Add damage taken to scoreboard?

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by salty, Feb 15, 2013.

1. Vicious Well-Known Player

Or maybe you should get out more.
  2. Radium Devoted Player

As the guy has said above, Damage In for Tanks is pretty well useless.

- You only have 1 Tank in a raid so nothing to base it off of.
    - Ice mechanics make it so you hardly take damage at all. Fire Mechanics take all the damage they get, and Earths mechanics skew up and down from 25% to 50% absorption.
    -Because of the above, and peoples ability in this game to only rely on how big the number is, Ice Tanks would be looked down upon as taking less damage as another Tank.

Thankfully, nobody cares about damage in when there is only one Tank.
  3. Shadow Vlad New Player

You don't need a stat to tell you if a tank is good/bad. Just eyes.
  4. Dump Truck New Player

And the numbers will be different for different power sets. Ice takes less damage through boosting defence... Fire should trump ice on these scoreboard but it isn;t an acurate depiction of effectiveness.
  5. Haywood New Player

Stop watching the scorebroad who cares did you hold agg did you round up all those mobs and softly giggle to yourself as you watched the Dps melt the sh@t out of the fat knot you made that's all that matters man if you really want all their eyes on you than ninja a troll and we'll all know your name
  6. BrotherMutant New Player

Gotta say the scorecard could be a little more informative. For example, the "Damage In" aspect doesn't need to take into account the amount of damage mitigation does it? If they did away with that, and went with how much damage hit you BEFORE defense, dmg redux, etc. then you could get a better idea for who is getting hit how often, yes?

Personally, I would like to see how much damage I helped to BUFF (I play Nature and use Carnage and Hive Mind all the freakin time). No way for me to brag to the team about how much MORE damage I brought to the mix by team buffing (not that I would brag mind you :p

Conversly, trollers (of which I play 3 different ones) don't get a column for how much healing they blocked, or damage they reduced from target, or damage they increased for everyone by lowering the target's defenses. You get the idea, would be nice is all I am saying.
  7. Lokkii Committed Player

I'd say keepin the adds on you and the rest of the raid group NOT takin alot od damage in would be a decent way of judging the tank in a perfect senerio, of course there are some terrible melee DPS that would mess that up
  8. Monstro Level 30

Oh Potent, never change my man.
  9. Blue XIII New Player

Really glad for that like button right now.
  10. Sore Steadfast Player

Oooh. Taunts. That'd be a cool category. It would count each enemy only once. That's not a bad start.
  11. Cicatrix New Player

You can tell by how the raid is going (holding aggro, not dying, giving breakouts etc.) that you have a good tank you shouldn't need a scoreboard stat to tell you that. I think some people just want bragging rights.
  12. JMBOO New Player

As long as there is a scoreboard, people will chase it.

Unfortunately, from my experience, many people do not use it as a tool for self-betterment, instead only using it as a means to show off how "Beast" they are.

Honestly, the only numbers that really matter to me are time finished, number of deaths, power in, and Damage/healing in.

The way I see it, if these numbers are all low, then you know your team just had a great run, regardless of what you put out.

Anyway, that is just what I think.
  13. TrueMarvel New Player

I don't understand what this thread is asking...