Atomic Rules!

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by chaoticRE, Nov 9, 2015.

1. chaoticRE Well-Known Player

Was in BDn earlier and they invited a 138 dps so I thought he wasnt going to be on par but damn!! He was 2nd to me and beat the other 2 144 dps in the dirt. Didnt know atomic was this awesome might try it!
    • Like x 1
  2. The Anxient Loyal Player

Too bad the tanking is so poor
  3. Sleepy Healer Steadfast Player

Yet THE tanking IS below average
  4. chaoticRE Well-Known Player

Yeah havent seen much of those..
  5. Gigga Watt Well-Known Player

Does great damage so long as you don't get interrupted and know when to use mid range or long range finishers.
  6. The Quickster Well-Known Player

Is it really?, i went on a NGN run a few days ago and the Atomic Tank was beasting it. i cant remember his CR so he could've been 130+ but i remember we were last boss and there were a bunch of adds and burn was slow because half the team wiped but the Tank would just not go down, i honestly thought we were going to wipe last second but it never happened. again i cant remember his CR so he couldve just been over geared.
  7. Sleepy Healer Steadfast Player

Ngn is a joke. I don't see it as a good exampie. Go watch a atomic tank BD or um. Watch him struggle
  8. The Quickster Well-Known Player

well then i guess that explains why there is still a shortage of Tanks :(
  9. Gigga Watt Well-Known Player

Atomic tank is just fine, if not better then most, just need to know what powers to use.
  10. Sleepy Healer Steadfast Player

No it isnt. If that was true ppl wouldn't have complained on test for weeks about it with no fix to it. Not one person on test thought it was fine.

Edit look at dev dicusion
  11. Proxystar #Perception

No, it's just a case of bad tank being bad.
    • Like x 2
  12. Sleepy Healer Steadfast Player

Show me a vid of a atomic tanking soloing black hand without a struggle.
  13. Malachyte Devoted Player

Atomic is nothing special at the moment. Every single power that has come out new is always OP as far as Damage output goes.
  14. PolarisSylar Committed Player

I though u meant ... [IMG]
    • Like x 2
  15. The Anxient Loyal Player

No its not! I have used every tank power and atomic is by far the least viable.
  16. Pults Loyal Player

Rage and fire are actually worse in one on one Boss fights. Rage only shines when there are plenty of adds to stack health on. Atomic has a higher effective health pool ouside of block than both of these powers but slightly lower within block (Atomics don't really need to be blocking). Where most tanks should block atomic has to combo, the only exclusion is oneshots even then it' better to have the aura up and combo. Don't see why atomic tanking should be buffed, if anything all tank powers should be slightly adjusted to perform well under any kind of threat.
  17. The Anxient Loyal Player

Leaving out the part where it's impossible to keep comboing when you're covered up by adds and a boss. You're going to be countered repeatedly. Keep being difficult just for the sake of being difficult. It's really helpful.
    • Like x 1
  18. Pults Loyal Player

I don't have to jump the bandwagon of "make atomic the best there is", it offers average survivability and has more neat tricks that any other tank power, but what I can do is offer arguments to anything I disagree with, this is a forum after all.
    Rage has to cancel the crash with a power that has a blockable combo, after it does there is a 2 second window in which you are an egg shell - you can get killed, juggled, doesnt take much if you're not in rage mode. Fire has to reapply selfheals and taunt outside of block, again you are an egg shell that can be juggled, stunned, or just killed easily. Earth has to aftershock multiple times either jachammer or shield, again you can get juggled stunned or countered whilst you are outside of block reapplying that extra mitigation that doesnt do much under high constant damage.
    All tank powers are somehow vulnerable and have a risk factor (ice is less risky and more stable). The only thing Atomic tanking could receive is an immunity when performing a block break combo (to not open up a vulnerability window). Other than that its in a pretty average shape, just as any other mediocre tank power.
    Don't make atomic seem like the worst there is, it was stated numerous times by the developers that atomic is completely opposite of all tanking mechanics and previous tactics.
  19. The Anxient Loyal Player

I'm not saying it needs to be made unbalanced and op but it is not in line with other tanks. Again I have tanked with every power. All have there ups and downs but they have a niche that they absolutely excel in. Atomic does not. It has bits and pieces from each but the risk vs reward is out of whack. It does not excel at any of them. It's an ice tank without the shields, has the heals heals like fire but they are very small and no health buff, comboing mitigation like earth but much weaker, and can be active like rage but does not have the ability to stack health and heal back damage taken. Jack of all trades master of none.
  20. Dr Torched Well-Known Player

I'm wondering what tanks you guys are seeing and what dps i am seeing. Went Atomic day one, instantly fell i love with it. The pull is god like, the heal is decent, but the combos make it fun. Just need a healer that can do his/her job and Atomic tanking is up there. As far as SM tanking that might be different. The pvp mechanics make the combos a bit tricky if you don't know when to use a range combo/when to use a melee combo. Other than that I'd say atomic is favorite imo.

As for it's dpsing I clearly am doing something wrong, Because sure i crit for 140k but still can't beat earth sorc or mental.
    • Like x 1