Atomic Is Orange!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by BlazeChamp, Sep 23, 2015.

1. Ghostof91 New Player

Why they call him Fire- Storm?
  2. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Because they couldn't contact you when they were coming up with the name
    • Like x 4
  3. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

It mostly just sounds cool. The Flash is a poor representation of the character as well. He can shoot ice , earth, metal , lighting if he wanted to. This is a case of the name not really fitting the power. The fire on his head isn't even fire. It is just an illusion created by ronnie's sub conscious because it looks cool.
    • Like x 2
  4. TheDarknessWithin Loyal Player

Why are people continuously saying Atomic Skull is the one and only icon for green? I mentioned him a few times, but he isn't the only one in the category. There are many other people and objects who use Green radiation abilities. For all we know, Brainiac may of digitized these, and/or digitized the Kryptonite from Metallo in the games opening movie.

There is:
    • Blight
    • Chemoids
    • Kryptonite Man
    • Joseph Martin - Has been green many times
    • Metallo
    • Uranium Element
    • Kryptonite Element
    • And we can go as far as Infinite Crisis Atomic Lantern
    All the elements of these can go together to form a Green Variant.
    New questions arise as how the Omacs got murky green atomic powers? How did the New Gods and Old Gods get to use green atomic? The Anomalies, the Necropolis Artifact?
    So many npc's ingame use murky green atomic.
    • Like x 3
  5. SkullGang Devoted Player

Last time I checked those murky green effects was called Radiation.
    • Like x 1
  6. DaKrushmor Loyal Player

Isn't radiation mechanic announced for Atomic Power by Spytle last year?
    [IMG]
    l also dug out names of elementary particles (neutron, proton, beta) inside NEW atomic preload file. l think powers, those deal with fission & radiation should be yellow-green, or at least just yellow like those & those, what is very close to we have at NPC's right now, while fusion-related powers can remain fiery-red.
    • Like x 3
  7. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

Radiation and chain reactions says (TBD) which means to be determined meaning they weren't necessarily part of it
  8. TheDarknessWithin Loyal Player

Last time I checked Radiation is part of Atomic.
    • Like x 2
  9. YinChakra Dedicated Player

As we know Firestorm also emits lethal levels of radiation and has used fission abilities and... it's not green.
  10. Dogico Loyal Player

22 ducking pages
  11. TheDarknessWithin Loyal Player

How's it ducking? 22 pages of a fair debate. Just because its been confirmed that it's orange in a 2 second clip doesn't say anything still. You Orange people just have nothing proper to say because you all know that your getting what you want so far.

There is enough information and lore on the OG Atomic to fight or reconsider the Green version still.
    • Like x 2
  12. Dynagirl Committed Player

To be fair it is 22 pages because they merged all the atomic threads into one. :)

Well it's not just a 2 second clip, there is also this.;)
    Also, Metallo as an atomic... I don't know that's kinda of a stretch. I always saw him as a tech villain more than anything. I mean if he were to count doesn't that make like Lex Luthor a atomic villain also since a lot of the battlesuits he built over the years are kryptonite powered? I will grant you 3 of the 6 "Kryptonite Man" were atomics. The other 3, one was a mental powered alien, one was a straight up clone of Superman, and the other was a insane Captain Atom.
  13. Ghostof91 New Player

But, but who said Atomic can't be tech either.:rolleyes:
  14. Dynagirl Committed Player

Well to me, I define a character as atomic if they are atomic at their core. What I mean by this is that abilities and gear that use nuclear/atomic/radioactive as aspect a character doesn't necessarily mean that is their main power. Let me give an example, Magic users can potentially make an atomic reaction with their powers, does that make them atomic? Another example, are Superman and Starfire atomic heroes? They are basically manipulating solar radiation to do what they do. That's why tech to me is a slippery slope, there is a lot of battlesuits, robots and weapons dc has made over the years that use nuclear stuff in some form or another. But, I see those as tech first as that is their main power.
    • Like x 1
  15. Jak-Man Committed Player

Oh my god. Close this thread.
  16. Dynagirl Committed Player

NOOOOOOOOO!!! We're having too much fun. :D
    • Like x 1
  17. TheDarknessWithin Loyal Player

Metallo could be both really. It's like Earth is Half meta, but half magic with totem and golems. Mettalo is a robot, but has a mind of his own, and shoots radiation energy. But yes.
    • Like x 2
  18. TheDarknessWithin Loyal Player

Don't like it, don't participate ;)
    • Like x 2
  19. DaKrushmor Loyal Player

Yeah, but what about those names inside game files? Seeing to them it looks we are getting analogue DCUO implementation for what we had in CoX (it radiation powers):

And red color for radiation would look kinda weird. Meanwhile if orange color is promised, there's already late to completely discard it. Maybe makes sense limit those red krackles not for all, but only for specific abilities & use yellow-only color for the rest.
    • Like x 3
  20. Antwoman Dedicated Player

Wow 20 plus pages about a power color....well that's us for you, we put issues like power colors above all else it seems lol.
    • Like x 2