Atomic Tanking and Augments

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Balton hero, Jul 19, 2018.

1. AnonymousEUPS Dedicated Player

Seems like everyone is forgetting that the mentioned open world GROUP bounties were buffed very recently. Soloing them is no longer a thing (for most).

Actually, not so much buffed, but an issue with defence not scaling properly (or something along those lines) was fixed, left over from pre revamp days.

You’re OP welcome. Overeaction not necessary.

Sounds about right. Rage is the strongest tank right now after all.
    • Like x 1
  2. Balton hero Committed Player

No one forgot that, it's been mentioned in the thread, and if you watch the videos, it's not a matter of being able to solo them, it's a matter of survivability that I previously had that I don't since the Augments update.
  3. ThePhilosophy Loyal Player

The bounties were buffed beforehand.
  4. AnonymousEUPS Dedicated Player

Well, all I see are claims, without before and after videos.

What I’m also seeing in the videos is no different to what has been going on since the ‘fix’ a few weeks ago.

EDIT; Just took my Fire, Rage and Atomic tanks out to Deluge and Doomed Metro and seeing nothing but a mirror image of my previous experiences since the fix. Perspective I guess...
  5. Balton hero Committed Player

Sigh. How do you expect me to get before video? Do you have a time machine? Cuz I sure don't.

Maybe being three-shotted by Steel is normal for you. It's not for me.
  6. AnonymousEUPS Dedicated Player

It is though. It’s normal for everyone. Has been for a while.

And how do you expect me to take your word for it? Are you living in an alternate reality? Cuz I sure ain’t.

He’s been two or three shotting me right through rage mode since the fix. Hell, his skull dive bomb attack can one shot. Yes, doing this to the STRONGEST tank power, through 110% defence and rage mode. What makes you and your weaker tank power so special as to be immune to this?

Every other tank who could solo him before the fix and not since has noticed. The thread about the fix confirms it. Funny how you’re the only one who hasn’t noticed. It’s almost like you haven’t tried to solo him since the fix. An educated guess since you said this isn’t about soloing him.

With a group it’s fine, he spits his attention between multiple people through scripted attacks on ranged players, and you more than likely have a healer, but I was soloing these bounties every single week on all my tanks until the fix put an abrupt stop to that. Literally nothing has chnaged since the update. Like I said, mirror image of my previous experience.

Again, perspective I guess.
  7. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

So i just did applied science in central city..... i used to be able to solo this with way less gear a few months back.... they three shot me now in tank stance atomic....

Maybe its because they buffed bounties and technically this is a bounty..but.... three shots is a bit ridiculous especially when im out leveling it.... sadly i didnt test this the night before the update...

I did however fight doomsday the night before the update and could survive quite a bit of punishment without even putting on the potion needed to be in his massive aura.... this is including him hitting me ... ill test that tonight and see if he crushes me... while wearing better gear than that night... if so i dont care what people say they changed something cause i literally changed nothing but better gear and augments now opposed to mods... we will see btw most my tank gear prior to augments wasnt even modded
  8. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

I did feel a bit squishy in some content I've run. It's hard to say what it is. I know I have WAY more dom than I had before. Strange that my dom went up, but I feel more squishy. Dis run Hive reg just to see what it was about. Lol. Didn't know the mechanics, nor did anyone else. Wasn't to bad. Raids still force use to stop combos to block. I think I'll try switching my neck mod for the blocking one. One would think when adding a neck mod for combo, or active, tanking. They would give certIn powers the ability to block or block break.
  9. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

They did not buff the bounties, they readjusted our defense in all stat capped content.
  10. High Troller Loyal Player

i'm not afraid to run my own shield... i tried at cr 230 with owlsuit elite + op shoulders. got to last boss of hive elite at least. still a sad cr 230. i was taking tons of heat with dom health spec. i have no doubt you were healing your butt off.
  11. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

I wonder if toying with the defense has messed with the neck mods? I can't really see it being any of the powers. My dom is way higher than it was before everything switched.

I've yet to see any other atomic tanks say otherwise.
  12. BumblingB I got better.

Open World Clamped areas defense buff got nerfed not long ago. Made every bounty like 3x harder.
  13. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

I feel it in raids and alerts also. I made another thread to see if anyone is seeing an issue with the neck mod.
  14. BumblingB I got better.

I suppose it's possible the neck mods got messed up in the augment change.
  15. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Which Neck mod? My Fire tank does feel more fragile but I chalked that up to not having best gear.