Dev Discussion Allies: Updated Tooltips

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Mepps, Sep 17, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BumblingB I got better.

Okay, so all the feedback we've given to this point was ignored. There are only 2 pet class power sets. 2! But there are options of pets in other powersets that are completely and utterly ignored. Add on Source Shard's Godwave mechanic, which makes more viability of other pets... Hear My Call being set to just 2 power sets is just saying, don't bother buying me unless you want to switch.

Thank you for the response, Mepps. You've been very attentive as of late, especially with this thread.

I'm out, none of these 3 allies interest me anymore.
  2. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

I am unaware of what you are referring to. Could you explain?
  3. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Again, we are currently focused on bugs. Feedback is not being ignored. It is being noted for after we have knocked out these crucial bugs.
  4. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

If you summon your ally and then go into stealth before it attacks, it won’t attack.
  5. Dev72 Dedicated Player

Any chance on being able to see what each does and how it applies to their character before we buy or throw ally favor to the ally once the bugs get worked out? Not everyone has access to test server. This would add value to it, rather than reading over their ability.
    • Like x 1
  6. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

7. Pop a Trinket dey sweatin Dedicated Player

It's actually come in pretty handy now that older content has become more relevant.

Like FOS2 elite...Went through many wipes in there and I actually ran out of repair bots at some point. Most of the players I usually run with ran out of repair bots as well. We all have oracle now though and never have to repair gear...never have to ask if anyone has a bot....never have to go all the way back to the beginning to repair. Can just get back to it without anyone having to repair.

It's a pretty good passive for free basically.
    • Like x 2
  8. Yass Queen Hyppolyta Dedicated Player

I found Oracle incredibly helpful running FoS2 E and Inner E. There's a long distance to travel to go repair in both instances and having Oracle meant that was no longer a concern. It's a must have imo.
    • Like x 1
  9. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Most of these allies attack what is attacking you/have you on their hate list. Stealth disrupts that. I think this is just working how the game works. Don't go into stealth in between the ally summon and the ally attack.
  10. Illumin411 Loyal Player

Most of the time I summon an ally when DPSing I clip with stealth and they still attack. I assume you're using a damaging power inside of stealth, yeah?Even if stealth momentarily cancels out what the ally sees as options to attack, I would think the next power you hit that does damage then re-propmpts it to attack. It seems to in my case anyway.

I can test it the next time I troll something since I mostly only use my group shield SC in stealth. I usually clip the ally with defibrillator but I'll try to remember to clip with stealth and see what happens.
  11. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Then perhaps you could shorten the summoning animation so I’m not desperate to find something, ANYTHING on my tray to clip it with? :(
  12. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Nah, no matter what I do, HOL bot just stands there like an idiot. It doesn’t even do the watch checking emote.
  13. Rejchadar Inquisitor

Have you noticed if there is any barrier between the bot and the target, or to which thread of elevation under the bot's feet (bench, table?)?
  14. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Nah, environment doesn’t seem to matter.
  15. Rejchadar Inquisitor

Sorry for the joke, but maybe the Bot just guesses that you will exchange it for Aquaman as soon as such an opportunity appears? ;)
    • Like x 3
  16. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Oh my god, it knows! :D
    • Like x 1
  17. The Dark Kryptonian Well-Known Player

I hope they add Zoom, Bizarro, Clayface, Power Girl, Killer Croc, Lobo, Hawk and Dove combo, Zod, Non, Ursa, Helspont, Warblade and Lobo Werewolf to the Ally list
    [IMG]
  18. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Update:
    • We have fixes ready (but not yet on the test server) for *we believe* everything bug-related that's been reported in this thread.
    • We are going to rework Hear My Call (again) so it's not only applicable to earth and sorcery (based on feedback).
    Thanks for your help and patience as we iterate on these allies.
    • Like x 9
  19. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

Just to say that this is a typical example of why all the schmucks (will that word get through?) who claim that "the devs never listen to us" are full of bovine droppings.
    • Like x 4
  20. Yass Queen Hyppolyta Dedicated Player

Glad to hear. Let me put my vote in for adding a crit chance to pets with Hear My Call.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.