Atomic Rules!

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by chaoticRE, Nov 9, 2015.

1. The Anxient Loyal Player

How do you practice not being countered by 8 or more adds and a boss?
  2. Sleepy Healer Steadfast Player

Pvp
  3. Sleepy Healer Steadfast Player

The issue with atomic tanking is the amount of damage you take when doing your combos honestly. The mitigation just isn't the greatest. Your at the mercy of healers more then any other tank power
  4. Sleepy Healer Steadfast Player

I agree with you but fire still out performs atomic currently. All atomic needs is a healing buff or increased midigation. Atomic isn't terrible but all the other powers cam survive longer without a healer
  5. The Anxient Loyal Player

Yeah because there's a way to do it in Pvp? You get countered by one add in a huge group that's blocking or lunging and you can't even see them? Just because it can be done doesn't mean it's in line with the other tanks sets. This should have been handled on test but typical dcuo. If the dps is ready that's all that matters.
  6. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

To be fair to testers, people did raise issues, multiple times, for a variety of reasons. There were several comments made about being countered and such. That's why features like getting health even if you're countered were added to Atomic, as well as the aura being renewed upon completion of a combo.

That's the thing about testing, every single piece of relevant feedback you make can be destroyed by an upcoming change. It's so much easier to sit and criticise testing and testers when you're only dealing with something in it's final form that isn't currently being developed.
    We've had almost 1 entire week now to play Atomic, without any changes being made and therefore it's weaknesses and strengths are easier to detect than test server Atomic, which was having new things and tweaks made to it almost on daily basis.
  7. Sleepy Healer Steadfast Player

True hopefully they will buff atomic tanking but immunities will require skill
  8. The Anxient Loyal Player

My comments were not a shot at the testers. I followed the test thread very carefully. I know that the concerns were voiced and ignored mostly. Once they got the dps balanced they sent it live as is on the tank side.
    • Like x 1
  9. krytine Loyal Player

If you think about it rage was a large cc tank for adds atomic looks to be more small groups or single target they are polar oposites and in bd while using the aura around adds I would be wiped quick if I waited for just the boss to hit the aura then no problem
  10. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

My apologies, I mis-interpreted. Wouldn't be the first time the testers have been blamed though :p
  11. Aglorenzini Dedicated Player

You practice breaking out and blocking or using a shield right after.
    With enough practice you'll sometimes realize you'll be countered before your combo hits the add, then your vulnerability lasts for a fraction of a second instead of a whole second (or more).
    Rage taught me that and I'm using it with atomic.
  12. Scar-Red Nova Dedicated Player

LOL Are you serious?
    • Like x 1
  13. iLoveDCUO Well-Known Player

The tanking is just fine. When this legendary bug fixes and I'm able to run stuff. I'll tank BD with my 142 Atomic Tank and post a vid for you sir. It's just the players. We even got the feats with another atomic tank in BDE. It's not bad...just the players. I think it's the 2nd strongest tank in my opinion. Only 2nd to rage.
  14. iLoveDCUO Well-Known Player

Depends on the rage user. I'll show it's not a turtle tank in 1v1s. :)
  15. Veritasum Loyal Player

I've been running with a lot of Atomic tanks in pug groups. I particularly remember a 138 that solo tanked BD 1st 2 bosses and last boss a 137 Atomic tank helped out on last boss and we got it done. This was day 1 of the episode. Since then I have ran several other things with Atomic tanks including UM solo and haven't seen any difference as far as survivability. I'm no expert in Atomic tanking, but if I can complete content with one, it's fine in my book.
  16. undrline Issue Tracker Volunteer

I recall reading that PvE still allows you to get immunity by countering your opponent, though it was removed from PvP.
    Turtling isn't always wise because it opens you up to counters. Block when you need to.
    I'm not familiar with Atomic: are one of those combos single-target melee? Outnumbered in groups single target melee is almost always an option:
    • range+melee, melee (preferably with an aoe);
    • range+block, blockbreak or single target melee;
    • melee+block, block (or single-target melee for damage without counter)
    • block+block/range+range/melee+melee, counter is straightforward (two out of three of these melee wouldn't hurt)
    • larger groups: block+range+melee, you can't block or blockbreak, but you can still single target melee
    Practice using cleanses and shields.
  17. Pults Loyal Player

Should have worded it a bit better. I was comparing outside of blocking in the post. You took half a sentence out of the entire post.
  18. YinChakra Dedicated Player

That's me :)
    • Like x 3
  19. Nemisor Committed Player

the truth is it under performs compared to all other tank powers. this is not subjective, its fact........( lol im not THAT guy )

you shouldn't need to have the highest level of skill to make 1 power work while an average skill set can make all the others work.
  20. ACW37162 Loyal Player

Tanking side would be ranked 5th out of 5.

That's not to say it's bad just that others a better.

Above CR content and screen blocking are atomic so two biggest issues. Some of the other tanks just deal with being under CR better.

And to the guy who poked at testers, first I don't see you on test and since it's open to everyone with any membership there is really no excuse, second, screen blocking by an add was mentioned and not commented on or responded to.