Work In Progress Arena PvP Changes on the Test Server

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Mepps, Dec 9, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. veneficus OP truncus Committed Player

i understand this but i was asking if it was something you have planned on looking into already
    or for you guys to put thses ideas in the plans for pvp arenas
  2. UltraVillain Committed Player

Good news...but better still do this for pve and open world also, the entire WM/AM thing is destroying combat fun and variety in or out of arenas.

PS in any event please do not ignore open world pvp (or perhaps consider a open world location where pvp mechanics operate).
    • Like x 2
  3. Prosser Dedicated Player

Here
    It's the link in the first post of that thread.
  4. ErnieB Loyal Player

[IMG]
  5. ErnieB Loyal Player

PVE is getting mid range adjustment, reducing WM/AM damage will just make things take longer, not harder or require any more skill than it already does.
  6. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

No thank you. We already have an issue with stacking multiple dps for raids. Reducing the damage they can do will make it worse.
  7. The Game Well-Known Player

lol I'm pretty sure it was mentioned but +1 for breaking back pvp styles.
  8. Drathmor Unwavering Player

we all know light is very op in arenas due to how hard it hits plus the stuns it inflicts
    • Like x 1
  9. UltraVillain Committed Player

Not if raids are scaled appropriately, but atm the dps role is able to sustain itself at the expense or even exclusion of the need for other roles - this is a direct result of excessive damage output in proportion to role and team vulnerability. The ability to quickly and easily deal absurdly high damage figures means bosses have to be overstuffed with defence and Hp excluding the ability of other roles to contribute in a viable fashion, scale back damage and dial down some of those bosses and we will see a much closer analogy to the fos' of old, when team configuration was king.
    • Like x 1
  10. Brother Allen Loyal Player

Ah...I was told they did.

They even specifically say they stack with all other consumables. Either way I don't even want one of those darn things in my Arena experience :p.
  11. Sir-Ivy Dedicated Player

Mepps, the improvement would be the removal of AM and WM from PvP, you say it would take months like we haven't been waiting this long already. AM's are just pigeon hole rotations superior to the rest, there isn't any combat diversity. WM is just a forgettable mechanic.
  12. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

With the mid range update to powers, AM damage will be scaled back for some powers. While the mid range weapon update will make weapons stronger so support roles will be able to dish out decent damage as well. And no it won't really effect dps because only powers that use weapons are pet and dot mechanics. When weapons are updated the pet powers will most likely be scaled back to compensate for it.

Point overall? The damage issue will fix itself. Just be patient.
  13. ArchelyMS Well-Known Player

Ice Shields spammers were easy to beat. Considering from my friend Richy did PvP a lot, You can debuff them as a DPS by using PvP Debuff grenades. Debuffs the tank for 8 seconds and removes the shields.
  14. Craven Green Loyal Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  15. ErnieB Loyal Player

went in and got my *** kicked in 10 seconds, green vs yellow lantern, the other guy would just spam the same tap one handed attack over and over, he barely used his powers. Most times I tried to counter but as always the counter windows where scrwed and test server freezes and lags way too much. At the same time I haven't been in PVP in a year, could anyone give me some pointers as to where I should put my skills and what attacks fit best an HL toon. I'm hoping that my problem was my lack of experience after so long, hopefully getting the skill points and power points in order could help with that. But still the counters are still an issue if anyone can just win by tapping melee over and over.
  16. FaLeX Dedicated Player

[IMG]

DCUO used to have a RPS type PvP

Healers have a buff vs Tanks

Tanks have a buff vs Controllers

Controllers have a buff vs Healers

&

now its basically

[IMG]
    • Like x 4
  17. Devastating Anger Well-Known Player

I agree with mostly all of the changes that PvP will be bringing because it is my favorite part of the game, but I have many concerns Mepps.
    • What will be done with PvE gear? People are entering with PvE gear and hitting hard instead of their gear and stats being disabled. If you want to PvE leave the gear for PvE and if you want to PvP, get your PvP gear on.
    • I don't really support new player stat buffs due to the fact a 20 cr+ with Rage, Light, Earth, or Sorcery will be hitting you like they are a fully modded 100 PvP Cr.
    • Clamping and Debuffing in instances? I don't understand the concept of me having to lose stats because another haven't earned it. I put my hard work and sweat into getting my sp and gear so why can't they?
    That's the only concerns I have if you could address them please that would be nice.
    • Like x 1
  18. Coulromaniac Dedicated Player

Lol, this Snoopy Dance is only available as a crowd control effect during the December Holiday daily mission...
    I want the snoopy dance to be an emote we can use whenever!
    • Like x 2
  19. darkscarletx Loyal Player

So without any pvp gear and stats buff, when I'll start pvp on my character I have to reason to fight because you will be 100 pvp. I understand what you mean but understand too how it can bring people down because no matter how hard they can try to win, you will one hit him. yes you will get 100 MoV even if you lose but you didn't fight to earn them. Hope it makes sense. I love the changes too, I'm really happy.

And Pve gears has nothing to do with it I think. Only the stats are buffed. It always say your pve gear has been disabled. So it is disabled. They hit hard because of the stat, not the pve gears.

If the buff might be removed, so be it. But dang, I will lose a lot and getting one hit even if I do my best. Don't know how it is fair. And where will be your challenge? You will always win when you get a player without pvp gear. I love ESO!! They understand that progressing is also at your level and a challenge. Something dcuo has not understand yet.
  20. Sir-Ivy Dedicated Player

Stat caps need to go, SP needs to matter.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.