Any good Hideout bases in Gotham?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by The Batgirl, Dec 5, 2014.

1. The Batgirl New Player

It's kind of hard for me trying to find a good and a quite nice area for my own base to be at. I would like the Hideout bases because the lair one is too big. :/ The base I would like to buy can be a quiet place, not much people around. Like around the edges of the city but NOT near those buildings that are covered with some kind of force field. It's so annoying. =_=
  2. MsJonzz Well-Known Player

I love the small lair especially during the holidays. There are some in the apartments near crime alley and I like the one near Knightsdome. Makes it helpful when you start doing home turf stuff at ace. :)
    • Like x 4
  3. Alekimsior New Player

I have multiple bases all over Gotham and Metro (have all lair themes, too), of all the locations the one I've grown to like the most is the isolated Gothic Lair you can find in the southern bay area:

http://dcuniverseonline.wikia.com/wiki/File:GothicGotham.jpg

It is an only structure, a few feet away you'll find your closest "neighbor". The best part of it all, is that if you use the door you'll find a bunch of Brainiac Drones waiting for you. Tons of fun (I'm serious). I know you said that Lairs are too big for you, but as you continue advancing, you'll gather more and more items. And who knows, maybe you'll grow fond of wanting to decorate your base.

By the way, really cool sig.
    • Like x 1
  4. GregDawe New Player

I like this topic...so I hope it is ok to pose this question here (sorry if it isn't)

Are there different sized Lairs?
    If so, where are the bigger ones?
  5. Alekimsior New Player

Right now, there are only 2 different sizes of lairs. Dive and the rest. Dive is the smallest size, all the others are the same size & layout, but with different look & slight configuration differences. I highly recommend to check out the wikia:

http://dcuniverseonline.wikia.com/wiki/Base_Theme

Some highlights of those difference I mentioned, for instance:

Cave Lair (one of my favorites), it has no windows, it is pretty dark. More importantly, the connecting hallway, and the "bay windows" that are present in every single base, are shaped like a cragged rock. So, you can't hang any items on those areas.

Ancient Lair: Every base has support columns, the Ancient theme's are round, and a larger girth, so they take more space (I also think you can't hang any items on them). This theme is also a bit dark, without windows, but has torches on the walls.

Eastern Lair: the bay windows and connecting hallway have a arch shape, almost a circle.

Another feature that may be absent in certain base themes are support beams. On some bases, like the Gothic theme, you can hang things on those beams, while others you aren't allowed.
    • Like x 2
  6. GregDawe New Player

Awesome Cheers.

I use a Tech Lair...and you can tell the architect at DCUO isn't John Stewart, cos as well done as the WT is layed out, the Lairs are not.
    They were almost designed as if they don't expect us to have base items at times, or vice versa.
    The best representation of that atm is the Mist Container Devices...so frustrating to place well
    • Like x 1
  7. The Batgirl New Player

Thanks so much!! Btw, I had a Batman type of theme, and I'm not sure if I still have it, but how do you eqiup it? I forgot the name of the theme tho. And thanks :)
  8. The Batgirl New Player

I would have the Cave version or Tech. But for now, I'm picking the Dive.
  9. Alekimsior New Player

Equip the theme? From Control Panel. You go to relocate base and you'll see the map with two sections: City & top one is Lair theme. You toggle around to get a preview of the Lair theme. Remember that you are given Deco, Gothic, & Dive at the start. Any other lair themes you purchase have to be redeemed from the market place. The closest to Batman theme has got to be Cave. Gothic closest to Wayne Manor

Mist Container Devices scrap the roof, but you can still manage. Try collecting the Large Power Column. So massive it def is a League Hall item XD

Another item that's a problem is the Haunted House Curtains. So far, the only theme, imo, with a spooky house vibe, is Gothic. I like the windows, but was looking forward to draping them with the curtains. I collected 5. Some windows you can't cover, the bay windows you have to gently shift the curtain around to make them fit. Then the curtain's are maybe 1 cm too wide, to allow two curtains next to each other, so you can only have 1 curtain at each bay window.
  10. Ivar New Player

Yeah I was excited when I got one for my Gothic lair hung it up and .. nothing.
    What the heck are they supposed to do?
    Right now I have my sole one hanging on a wall as some kind of faux window. Better than nothing I guess.