Test Discussion Ally: Shazam

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Cardboard, Nov 29, 2022.

1. Cardboard Developer

What's up players!

A new ally has arrived!

Shazam

Call upon the champion of magic, Shazam!

Bolt of Zeus
    [Combat Ability]
    Fires a lightning bolt that heals allies and damages and Electrifies enemies. Chains between up to 4 targets.
    At Max Affinity Level:
    • (10) +403% damage, 60% heal

The Power of Shazamily
    [Passive Ability]
    Activating an ally's Combat Ability grants Might and Precision for 30 seconds.
    At Max Affinity Level:
    • (10) +6% Might, +3% Precision

Purity of Heart
    [Passive Ability]
    Weapon attacks grant stacks of +1% Restoration up to a maximum number of stacks. Using a Priority Heal or Group Heal ability removes all stacks. Cooldown: 0.5 seconds.
    At Max Affinity Level:
    • (10) Max Stacks: 25
    Let us know any feedback you have!
    • Like x 1
  2. Sleepy Healer Steadfast Player

Is the 3rd passive only for healer role?
    • Like x 1
  3. Talks2MuchSense Well-Known Player

I'm guessing you mean the Second Passive / Third Ability.

By its description, yeah it'd be primarily for Healers / Battle Healers.
    I can't think of a reason why a pure DPS build would want to have Group/Priority Heal powers in their Loadout.
  4. Henoshock Well-Known Player

I could see tanks using the second passive. They don't have prio or group, so as long as they do some weapon attacks they'll constantly have 25% more resto, which affects their shields Probably like >10k resto.
    • Like x 2
  5. Trexlight Devoted Player

Thats thinking with your Noodle but the Patch notes has this:

Purity of Heart [Passive Ability] [Healer Role]

So It may be locked to Healer Role but we'll have to see which is true but still, not wrong for a nice boost to Resto and Shield.
  6. Penryn The Gadgeteer

It appears to be Healer only. I'm not getting any Restoration boosts in Damage role.
    • Like x 1
  7. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Bug Report
    "Chains between up to 4 targets"

I'm trying this out on the 8 sparring target group in the league hall and it is generating a damage tick for every sparring target. With the 8 target setup, you end up getting an easy 3 million damage at current CR levels. Each sparring target takes 360k to 390k damage.
  8. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Question
    Is Shazam's combat ability supposed to do boosted damage to bosses? On Injustice, I'm seeing a 650k damage tick. On a solo sparring target, I'm seeing around 400k.
  9. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Feedback
    Shazam's combat ability won't chain in most open world situation. What I'm seeing is that if your primary target dies, the attack won't chain. Here is an example:

EDIT:
    You apparently don't get healed either if the primary target dies in one hit:
  10. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Feedback
    It takes Shazam a few seconds to start attacking. So if you're in an environment with low-health targets like open world or even the Elite solo, your target has a chance of being KOed in between summoning Shazam and when he starts attacks. If that situation happens, you get 0 damage and 0 healing. I've seen that happen a few times so far.
    • Like x 2
  11. Henoshock Well-Known Player

This is pretty similar to what Arc Lightning does. Which is very similar to the description of this combat ability.
  12. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Bug Report
    Shazam's Power of Shazamily does not appear to work with Black Adam's Divine Destruction. I have not seen a Might/Precision boost when testing this combination:

My Might Stat was the same before and after using Black Adam.
    • Like x 1
  13. Eve YouTuber

OMG If this is my dream healer ally I am going to be so happy. Currently waiting on others to deep-test it but I might actually level him up on my main!
  14. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

For those not able to log on test server

• Like x 5
  15. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

How does this work in detail? Is it based on the hit counter or actual weapon combos?

An example would be brawling shuriken storm. If based on combo counter/hits it would be 7 hits or 7% resto. If based on combo instance, it would be 2%. 1 for the tap and one for the weapon mastery combo.

Regarding the heal of the combat ability, i have similar concers as Penryn. If we're not able to actively use it as a heal with the goal of healing someone in need, its quite useless in general gameplay.
    If the heal occured instantly upon summon and the damage would be delayed, it may be an excellent healer ally even when using him in the combat slot. :)

The 1st passive is nothing special. It will pair nicely with aquaman but if someone already has Batman who laughs ranked up, it wouldnt make much difference getting Shazam in order to replace him. Its still a nice passive to have, so i wouldnt change anything about it.
  16. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

You still have to rely on the RNG of the card proc to be beneficial to you as a DPS. It's a 30s downtime before you can try to get a card proc that is either the 5% stat increase or the Critical increase that will help you as a dps. You aren't running tetra/cog so the health increase doesn't help you. Where with Shazam you will always have a 30s uptime and the downtime if you run Aquaman can be lower than 45 seconds. The longer the instance the greater that BWL will be beneficial but for alot of content that will be a negative
    • Like x 2
  17. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It depends on the power/playstyle. Some powers such as gadgets benfit even from the power passive while others dont need it at all. The same applies to certain powers that dont have great supercharges. For those Aquaman isnt beneficial enough. Shazam will be consistent but having a nearly constant 2% might/1%prec buff isnt going to do much either.

All in all its going to be either of the combos you mentioned in your video besides gadgets, which will still use cyborg unless you have a power troll maybe.
  18. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

Or if they don't adjust Shazam's damage enough we'll be stuck using that and won't get to use the passives anyways :p
    • Like x 2
  19. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

Can you confirm Cardboard if the increased resto from the stacks apply to the priority/group heal before they are removed? or if you intended for that?

Through my testing on Black Manta Doomed Metro bounty the heal range that I found with no weapon attacks applied (no resto neck/arts/augs) was within the same range I was seeing with the boosted resto. For example at 103,663 base restoration I saw priority heals for a median of 54442 and a high low of 52939 and a high of 58258 and when I tried at a max 25 stacks which was 117354 resto, a 13691 increase, my priority heals were still 55-58k range. 25 stacks isn't practical in content and the 5-10 stacks they were all 54-55k which was well within the heal range without the ally passive.
    • Like x 2
  20. Cardboard Developer

It should apply to the priority or group heal that removes the stacks. I'll take a look at it if it's not working.
    • Like x 2