Any new powers coming to DCUO?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by SalviMex, Apr 18, 2018.

1. LastSonOfEarth Committed Player

Well, except for the ever-falling sky, of course ;)
    • Like x 1
  2. stärnbock Devoted Player

well, how could i have known of the reveal,
    that has followed shortly after my reply...
    now, THAT was realy awkward timing ^^
  3. AllanPage Committed Player

I highly doubt there will be a new power anytime soon. I am not a fan of the previously released water power. It also took them a year or two to release it on live after it was promised.

I assume Daybreak doesn't have enough devs to work on these things anymore, most of their devs have been moved to a more popular game H1z1 to manage their resources and all DC has is time capsule, styles and episodes development team.
    • Like x 2
  4. DC Urban Committed Player

A true beastial power-set. Which includes close range claw strikes like those feline people. Also, ranged claw strikes that create projectiles. Basically more of the same, a ranged dps but with claw & beastial animations. Cat-woman or Lion mane inspired I guess.

& Serums since venom boost iconic power is already in the game.
  5. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

I never understood the ideal of shadow as a controller. It fits the tank role more. They would be using obsidian as a base for it. I've never really seen him empower anyone or buff people. I can see the crowd control potential but tanks have CC covered as well. Obsidians powers rely on him making contracts and also absorbing adamage into his darkness.

Looking at his stats , that power seems more suited towards a tank powerset. If they did somehow convert that into a controller set , I fear (pun intended) it may end up being similar to mental and quantum thematically. Making it a tank would all it to use the powers in a different way and also give another role a stealth or invisibility option.
    Install
    in: DC Database
    Todd Rice (New Earth)
    Real Name
    Todd James Rice
    Current Alias
    Obsidian
    Relatives
    Jennie-Lynn Hayden (twin sister), Alan Scott (father), Rose Canton (mother), Molly Mayne, (step-mother), James Rice (adoptive father), Shirley Rice (adoptive mother), Jeremy Rice (adoptive brother), Damon Matthews (domestic partner)
    Affiliation
    Justice Society of America · formerly Princes of Darkness, Justice League, Infinity, Inc.
    Base Of Operations
    Los Angeles, California · New York City, New York
    Status
    Alignment
    Good
    Identity
    Public Identity
    Citizenship
    American
    Marital Status
    Dating
    Occupation
    Adventurer, Social Worker
    Characteristics
    Height
    5' 11"
    Weight
    193 lbs (88 kg)
    Eyes
    Brown
    Hair
    Brown
    Origin
    Universe
    Earth-Two · New Earth
    Place of Birth
    Milwaukee
    Creators
    Roy Thomas · Jerry Ordway
    First Appearance
    All-Star Squadron #25
    (September, 1983)

History
    Powers and Abilities
    Powers
    Shadowlands Connection: Unlike his sister, Jade, whose powers resembled their father's, Obsidian has various shadow-based powers from his father's exposure to Shadow energy after a battle with Ian Karkull. Obsidian is connected to the Shadowlands, a dimension of primordial, quasi-sentient darkness.
    Shadow Form: Obsidian possesses the power of shadows. He does this by tapping into the dark energy of a dimension known as the Shadowlands. Todd can turn into a living, three-dimensional shadow by merging with his own shadow, turning it completely black. If he wished he could merge whatever he is wearing with his shadow as well. He can turn any part or all of his body two-dimensional.
    Intangibility[1]
    Superhuman Strength
    Superhuman Stamina
    Flight
    Shadow Possession
    Size Alteration[2]
    Shadow Constructs
    Darkside View: Obsidian also has limited telepathic abilities and by coming in contact with a victim's shadow he could cause them emotional agony by subjecting them to their innermost fears. It does not work against beings of "pure evil" like Solomon Grundy[3] and Ultra-Humanite.[4]

Here is a respect thread :

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.re...comments/3f75lg/respect_obsidian_dc_prenew52/

He screams unkilllable death machine.

If it did happen I would give it a similar mechanic to the quark gluon aura but call it shadow form. Just take the void material and the tendril aura and have it be an effect. While in tank stance it adds to defense and I don't stance it increases damage of powers. However I would have it be something you activate like damage absorption for earth.
  6. Drathmor Unwavering Player

we will be lucky if the doors stay open with all these daybreak layoffs and Columbus Nova Russia things going on
    • Like x 1
  7. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

• Like x 1
  8. Drathmor Unwavering Player

9. DC Urban Committed Player

Yep, that is why I came back & created a thread about it. Others deemed it some type of "Haha" moment, but check my track record since coming back, there is no ill intent. I am simply here to get the most out of the game. I play other DB games on occasions, so the "Haha" moment will be on me as-well.

I don't want to get into it too much out of respect to the OP, so i will leave it at that.

I keep thinking ninja when someone mentions shadow for some reason.
  10. king0287 New Player

the next more likely to be his wind, steel, and darkness can be held on the principle that they have put the different elements fire, earth, light and water (ect ...) they miss that wind, steel and darkness