never short on power.
  4. L T Devoted Player

Aren't you constantly out of power with that build though?
  5. Melusine Midnight Rainbow Phoenix

If it was used for anything remotely serious I'm sure I would be, but it's for clamped 2 or 4 player things where you don't even really need to be there most of the time, you know? So with shields up most of the time, power is very stable. If I'm healing anything 'real' I just spam greens unless it's really challenging.
    • Like x 1
  6. Wallachia Devoted Player

Y-you go around throwing mary janes??
    • Like x 2
  7. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

It's a crowd control effects lmao.
  8. Melusine Midnight Rainbow Phoenix

My charges are Suuuuuuuuuper, is all I'm gonna say about that.
  9. DCUO101 New Player

Pale Rage sorry to necro your thread, was just wondering if you were still running this power loadout for your BH.
    Thank you for all your post regarding battle roles.
    • Like x 1
  10. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

Actually I've changed it a bit.
    Artifacts: transformation, grim, purple.
    Augments: full might
    Upper augments: 1 might, 1 resto
    Stat points: superpowered spec
    Full damage/healing criticals
    100 resto, 325 might, leftovers into resto or health.

All DPS gear except legs and head. Restorative wrath in legs.
    Op neck and back

Loadout: admonish, priority heal, shield, divine light, wrath, death mark.

Rotation varies on who needs extra heals.
    For adds, jump right in the mix and combo death mark, clip into wrath combo X2. Repeat. (Use divine for quick big heals if needed)

For bosses (alerts or duo) death mark combo, clipped to wrath combo, clipped to divine combo. Then death mark combo clipped to wrath combo until divine cooled down. (Divine places a nice DoT on bosses).
    Use admonish when needed (especially if purple charge), or priority heal when needed (purple gives shield too). Regular shield to avoid things like Super woman lasso dot.
    • Like x 2
  11. Wallachia Devoted Player

Why not a DPS celestial with healing powers?
  12. Catastrophic Repercussion Dedicated Player

Huh, I've changed mine quite a bit as well.
    You still using DPS gear over healer ones is a surprise ngl.

My standard set-up:
    Superpowered. Damage + Heal crits + Might & Power maxed, dump the rest in resto.
    Full elite healer gear + OP items for healing affinity mod bonuses.
    All Might origin augments + Resto adaptive... or might adaptive depending on the context.
    grim + trans + page for raids and tougher bounty soloing, swap page for strat for easier content.

Omni alternative:
    Healer stance in pure Might DPS set up, that means no resto spec except OP gear can boost a little stats.

Renew + Admonish + Plague + Defile + Death mark + Blessing
    For Raids, Bounties and Elite Alerts, full Admonish combo to activate Page > Plague (combo depending on the situation) > Defile > full Death Mark combo > repeat. Clip whenever possible.
    For easier content, full Plague combo > Defile > full Death Mark combo > repeat. Clip whenever possible.
    Use Blessing if anticipating strong damage coming into the group, if not necessary to the fight can swap for a supercharge to your own liking.
    • Like x 1
  13. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

Role changes the interactions of celestial powers.
  14. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

Using the dps gear over healing gear is only for alerts and duo's, and that's just to keep the damage up higher. If I'm running an elite alert, the setup is different.

For elite content (not the duo) I'll run full healer gear, superpowered, full critical healing, rest into might. Resto augments. Trans, page, purple.
    Admonish, priority, shield, divine, plaque, consume. I'll mostly use admonish combo and consume, plaque when I think I can pull off the combo, and divine or shield for big hits. Priority when needed. Does well.

For regular raids, I'll go full healer gear, superpowered, all critical attack/heal, full might rest into resto. Trans, grim, Quislet or purple (depends on the squishiness of group members). Plaque, divine, admonish, consume, wrath, shield or RSK.

Wrath, as healer, can usually pull enough heals and damage to be note worthy, and it's a mid range power.
  15. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

The thing with celestial is, it's heals and combos are so strong, there are so many ways to gear it, to maintain heals and damage. It's just fun to change things here and there because there's so many options.
  16. LeagueOfV Dedicated Player

Do you have Clarion at 200? I'm wondering how the damage compares. I haven't tried being aggressive with DPS gear and mixing in prec mods, but I might try that next. I just use full healer gear, dps hands with max damage mod, maxed damage crits and 100 in prec. Page, Purple, Clarion. I haven't really tested it seriously in an alert, but I've used it in elite alerts OWWE and RT3E to help with damage on last 2 bosses. Still resto heavy I guess.
    • Like x 1
  17. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

Firstly, unless you have over 770SP, I would highly recommend not trying to actually go full battle healer (DPS gear, mods, etc) in end game elite alert. You need very high resto in there.

That being said, I have two characters with the Clarion at 200, and it is AWESOME. I will be leveling it on my other 2 characters.

Currently, my only healer with it, is my electric. I'll be getting it on water and Celestial soon. It is better to spec precision>resto for battle healing, because you get better damage from your precision attacks vs the passive damage of the Clarion, overall.

For my electric battle healer, I use trans, demon fang, Clarion, and I embarrass the average DPS, even some good ones, but not the great ones.
    For water, I'll use trans, Clarion, page (revivify will help). I'm going full shield build with that battle healer.

For celestial, I'll suggest (this is going to be my load)
    Trans, Clarion, page.
    Weapon buff, divine, admonish, priority (maybe plaque for the bonus damage on adds, but not on boss) shield, and either neo venom or consume.

By clipping weapon buff with divine, you'll have a standing point heal over time, plus the heals from Clarion. Rest of the powers just use when needed. Full dps gear (except chest, power efficiency), 300 to precision, minimum 100 to resto, all criticals.
    • Like x 2
  18. Drathmor Unwavering Player

i keep meaning to play some with the might healing some more but when I was building my battle role I went prec because it will be transferable to any healing power I might wish to go to

all this is content dependent as elite has different rules but reg content you have much more leeway to play in
    artifacts
    clarion
    purple healing ray
    venom wrist dispenser or Mercy I prefer Mercy as it has the prec also but don't have it lvled as much as I would like

stats
    all crits and crit mag maxed for both heal and damage
    100 into prec
    100 into might/power (more for power than might )
    100 into resto
    70 i think in health and
    20 in dom
    rest in movement mode and weapon trees and in iconic robot sidekick

with that spec build i can pretty much play it however i want just by changing loadouts around

loadouts
    admonish, consume, divine, RSK, blessing, weapon buff
    main damage comes from DW flurry shot if I'm close enough to hit with consume that's also a big hitter

Gear all DPS
    prec augments top and bottom ones
    resto sits at almost 80k

you can be top DPS with this build in most runs and never having a problem healing anything not elite
    which is very sad to see but it happens a lot

I will also play with in say elite duo for survivability
    plague,divine, consume soul, blessing , benidiction, malidiction and can keep myself and partner alive through most of it just with those extra heals
    spec full might dps spec with also getting all the healing crit and mag with 80something into resto

tonight im gonna play with all crit and mag for healing and damage
    half in might half in resto

and going to play some more with what your asking might damage healing build as celestial is designed.
    the better powers to rely on for it would be smite and haunt for the majority of your damage heals
    for lower power cost and you can keep the heals coming with out power issues

so loadout something like
    smite, haunt, consume, blessing, malediction, benediction
    • Like x 1