Add damage taken to scoreboard?

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by salty, Feb 15, 2013.

1. salty New Player

For tanks, the boring old dps, heal or power get all the love lol. Give tanks something to brag about!
  2. X-zero Loyal Player

Damage In is on the scoreboard
    • Like x 1
  3. salty New Player

Yea damage given to ai, not taken by the player,
  4. Potent New Player

No, Damage Out is damage done to enemies/AI, Damage In is the damage you've taken.
    • Like x 1
  5. Lokkii Committed Player

6. salty New Player

Up and down? Or left and right lol. People doing damage get love, healers getting love, power givers getting love, where is the tanks love? ha ha ha
  7. Lokkii Committed Player

im confused, there IS a damage in stat on the scoreboard, and damage in even for a tank is necessarily a good thing
  8. CCBatson Dedicated Player

Ummm dude... the scoreboard has a column for "Damage In" which represents how much damage you've sustained. The "Damage Out" is how much damage you've inflicted. They both have always been there.
  9. salty New Player

I was just looking at the scoreboard, and thinking about the three things we look at about it. Damage (given to ai or enemies), Healing (given to group), and Power out ( power to group) .
    None of those actually show how effective a tank was, or is. and imo damage taken a fourth criteria would show that.
  10. salty New Player

damn havent noticed it .. ty i will look for it
  11. FrontlineR Well-Known Player

You can change pages.
  12. PurpCity New Player

As multiple people said, there IS a damage taken stat and it's called "damage-in"
    Stat aside, how would the state really show how effective a tank was? A fire tank will ALWAYS have more damage in compared to a ice tank. Does that mean either tank was more/less effective? Of course not.
    • Like x 1
  13. MooseDetective New Player

I often scold people based on damage in. I PUGged an FOS1 raid the other day that was far from smooth but we got through it. We wiped once at the Broodmother. Someone yelled at the DPS for not doing enough damage. One of the healers started saying don't yell at the DPS - I think he was implying power was the problem. I said it wasn't the tank, the trollers, the healers or even the low damage from DPS that was the problem (they were just lesser geared) The problem was the amount of damage that was being taken.

The tank and I had one death, the other troll had 3, the healers 4 and 5 and the DPS had 5, 7 and 8 deaths. And everyone's damage in # was at least double mine and in some cases almost as high as the tanks. THAT is why the raid wasn't smooth.
  14. Potent New Player

Wow dude, just wow. Delete DCUO from your PS3. If you haven't realized that there is a "DAMAGE IN" column right next to the "DAMAGE OUT", you shouldn't be playing this game.......
  15. Carbon New Player

damage in always been there as power in heal in and all the things u want in
  16. CCBatson Dedicated Player

Guys, be cool. The OP may not have not realized that there's 'page left' and 'page right' arrows that show different stats on the scoreboard. This game is not necessarily the most intuitive after all and it comes with almost no instructions. So don't dogpile, teach rather than berate. ;)
  17. salty New Player

Right,, this is my only toon, and i have just started doing gates, I play here and there.
  18. salty New Player

Thanks, i have lerned something new and now have to start looking at the stats.
  19. Potent New Player

I'm sorry, I don't candy coat things like society wants me to. Even though the game does not tell you many things, this game is very easy to figure out if you ACTUALLY TRY. I don't teach the incompetent, and by asking for a damage in stat on a scorecard that already shows a damage in stat.....just proves incompetence.
    • Like x 1
  20. Impact Prime New Player

The OP is right though, regardless of the fact that he didn't know about the Damage In column. None of them are a reliable indicator as to how effective the tank was at their role for the instance. Regarding damage in, an ice tank's damage in will usually be about the same as the player with the highest DPS since the damage they mitigate doesn't count as damage in and therefore doesn't get added to their statistic. This is also true of earth. Then there's the matter of aggro; there's no way to tell whether the tank took that much damage because they're very squishy, or because they were able to successfully get and maintain the aggro of most of the mobs. Nor is there a way, in either of those two possibilities, to tell whether the high damage in for other group members was due to poor tanking or poor survival skill on the other members' part. The problem is though, that such indicators would be difficult to implement. So there really is no other choice if you want to measure a tank's effectiveness using the statistics, than to try to estimate it by looking at all of the damage in stats and the healing out stats, while taking into account any any careless non-tanking group members who liked to pretend at being the tank, and attempting to assess it as a whole.