Test Discussion Ally: Shazam

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Cardboard, Nov 29, 2022.

1. Illumin411 Loyal Player

A: Nobody asked for more or less of anything. Reading comprehension will do you some good in the future.

B: Saying that about the Computo HUD shows all anybody needs to know about you, a meta-bot you just watches loadout videos or listens to people who watch loadout videos and regurgitates that trash as a "meta". Though I do constantly get tells all the time about how I'm able to do the damage that I do using the HUD, so I guess you're not alone in being in the dark about it's potential. I have EoG sitting in my inventory. I rarely use it as it's boring and homogenous and not as dominant as people think. I only bring it out for damage check feats like the Proma feat.

In a nutshell, do your own testing and stop regurgitating untrue crap just because the rest of the bots say it. People are typically pretty unintelligent and uninformed on average. If you're saying the same crap most people are saying, odds are...it's pretty uninformed and inaccurate.
    • Like x 2
  2. GabeKnowBest Level 30

Reading comprehension will do you some good in the future.
    In a nutshell, you could choose to look in the mirror, it would do you some good. Everything you just said was nonsense but I won't clutter this chat going back and fourth with a player like you.
  3. Illumin411 Loyal Player

Sounds good Gabe Know(s) Best
    • Like x 1
  4. Cyclonic Dedicated Player

Is thia going to come out before my clothes go out of style?
  5. Skoll Well-Known Player

Well in about 3 weeks it will make the 3 month mark since the Secrets of Kahndaq time capsule release, so most likely looking like it’ll be released with a new time cap… or an Anniversary gift but who knows.
  6. Art New Player

For healer, is it best to keep it for main ally or passive?
  7. Cyclonic Dedicated Player

This might be outdated information buuuut... he's the best multi target offensive ally as long as the target hit with it doesn't die from the initial hit. Dev said that was fixed and that it should work on targets that die as well to spread lightning. Tester said it wasn't fixed.

For healer it sounds like water shields are going to love it. The idea is to find a killer loadout that doesn't rely too heavily on the single target or the group target heals. Leaning on less direct powers in order to build your restoration. It will be interesting to see what people come up with.
    • Like x 1
  8. Art New Player

Tyvm!
  9. Cardboard Developer

Hey Players!

We've made some changes to Shazam in terms of the damage of his active ability. Bolt of Zeus' damage now lowers for each chain, as well as just dealing less damage overall.

Bolt of Zeus went through multiple changes during its development. Despite this, it's damage values generally stayed the same, even when we increased the number of targets that can be healed and damaged at a time.

We feel these new numbers are more in line with Bolt of Zeus' current functionality, and still remains a viable choice in the current roster of allies without overshadowing them. This change brings him to about equal to Superman if the bolt hits three targets, and then better if you get that fourth.
    • Like x 9
  10. Red Wáve Well-Known Player

And now you have set a precedent, that you can and will change Allies, after they hit Live.

Coupled with the Gift of a free Batman (that I'm thankful I could not afford during X-Mas sale)

So the only money I will ever spend on Allies are Superman I bought with Loyalty Points and the 3 packs of Favor I could find in my budget.
  11. Drathmor Unwavering Player

12. Drathmor Unwavering Player

yes ;)