All auras look terrible now

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Thewoe, Jan 14, 2014.

1. Tweek New Player

Put on a white aura now and go to metro. You can barely see it.
  2. TroEL Dedicated Player

The old auras looked ridiculous. Whatever happened to them actually makes them bareable now.
  3. Derio 15000 Post Club

They look great, except the white aura, white aura looks like a character outline. Good thing they didnt change my plasmic aura though.
  4. Redscreen5 New Player

I think it depends on whatever monitor / TV people were viewing them off. I think they worked the textures well but the contrast is abit different imo. While i'd say overall the graphics improved massively, I think whatever adjustment they made on the contrast has made the game look more cartoon and prohibited by dark lighting.

Before the update i'd say the shades and colouring resembled real life more then a cartoon aspect. I suppose people have their different preferences but I think we should be able to control the brightness of the aura's. Not individually assign a different colour but control the efficiency it gives off.
  5. AzraelR Committed Player

Auras terrible now?? o_O

wtf, auras terrible BEFORE. Much better now. Just need some fix like in hands.
  6. SuperiorMouse New Player

they tweaked ALL of the standard auras in the game. it is intended. if you look at the DLC9 NPCs who are all using the auras, it's obvious that the new Art Directior and the creative team took a look at how obnoxious they were on those characters and adjusted them intentionally to be more subtle.

the only problem currently is with female monarch build auras. the fit isn't quite right and there is an excess length at the hands and feet that needs to be fixed. otherwise they're much improved.
    • Like x 2
  7. Enzan Committed Player

I couldn't stand the intensity the old auras had, so I never wore them at all, until now. It's much better now, because the aura doesn't overpower the characters anymore. I would have to find the right angle for the camera to see a good match of style vs aura with the old way they were. Now, the auras compliment the styles worn, instead of overpowering them.
  8. Drakonicus New Player

Matter of opinion
  9. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

Exactly, I went from not using any auras for the most part, to having all my chars using one. They look much more reasonable now IMO.
    • Like x 1
  10. Toshknight Loyal Player

because there more the shape of the Wearer of the Aura? they arent as bulky as they use to be
  11. Tskales Well-Known Player

I had noticed the glow had been toned down, and i like it.
  12. Thewoe Well-Known Player

Well yeah, its pretty obvious it was my opinion. Duh.

They mainly need to sort of the shapeing around the character, im glad the "bubble" effect has gone but it seems like it doesnt fit round my character properly now i.e Massive chunk of aura hanging off my left hand.
  13. spack2k Steadfast Player

your Will-power is weak :)

joke:eek: but they look really better now.
  14. BigBadRon Well-Known Player

The new look auras are better, overall - I actually like them - but on some of the body types they don't seem to fit quite right. Particularly over the hands, where they seem to stick out even further than they used to.
    • Like x 1
  15. Apostate Rising Dedicated Player

i noticed in prepping my red lantern that the aura was tighter and more form fitting. if thats what you are talking about, than i like it. previously it was like i was drawn around with a highlighter (but i still thought they looked cool when don right.) i honestly just wish i could have some control over adjusting it. like i want to make it a bit more prominant in some places as its kida clipping my gear, but still much improved.
  16. El El Committed Player

I like the old aura better,they look bugged right now.
  17. Burnt New Player

I think they look much better now and they don't give us a big bulbous head
  18. DarkThorn Dedicated Player

I agree with the majority... auras look much better now; before they looked more like a 'shield' than an aura.
  19. MercPony Devoted Player

I like the way they look now (my boyfriend disagrees though). My only problem is they look disfigured on some body types. So I quit using them for that reason.
  20. ACW37162 Loyal Player

Disagree think they look much better, please leave hem