Administration: Can we please have this in DCUO

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Silverberd19, Nov 7, 2022.

1. Tolly Committed Player

The weapon change should be much freer than it is now, I think that it should not be blocked in the game store with this 1 SP story. I think it should be easier to choose from the sellers without any restrictions, except for buying the weapon from the IG seller.
    • Like x 1
  2. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Thanks for the reply. I 100% agree.....those gendered styles should fall off the toon's list if they 'switched'. I don't think you should have to adjust anything (other than what you do today).....and if it's $10 a pop, seems it would be worth figuring out how to make those styles fall off the list when a token would be used.

The wand should only have to make things disappear off the style list....not manipulate shapes.
    • Like x 2
  3. Wallachia Devoted Player

I'm looking for wavy long hair, like Anthony Kiedis on RHCP prior to the Californication album, if it helps.
    • Like x 1
  4. K3str3lDC Dedicated Player

Dunno that specific example off the top of my head, but what I'm getting is you want stuff like Jason Momoa, Keanu Reeves, the classic rockstar hair (the Metal Superman hair we recently got being a good example of just that), Billy in Stranger Things, other 80's and 90's hairstyles, stuff like that. Is that correct?

I'd like a low ponytail myself for one of my men. Not unlike what Dick had in the latter half of BTAS post-time skip. TBH, I think we could use more good male hairs in general.
    • Like x 2
  5. Silverberd19 New Player

For gender change heres the rules for character .

The character all item and styles unequipped , other gender stuff clothes etc can't be selected
  6. Wallachia Devoted Player

Exactly this one, friend.
    • Like x 1
  7. Snowy OwI Loyal Player

On Everyone aswell? ;):D
    • Like x 1
  8. ShinyX New Player

There's actually a solution for this. OP wants a gender token because he is tired that his character is a dude or look like a dude.

The solution would be to drop new skin for male only. The new skin will change their body to female. It's like equipping a new skin but as a male, you will have the body of a female. Toons around won't know the differences. As for the skirt and female related stuff, either they can't wear it at all or devs do a copy/paste of the styles for male only when the skin is equipped.

In term of coding, instead of switching a whole character that will cause locked styles and all, with a new skin, you just add new styles to make your character look like a female.

And yes, this can be done on the reverse for females who wants to look like males.

Once ready, they could sell a bundle of gender switching styles on the marketplace.

That would be a solution, right?
  9. the solowing Steadfast Player

Would there be any space in the pipeline to create the assets?
    • Like x 1
  10. Silverberd19 New Player

I'm tired of the marketplace being millions and billions of cash. Keep it around 300 cash in the DCUO broker
  11. myandria Item Storage

Well, as Panderus points out, it has to do with a lot of coding and manual adjustments:

The ability to swap genders on the fly needs to be implemented at launch or within the first few years of a game. As Panderus implies, it becomes more difficult as the game ages. Remember, the dev team's schedule and workload is planned far ahead (unless something "unexpected" happens", so they would need time and a separate dev team to work on a 'swapping genders with a gender change token' project in my opinion.

The styles you would lose would not be just a few; it would be a lot, especially the older styles which are hard coded for male/female body types. Also, as Panderus points out, they have to account for the 6 body types in the game (Tall, Medium, Short for each gender).

These responses from Panderus lead me to believe that IF this game offered a gender change token, then that character would only have the slimline outfit available. The player would have to purchase/unlock/grind styles all over again and that will take a LOT of replay badges, source marks and time.

A gender change token would not be marketable at that point; it would be cheaper and faster overall to purchase a character slot (which does go on sale) and level up a different gender character, as I pointed out earlier.
    • Like x 2
  12. myandria Item Storage

Hmm..

What would be the point of changing genders if others do not see it? I thought the OP wanted to completely change the gender of their male character, as in gender change/swap, not like a private gender overlay (I can see it but no one else can). Or, am I wrong?

If I'm not wrong:

The issue with that goes back to what Panderus said about the body style types; new skins means that they would have to manually outfit that new skin for the 3 female body types and then get the clothes to work on them. Remember the fishnet stocking issue and some of the coat tail clipping issues we had when the 3 new female skins came out?

I think having extra styles in your inventory that you cannot use right away is a waste of space, as far as your copy/paste style idea; we already get those with certain weapon style drops and unattuned gear. The styles menu should remain only for 'active' styles, meaning styles you can wear anytime.
    • Like x 2
  13. Dianatique Well-Known Player

I wish there was a free personality and gender vendor somewhere that you can buy with in-game cash.
  14. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

Here's a better idea: CREATE A SECOND CHARACTER THAT'S THE OTHER GENDER! You want to instantly level that character up to a very high level? Take advantage of a FREE Character Advancement Token the next time they give us one!

But as for Replay Badges to unlock your styles and the things to level up your Artifacts, you'll have to buy those yourself. Take advantage of a sale when one is offered and get them cheaper that way! It does, after all, cost money to develop this game, and Daybreak Games has to pay the bills somehow!
    • Like x 1
  15. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

Well, console players (Playstation, Xbox, Switch) have the Loyalty Vendor in the Safe Houses and the Hall of Legends. When they pay for Membership on the console, they get a monthly grant of Loyalty Points that can be used at that vendor to buy all the things that are in the Marketplace! Those can be used to buy a Personality Change Token!

Only PC Players miss out on that one, in a manner of speaking, but then again, Membership gives PC Players a monthly grant of Daybreak Cash that we can use in the Marketplace, so it's basically the same thing! The Loyalty Points and Loyalty Vendor I think was originally a way of implementing the Marketplace in a way that worked better with the PS3, would be my guess.
    • Like x 1
  16. Silverberd19 New Player

I can't do that, certain artifact fools selling insanely high , getting the materials again $$$, other, I rather pass
  17. Dianatique Well-Known Player

lol, dont care, it needs to be free cause its sucha miniscule thing in the game.
  18. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

Can't, or WON'T? The Artifact Catalysts, you can get most or maybe even all in the game for in-game currencies, so you don't have to spend real world money on them, it just might take longer.

For things that are truly only available by buying them for real world cash, if you're Free To Play, spending just a small, token amount of money in the Marketplace will bump you up to Premium status and give you a lot more on your account, so you'll get way more benefits than just the Replay Badges or Artifact Catalysts you purchased.

Also, just simply logging in every day and claiming your Daily Rewards will give you currency you can use to buy things from the Dr. Fate Vendor in the Hall of Legends, and he has many consumable items available that he didn't used to have. I'm reminded that I need to look and see if any of the Artifact Catalysts are available through him or not, as over the last year, I've built up quite a bit of unused currency to spend with Dr. Fate.

Unless you're completely unemployed with zero income, you should be able to spend a little money on the game here and there as needed to do what you want to do, including making a second character of the opposite gender from your first. And leveling that character up will give you lots of content to play unless you use a free Character Advancement Token! ;)

And if you ARE completely unemployed with zero income, GET A JOB THEN! You'd be amazed how much more satisfying this game can become if you spend a little bit of money here and there! ;)
  19. Silverberd19 New Player

Sounds like your mocking me. I would say more bro...but I'm the last person you want to dislike you. If only you knew. Ha ha ha ha ha Bye
  20. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

So what you're saying is that you're not actually a new player, and this forum account of yours is a sock puppet account? Very interesting...

My post was advice for a presumed new player that might not know all the ins and outs of the game yet, owing to the fact that your forum account says "New Player". It was meant to be helpful, not mocking.