Atomic Is Orange!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by BlazeChamp, Sep 23, 2015.

1. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

Yes you can make 24 powers from Firestorm alone. When your power is basically do what you want, options are limitless. He can make shields, fire lasers, turn you into frogs, drop a piano on your head out of no where, make himself intangible, fire fusion beams, has a healing factor, near invulnerable, restructure someones dna(removing powers as well) as seen by Deathstorm and when Jason took away Killer Frosts powers, and create constructs like HL. Firestorms power is so varied and so specific to him(not saying that there aren't other with similar abilities) that you don't need to include the one power of a villain who is probably poorly named given his powers(as is firestorm ironically) because firestorm can do that too. Now making it green to support said villains purely because he is a villain and has a power that barely scratches what is necessary seems unnecessary to me. This is especially apparent to me when Firestorm has many enemies with the same powers as him and they aren't a different color. It is highly like the power trees will be based of New 52 Ronnie and Jason when they were separate entities. Ronnie has control of the fusion blast and more pew pew aspect while Jason has the restructuring of mass as the sub atomic level.

Yellow-Green has always been associated with the by product of messing with atoms: Radiation Poisoning. Atomic on a whole is much broader spectrum of abilities. There is no color that truly captures that however Firestorm has the power over all aspects of Atomic manipulation and his color happens to be Yellow highlighted by orange. For a power set inspired by him the yellow - orange fits.

Heck even the Al Pratts atomic fists are yellow/orange with the kirby crackle.

[IMG]

His Son:

[IMG]

Doing more research, I have come across more atomic comic characters having to do with yellow and orange that there are with the yellow green look.

If it was it was radiation with the Atomic skull and Blight as a insipration: The radio active green would be what should be used.
    • Like x 3
  2. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

Great points sadly I feel it will all be ignored
  3. Rockhound665 Steadfast Player

Which mentors inspired:

Ice
    Fire
    Earth
    Mental
    Gadgets
    Quantum
    Munitions
    Sorcery
    Nature
    Celestial

The only faction mentor powers have been the light powers. An argument can be made for Gadgets for Tech mentors but don't know if either Joker or Batman have a pet turret that follows them around.
  4. Ghostof91 New Player

Joker and Batman both uses pets, so the Villain/ Hero conflict is cover.
  5. Dynagirl Committed Player

You what kills me when I read this thread is how many times the name Atomic Skull keeps getting thrown out there. Despite the fact that for most of his 24 years of existence, Joseph Martin has been depicted as purple gray. He really only has been green for like a couple of years before flashpoint happened and that was mostly due to the cartoons. Then he went back to purple gray for new 52. Heck, for a time Atomic Skull ( Mister Green Atomic Icon :p) was once one of the beautiful people. I present to you all who are green with envy... :D
    [IMG]

ORANGE ATOMIC SKULL!!! :eek:

Doesn't he look absolutely GORGEOUS!!! ;)
    • Like x 3
  6. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

You calling Harley a pet? :eek:
    • Like x 1
  7. BipolarDiva Loyal Player

Thank you devs for making atomic orange. Can we please get a blue healer power for lanterns but just for fun lets make it ORANGE TOO.
    • Like x 2
  8. Ghostof91 New Player

Sort of:oops:, but The Joker works for no one, while on the other hand all of his accomplices are pets.
  9. Absolix Loyal Player

There weren't inspired bys for the launch powers, and they don't necessarily even choose characters even in-game, much less mentors in-game. The only consistency is that there is one hero and one villain.

For HL it is Green Lantern, it doesn't list a particular one, and Sinestro.

For Electricity it is Black Lightning and Livewire.

For Earth it is Geo-Force and Terra.

For Quantum it is Captain Atom and Major Force.

For Celestial it is The Spectre and Eclipso.

For Rage it is Guy Gardner, when he was a red lantern, and Atrocitus.

For Munitions it is Sgt. Rock and Detonator.

For Atomic it is Firestorm and N/A.
  10. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

Lmfao
    • Like x 1
  11. DaKrushmor Loyal Player

Gah! lt Iooks Iike l can't win. NevertheIess, l shaII.

DaGrateKrushmor the NucIear Cyborg out.
    • Like x 1
  12. MariaTenebre Committed Player

Over all as I have stated before this is a big disappointment to me it has caused me to have to cancel my Atomic character.
    • Like x 2
  13. The Great NK Well-Known Player

How many times are you gonna repeat that? I'm pretty sure everyone knows by now.
    • Like x 6
  14. leapoffaithninja Committed Player

15. Ghostof91 New Player

Hmm so many pictures of Fire.:cool:
    • Like x 1
  16. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Fixated for you ;)
  17. leapoffaithninja Committed Player

that's firestorm on the flash cw
    • Like x 1
  18. Rejoicer1 Well-Known Player

So looking forward to firestorm based atomic. Can we please have it before thanksgiving. (Or better yet Halloween...Orange you know...)_
  19. YinChakra Dedicated Player

November will be the earliest, Jan 2016 Latest.
  20. Ghostof91 New Player

LoL