Ally Sacrificing

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by MidLifeCrysis41, May 20, 2022.

1. MidLifeCrysis41 Well-Known Player

Why can’t we sacrifice allies in the same way we can with artifacts?

I’ve recently returned to the game after around 2 years gone; and the entire allies concept was new too me. I upgraded one or two allies over several toons, that i now see as not really fitting.

I understand the company wants to profit from people buying and upgrading new allies. But… it also wants that from artifacts, and allows sacrifices. I can’t see why allies can’t have that same option.
    • Like x 5
  2. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

I completely agree with you. They apparently want us to "catch 'em all" which me personally speaking want to do the exact opposite.
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/ally-cannibalism.321049/#post-4482873
    • Like x 4
  3. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Good luck, but you kind of answered your own question. I'd guess, as artifact AND augment sacrificing already existed when allies were set up, they'd have given us the option from get go. Someone already made the decision they would not be...I doubt it would be changed, but no harm in asking I suppose.
    • Like x 1
  4. BumblingB I got better.

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  5. Ultimus Primus Well-Known Player

This or dramatically lower the number of cats needed to break them through. Im good with the favor part i get tons from my membership free-bee time caps, so i just wait till i see an ally i "WANT" but buying the XX(X) amount to break it through is a lotta crazy! for me that is. i speak for NO ONE else
    • Like x 1
  6. VariableFire Loyal Player

Pretty sure the not cannibalizing was a part of not having breakthrough failures.
    • Like x 3
  7. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

The Ally system should have been 100% account bound. If I'm Allied with Batman or Flash or whoever that should extend to all characters on my account.
    • Like x 4
  8. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

In the Multiverse.... there is more then one of everything. ;)
  9. BumblingB I got better.

Yes, I blame Dan Didiot for that. Canon not canon.

Wait, this was about allies~ ;)
    • Like x 1
  10. Psycho Tech Dedicated Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  11. Trexlight Devoted Player

Really cant see how Superman eats Batman and thats exactly how the Devs see it. Even in Artifacts I believe we shouldnt be able to absorb them into another but at least the practice makes sense. Even with the somewhat financial investment put into them. And with Allies, at least it has its own Inventory system so its easier to manage them.
  12. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

Yes please. I would love to feed FP Batman to DM Batman. I don't care how much he screams!

If there was a way, I think it would be referred to as training instead of feeding though eheh
    • Like x 2
  13. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Eh, the reasoning they gave us is good enough. One ally can’t eat another. That aside, it just means we have to be more careful with what we level. If someone chooses to max out all legendary allies then cries that they should be able to feed them… well that was the choice you made while leveling them in the first place. They are a lot easier to max than artifacts so it’s not much of an issue unless I make it an issue and keep using all my favor as soon as I get it lol
    • Like x 3
  14. Proxystar #Perception

I 100% agree with this, we should be able to transfer the favor from an existing ally to another, it is simply transferring favor where the ally we previously had maxed "falls out of favor" and favor is given to another.

There doesn't need to be any of this ridiculous counter claim cosplay crap horrified at this make believe premise that "OMG Batman wouldn't eat Superman".

It's a quality of life improvement for players and is no different to the artifact system, it needs to be a thing.
    • Like x 6
  15. PrincessBunny Well-Known Player

No one knows what Ally you might get in the future that you might want, and it is pretty expensive to level an Ally, those drops are not the best and you have to be logged in all day and some people don't have the time for it, I personally wait but not everyone like I said has the time or the money and I do not see an issue why We Can't feed them! It's not about crying at all.

Same as Artifacts you might change powers and want to feed it to lets say from healer to tank artifacts.

I feel there should be a better system for both, instead of actually leveling an Artifact it should be the slots you level and it would never max out, it would grow with you with each DLC would make it easier to change powers, same as the Ally Slots you can continue to level those slots and put in Any Ally you wish to use.
    • Like x 3
  16. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Keep leveling? Sorry but that’s a terrible idea. You’d be required to keep getting more seals if completion. Sorry but just no.

Yes more allies will be released. Better ones are sure to come out too. So since you know this doesn’t it stand to reason that’s it’s a good idea to save the favor instead of spending it on every single ally that comes out? When DM Batman came out I had over 300k ally favor. I was choosing between it and Harley. I ended up choking and maxing it out. I know have 150k I believe. I have the 3 I want maxed out. When a new ally comes out I will decide if it’s worth leveling or not. I don’t have to impulsively max every single ally.

Would it be helpful to be able to swap them? Yea. But let’s not kid ourselves. Leveling an ally is SO much easier than maxing an artifact. It’s not even close. 300k for a legendary vs 1,679,722 nth for an artifact. And you don’t even need to level 3 legendaries. One of the best allies is an epic. One legendary ally that’s pretty much the best one also works for all roles so you don’t even need to lvl 6 allies compared to 6 artifacts.
    • Like x 1
  17. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

One slice at a time....
    [IMG]
    • Like x 5
  18. Great Architect Loyal Player

Specifically? Because they were never intended to work that way. That's the design space, the reason and the game logic.
  19. Trexlight Devoted Player

OMFG #Dead Well played lol
    • Like x 3
  20. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

True, because the devs could never change anything along the line. We gotta keep it real now.
    • Like x 1