Aggravating Guide about Aggro

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by undrline, Jun 27, 2016.

1. undrline Issue Tracker Volunteer

I'm not following what you are saying at all.
    If you use a single target taunt, such as Mesmerizing Lasso, only the target is taunted, and the other 3 are oblivious to your existence.
    If you use a single target power to taunt, such as Earthen Grip, all four are taunted.
    On the surface, the powers look like they do the same thing, but one has a special function.
  2. Korlick Loyal Player

Yes, my bad.
    I even tested it last night, but it was late and forgot to post it.
    • Like x 1
  3. undrline Issue Tracker Volunteer

No worries. Thanks for reading.
  4. Delta796th Loyal Player

The reason you see that is just like damage heals also add to the table. Many healers will put a HOT before any damage is done (or can be active when new adds spawn). This makes them automatically #1 on the table and usually get attacked first. It does change when damage starts over riding the healing and they become #1 on table thankless runs.
  5. JerzIntimidator Active Player

geeeez..just when I thought I was beginning to almost understand this game somewhat I stumble across this while looking how to make yellow exobits into red exobits.With that said it was very informational something I hadn't thought of.I do look over these boards a lot and greatly appreciate the work that you put into this
    • Like x 1
  6. Delta796th Loyal Player

http://dcuniverseonline.wikia.com/wiki/Plans:_Transmute_Supportive_Exobits
  7. undrline Issue Tracker Volunteer

... but you didn't say if now you understand aggro :D
  8. undrline Issue Tracker Volunteer

kinda. The top of the hate list will be recognized at the first 20-second refresh of the table.
    Also, it's still not known exactly how much threat heals and blue bar heals generate versus damage per second.
  9. Miserable Dedicated Player

I think the only one you're mistaken on is single taunt. They do apply a single taunt on the target but I don't believe they apply an AoE taunt around the user.

Unless it was recently changed and I don't know about it, Lasso has always worked a bit differently from the other single target taunts in that it also applies a regular taunt as any other power would.
    • Like x 1
  10. undrline Issue Tracker Volunteer

Test it again. It shouldn't. If it does, it's a bug, and needs to reported with a vid in the Issue Tracker:
    tinyurl.com/DCUOBUG
  11. Miserable Dedicated Player

I just checked and it still does. I saved video but I wanna test it on larger groups of adds to see if there's a limit.
  12. undrline Issue Tracker Volunteer

Any news? You aren't the first person to claim that Lasso is taunting more than it should.
  13. undrline Issue Tracker Volunteer

Updated with a bit about invisible NPCs. This was the direct result of someone in BBS telling me I didn't know how to get the attention of adds, even though I couldn't target them. It was kind of my bad for throwing a shield and blocking when I couldn't see them yet, indicating that I was ready.

Despite all the wrong things they said about tanking, when they started quoting me back to myself, at least I knew they were reading something.
  14. Miserable Dedicated Player

Haven't really tested it extensively but I had a friend get aggro of a group of 6 adds and I took aggro of all 6 with one cast of Lasso.
  15. undrline Issue Tracker Volunteer

Made a few edits, and added a paragraph to single taunts:
  16. ShadowTheHunter Well-Known Player

Just wanted to say thanks for this. This has given me more confidence as someone new to tanking by breaking these misconceptions.
    • Like x 1
  17. undrline Issue Tracker Volunteer

Not only do I appreciate the compliment and the thread bump, it also lets me know people are reading it. Whenever someone writes a comment, I re-read what I wrote, and give it a few edits. So, taking the time to write, helps improve the guide. One of these days, I'll even take out the parts where I repeat myself and make those first sections more guide-like and less cut-and-paste. Thanks for the comment :)
    • Like x 1
  18. Rokyn Dedicated Player

I actually referenced your guide in Gotham City Section a couple of days ago. It was a user asking for Survival Mode tanking tips and I told them to check out your guide regarding taunting mechanics. Great job. This guide along with LT's Tank vs Tank are a great help for the tanking community which is severely lacking in tanking help.
    • Like x 2
  19. VioletSorceress Committed Player

Lasso is placing a stronger taunt at its target but is also taunting all enemies near you and your target.
    I dont see what would be the point of Lasso if it didnt place regular taunt at all enemies. Changing the way it works now would actually break it for real and mostly for Fire tanks.

I suspect the extra taunt is not from Lasso itself but from player being in tank role. Any power tanks use is taunting multiple enemies. Tooltip only describes how Lasso behaves in general for all roles. Again, I dont see a point of further restricting Lasso just to act like something all tanks already have within their power trees!
  20. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

I don't understand why fire tanks think they need the lasso in the first place. Use fire ball. A friend of mine was a fire tank from day one. I never saw him use it. I know they don't have a long range pull, but we are going into year 6 of this game. It's not game breaking. The devs never put it in. That's just where experience comes into play.