Atomic Tanking and Augments

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Balton hero, Jul 19, 2018.

1. Balton hero Committed Player

I can't figure out why exactly because I didn't have the foresight to note my numbers before Augments came out, but Atomic Tanking has suffered a big nerf under the Augments system. Whereas before, I could go up against Starro, Steel, Superboy, etc, and last a good while, now I'm dead in a matter of minutes if not seconds. I don't know if maybe I need to change the way I'm speccing my sp now, or what, and I tried going both full health, full dom, and 2/3 instead of half and half, but received the same results as in the videos below. Lil help, preferably from a dev?

• Like x 1
  2. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Yeah in Hive elite earlier we had an atomic tank that was taking some serious punishment. It was a struggle to heal him. I'm not sure if atomic did take a hit but it would be a good idea to look into it.
    • Like x 3
  3. Balton hero Committed Player

4. Balton hero Committed Player

And by that, I mean what I was going to say about your DCUO cheer leader's response when I went to Discord. :D

The issue with Atomic tanking is most definitely not redacted.
    • Like x 1
  5. Trexlight Devoted Player

Its not really cheerleading when yes it is a new system, yes a lot of folks seem to be getting confused by it and we are making sure you are properly doing everything. Its called checking on your work. If you get offended by it thats on you, not us wanting to just help. If its such an issue, be sure to provide some details so the Devs know exactly whats going on. Just saying "Atomic Tank is squishy" isnt feedback, just means you need a shower. You feel weak somewhere then like i recommended, rework your spec. Augments may have found a weakness in your spec on your end or the Devs.

Data, provide it.
    • Like x 1
  6. Balton hero Committed Player

Kinda hard to give data when the only thing I have to compare it to is gone. The video speaks for itself. The way Atomic works is established. You need a combination of dominance for the self heals, which are based off of 40 % dominance, per the powers' description, you need health so you don't die before you can heal yourself. Half and half doesn't work anymore, 2/3 to 1/3 doesn't, full health or full dom doesn't. It's clear from the videos that there's something wrong. No at-level tank, with at-level+ sp should be taken out in three hits. Not really that complicated.

And yes, you dismissing my concerns as a speccing problem or misunderstanding the problem, and then dismissing a potential solution to the problem with just a "Nah".....well, I'd expect nothing less from you. Here's your pom poms.
    • Like x 3
  7. TybeeTahiri Devoted Player

Something’s definitely off.

Edit: Usually I’m a fan of you Trex, but that was really rude. He has a legitimate concern and posted videos of his findings.

:O
    • Like x 5
  8. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Do you have any alternate tanks? Those damage spikes are very odd...

The reason I ask is curiosity to whether the problem is a glitch (the stats difference from augments to mods isn't enough to produce those severe dips in damage) with the atomic powerset, or whether the devs ninja buffed bosses universally again.

Seeing what the damage looks like from the perspective of a rage tank or earth tank would probably help (fire has always been squishy so hard to tell there).

Also, when was the last time you played the game?

I ask this because there was a world boss damage pass about 1 month ago where all their damage out was raised considerably. Thanks for including those videos, that's great for the devs to see what's going on.
    • Like x 2
  9. Shark Dental Devoted Player

In the testing feedback thread, Avair said there was an issue with the big robot in the new open world bypassing blocking (which I imagine is related to a defense glitch) and he was literally tearing through my tank, when blocking and with a shield and every heal imaginable, in 3 seconds. So maybe it's a similar glitch affecting all world bosses.

Edit: I guess it was Charon, not Avair, lol. Whoops. Here's the quote:

We'll address the Giant Robot laser attack by making it so he can be lunged. I did find one damage component there that had a bad block predicate, so that's part of the issue.
    • Like x 1
  10. Balton hero Committed Player

I'm afraid not re other tanks. Just have one toon of each role. There is evidence that it might be the bosses. Did the TT bounty and Giant Robot with no problems, but there is what Fatal said above. Haven't ran alert or raid on tank yet, feared going in there and failing the group.

I play some generally each day. I have tanked since they started periodically buffing the bosses.
    • Like x 1
  11. Balton hero Committed Player

Sidenote: I do think they fixed this. Lunging the laser now works.
    • Like x 1
  12. Perdition Committed Player

Could it maybe have to do something with the clamping in those area's? And that something happened with it during the update? i'll check it later on my tank aswell. Because steel wasn't hiting me that hard. but i havent played Doomsday open world sinds the update.
    • Like x 1
  13. Original Cryo boy Committed Player

Thats bc hes an atomic tank. They're all squishy.
  14. Savynaa Well-Known Player

It because every add have immunity CC when engineer go to activate turret so for 5-6 sec they are all immun.

Tank with less control = more damage. It's for that tank struggle in this room.

And they are a lot of add with great damage specially the Wasp.
  15. Nichalus Active Player

Have to agree with the OP on this one. Just came out of the 8 player (event) with the TT and my 232 Atomic tank, which can usually take a ton of damage and generate self heals was absolutely squishy and was getting one-shotted by the bosses and even mobs of maybe 5 or 6 six minions. There is definitely something wrong with the Atomic Tank at the moment.
  16. Nichalus Active Player

Well, I just played my Rage Tank in the same TT 8 Player mission, and the difference is remarkable. He has a couple of armor pieces that are a level or two higher, same SP spread out, but he withstood the mobs and bosses MUCH better, and he has the same augments as my Rage Tank.. I think there is definitely something borked with the Atomic Tank.
  17. Balton hero Committed Player

Someone buy me a respec token plz?
  18. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

I wonder when this issue will be fixed and the response will be... since its never the game and always the player
    • Like x 1
  19. Balton hero Committed Player

How do I get this moved to the bug section or wherever it should be?
  20. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

I ran the Hive alert on normal today. Only part that gave me trouble was the 2nd boss that debuffed me. I luckily figured out that I needed to run and hit a switch. Other than that, it wasn't that bad.

What I am noticing with atomic tanking? The neck mod, fortified assault. It doesn't seem to be doing what it should. I know there are mechanics that have to be done, I get that, but when atomic is not comboing. It feels like I'm super squishy. Block breaking or blocking to counter a boss totally makes the neck mod useless. I'm switching mine to the blocking neck mod to test tonight. I don't feel atomic tanking is the issue, but I do feel the neck mod is not working correctly. There has to be a window, even small, for this neck mod to do counters. If not, why even have this type of tanking in the game? This, imo, is 2hy you probably won't see atomic tanks in elite using this neck mod.