Any new powers coming to DCUO?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by SalviMex, Apr 18, 2018.

1. SalviMex Active Player

If you could create a power what would it be and what role would it be?
  2. Shark Dental Devoted Player

It would be the power to put any thread into the Joker's Funhouse section of the forums. It would be a tank role, because I'm fairly sure this post is going to draw a lot of aggro, lol.
    • Like x 6
  3. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

Yeah but would that power come with combos like Atomic? I LOVE my atomic tank I don't need no troll or healer.. Imagine all the damage we could do on the fun house if we never run out of power and nothing can damage us? LOL

Potential new powers they could create :

Condiments: Healer/DPS with a combination of ketchup, mustard, mayo, and tabasco attack that can deal damage or heal your team mates ... Mayo would be mostly a healing power just cause its so dog gone YUMMY!

Politician: DPS/TROLL with a wide range of long winded attacks that can stun, daze, hold and basically bore the bad guys (or good guys) to death. The ultimate Super Charge would be the broken campaign promise that can leave an opponent totally devastated and so depressed they can't even get out of bed to TRY and attack.

Fast Food: Tank/DPS while the flying french fries attacks are devastating NOTHING hold agrro better than the pizza delivery attack... Huge mobs basically afraid to even run down the hall to use the bathroom in case the van pulls up and the pizza arrives!

..................Do you think they'll figure out this is a joke or can we expect some ding dong to post arguing about which should be the stronger attack.. Ketchup or Mustard? LOL
    • Like x 1
  4. SalviMex Active Player

Mustard would be to op lmao
  5. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

The answer is...NO!!! No new powers coming anytime soon. Until the Devs announce anything, that is a fact. Asking every other week or every month will not change that. They said Water is it for the foreseeable future.
    • Like x 4
  6. Punkpirate Well-Known Player

Actually just wait later today is GU82 announcment you will see iconics revamp ;) so new powers incoming
  7. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

That's not the same thing. And if you turn out to be right, i'll be pleasantly surprised....but others are likely to be disappointed since they're looking for new powersets, not iconic additions.:)
    • Like x 1
  8. stärnbock Devoted Player

at this point, there is NOTHING to look out for...
    • Like x 2
  9. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

To answer your thread title. No, not anytime soon (soon being within the next year or two).

But now that PS3 is no longer supported, we now have the possibility of getting more powers in the future. So at some point it may very well happen but not for a long time.
    • Like x 1
  10. Drathmor Unwavering Player

this is the only power now!

RNG monetization;)

[IMG]
    • Like x 4
  11. willflynne 10000 Post Club

"NERF SRIRACHA!!!"

:D
    • Like x 1
  12. Tilz Loyal Player

Hitting tabasco too often in a certain timeframe will start dealing damage over time. Or something like ragecrash.. I mean.. later-dealt-damage :D :D It burns twice.

You can make some nice interactions with stuff like mustard and honey or stuff like that :D
  13. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

The award for "I read the title and not the OP" goes to...lol
    • Like x 3
  14. BumblingB I got better.

Condiment King power set confirmed!
    [IMG]
    • Like x 2
  15. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

To answer the title: Very doubtful at least not anytime this year.
    To answer the op: I would love to see a Shadow powerset for control role. I would also like to see new iconic powers added.
    • Like x 3
  16. velvetsanity Loyal Player

To answer the question in the thread title:

No clue. Hey, Mepps, have you guys filled any job openings recently? :D

To answer the question in the OP:

I’d do Love as a Healer power (with a secondary troll aspect via the ability to trap people in crystal, which is iconic to the Star Sapphires) because HL is troll and Rage is tank. This would round out the Lantern Corps roles as well as give us a non-magic based healer.

I’d also make a Shadow/darkness based magic power as a troll powerset. This would be the first nonhealer Magic powerset. Along with it, I’d add teleportation as a movement type.
  17. TITAN ephemeral Loyal Player

how about no new powers you just get to pick and customize your own pi....have any power from any powerset...your hero suddenly has fire attacks and ice shields...or gadget shields with earth attacks...whatever...having freeform would make people sub(SUB only perk) and give people the chance to be the next LEGEND...not just another q only control or sorc only heal
    • Like x 2
  18. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

This^^^
  19. Drathmor Unwavering Player

so down for a shadow powerset. been saying that for years
    • Like x 2
  20. Drathmor Unwavering Player

with that tho your begging for an optimal way to play as inevitable there would be some combo of powers that just outpaced everything else in the game and a youtube video would be made about it and then the whole community is the same mixture or powers making every other power a thing of the past