Apparently there is a spring sale...

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Eve, Mar 26, 2020.

1. Littlejaytee16 Committed Player

Yes, but the "mystery week" comes out before the new DLC, correct? Meaning it would be over before the latest "goodies" even hit the market. So I don't think it's what everyone hopes it is.
  2. L T Devoted Player

The 2019 winter sale was actually weaker than most years and was only 20%.

https://www.dcuosourcewall.com/guides/winter-sale-2019
  3. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

That's exactly when they always have done 'that' week. To drain our stores of 'supplies' before the new ones come out....then we re-buy new stores when chasing the latest thing. Slobbering consumers that we are and all....
    • Like x 1
  4. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Bought Replays at 50% on BF sale. I stocked up using the last of my 2018 99$ 15K MP cash purchase, then got another 99$ 15K MP cash on the anniversary.
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/black-friday-sale.305814/

Cyber monday also brought some discounts on unlocked TCs (couldn't find the official post) and some episodes/packs.
    https://www.dcuosourcewall.com/guides/black-friday-2019

I did seem to remember stabilizers on sale somewhere as well, but maybe I'm thinking of those unlocked TCs. I normally buy neither of those, so I guess on those, this is a better deal....replays, not so much.
  5. L T Devoted Player

None of those are the 2019 winter sale, which is the most recent sale we had.
  6. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Just reiterating the 10% member discount always stacks on all the things!
    • Like x 4
  7. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

What does that have to do with it? No one was saying that Winter 2019 sale was great, especially compared to years past. The BF/CM sale was less than a month before the Winter sale...sorry, but that's still 'recently' in my book. I didn't say 'on the LAST sale we had' I said 'recently', which 2 sales within 20 days of each other pretty much fall into the same time duration bucket IMHO. Replays, respecs and seals were 50% on BF/CM. Even on the lackluster winter sale, stabilizers, artifact XP etc WAS on sale for 20%+ the additional 5% across the board member discount, so the prices are not much better now, on the things it's better. My point was how about the other things that have not been on sale 'recently'? I don't need those same things back on sale 1 month or 3 months later at 20, 30 or even 50% again(maybe you do). BTW...as this 30% sale is on select items only and the winter sale had 15% member discount across the board + the select items at 20%, certain items were indeed cheaper in the winter sale (like inventory slots/bank slots/armories/some styles) than this one.

Or if you are saying that Dec in general is not 'recent'...well then the Winter sale is out of the example too as it was also in Dec....in which case you could argue we have not had any sale in a looooong time (all of 3 months) so 'Yea! 30%' I guess. I, personally, still don't need any of it and will wait for the eventual summer sale.
  8. Littlejaytee16 Committed Player

That is a very cruel practice... cruel indeed.