Dev Discussion Anniversary: Speed Force Flux Raid

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Quixotic, Jan 6, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Quixotic Developer

Happy 10th Anniversary everyone!

The Speed Force Flux raid is new to the Anniversary event and we hope you enjoy it! The Event version is tuned to be enjoyed by all players similar to other seasonal instances. Then there's a much more difficult Elite version for those looking for a challenge that will test their skills and their teamwork.

This is the place for your feedback on the new raid. Let us know what you think and if you ran into any snags. Please also report any feedback or issues from the other Anniversary raid, Centennial Collapse, but be sure to call it out by name so that we know which raid you mean.

- TLantern and Quixotic
    • Like x 5
  2. Rejchadar Inquisitor

I have a question, was the elite version conceived so that people below 30 lvl could participate there?
    • Like x 1
  3. Charon Lead Content Designer

Elite group of various ranges from ep37-39 and get some success in the first boss fight, which at a level more appropriate for EP38 elite, is geared to be easier, quicker, and farmable for those who want to get Elite renown or episode currency, a full group of BoP CR ranged people or any full group of lower CR than that will likely not do that well. Fights beyond the first one scale up more and more, attempting to give a challenge to current end game elite players.

People who are lower CR could get in and be carried but good luck surviving. We CAN change this level requirement to get in or let people try it. Open to feedback.
    • Like x 1
  4. Rejchadar Inquisitor

At least exclude people up to level 30, since they don't even have all the skills from powerset...
    • Like x 2
  5. Charon Lead Content Designer

Think we will change it to be the entry point of the the first DLC of the year prior to that next year Anniversary. So BoP entry point this time around.
    • Like x 8
  6. zNot Loyal Player

First of all you guys did amazing work combining paradox with fos raid and batcave! Thats perfection ..

The Elite difficulty is high good job there! I hope this will continue in future raids too this is probably one of the best raids i seen in years.. difficulty and lookswise for me its up there they do have low HP (the bosses) but other then that im really happy to see this.
  7. Charon Lead Content Designer

With it being a seasonal and having 4 events/bosses, we did leave the health a bit lower on purpose. Glad you're enjoying it.
    • Like x 6
  8. zNot Loyal Player

Thats definetly understandable and im seriously surprised how well this is especially since its not part of a episode and i love the 4 bosses it has instead of 2 -3 bosses we usually get in most raids.
    • Like x 1
  9. Yaiba Committed Player

The elite raid is fun and very challenging, but i think there are some problems:
    . First boss: there is no tell after the first oneshot attack, and red lantern can interrupt some of the attacks as well ("rock" orbital, "oneshot" beam).
    . Second boss: after destroying tentacles 20+ times, they don't respawn at all. Is this intended?
    . Third boss: the power debuff (the statue with controller role) is way too strong (it depletes the bar in maybe 2s), and the fight has too much adds.
    . Last boss: after the boss moving, there is rare case that tentacles don't disappear.
  10. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

Did you have input in the third boss (out of 4)? It seems like your style Charon, elements of False Idols (Elite) first boss and the effigies from Fractured God Sphere (Elite) last boss.
  11. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I havent been to the last boss so far but up to that point everything seemed to work as intended - wich is a very pleasant surprise. Its a really nice raid.

The only thing i was a little confused about was that the balls wich get shot by the 2nd boss don't do a lot of damage. Even while not blocking it only depletes your health by 90%. Same for the supercharged ball barrage hes doing after charging up on people that are too close up to him.
  12. madaoturles Active Player

Not sure if this is intended or not but it really seems like on last boss that the ink and the pools to cleanse them just do not line up 80% of the time. You're just stuck with a massive dot and no abilities until it runs out because there are rarely any pools to clear it when they are needed.
  13. StealthBlue Loyal Player

There's a giant pool in the middle of the room. You can clear the ink with the giant pool, or the tiny puddles that spawn on the ground.

Edit: the giant pool also teleports you in front of the boss, which can be helpful when he changes positions.
    • Like x 1
  14. Charon Lead Content Designer

You can also jump into the giant pool in the middle of the room to clear it.

Edit - /shakesfist at StealthBlue - you beat me this time. This time!
  15. madaoturles Active Player

Okay, thanks. I knew it teleported you away but didn't realize it also cleansed. As someone else pointed out there is an occasional bug where when he teleports the tentacles will not despawn.

I'll also voice my concern as someone else has over the number of mobs on 3rd boss. Other than that most everything felt fine.
  16. zNot Loyal Player

That would decrease the difficulty on the Tank further if you want the mobs to be reduced the raid overall isnt that difficult on the Tank anyway if they do take some mobs away the remaining ones should hit harder to compensate for that keep in mind the entire elite raid has already been solo Tanked.
  17. Yaiba Committed Player

About last boss (elite), are we suppose to "skip" the tentacle's slam (dealing enough damage) ? Because if it's intended, then it's a disappointing, now the fight is just a dps check no less....
  18. Arkenra Well-Known Player

Very nice raid! I personally love the capture mechanic at third boss, in my opinion you should implement more of those elements in future elite content.
    • Like x 1
  19. DeathBecomesU New Player

The raid is possibly best content in recent times from the team, however my only concern is the kraken fight is just too easy, with a good burn you see little if not any mechanics as you can just push him through phases. The first boss also poses no real threat as any attacks are easily telegraphed but im ok with this as its the 1st encounter which most groups should be able to pass without any issues, allowing more of the community to experience the raid outside of the event version. All honesty if the kraken fight was to be buffed somehow where to keep with the ramping difficulty you eluded to earlier, then you guys will have knocked it out the park with this one. Regardless, a great raid taking us through bc to fos onto Tartarus linked by Nexus, a real celebration of the early content of the game. I hope you build upon this for future dlc's as this IMO for an event has been an awesome success.
  20. Illumin411 Loyal Player

My only major issues with the raid are game wide issues. The first being adds attacking the split second they spawn (sometimes already being in the middle of an attack animation during the fade in). The second being camera angles in tight spaces which is made worse by the game feeling the need to move my camera angle after I’ve got it right where I need to be as if it’s trying to give a cinematic panning effect or something. Drove me nuts in CTe too.

One minor issue specific to the raid is the exorbitant amount of time the tentacles in the 4th boss have you wrapped up. Even after popping a usable while controlled shield, supply drop and soda, the only way to survive is if the healer spams their priority for the next 10s+. At that point I’d rather it have just been a one shot and KO me and not take up all the healers priorities for such a long time.

Other than that, you guys did a bang up job!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.