Actions To Be Taken

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Feb 20, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

Players were basically were using Quantum to teleport to an area where they could not take any damage whatsoever and then subsequently beat the instance from standing in that one spot.
    • Like x 4
  2. Johngotti idgaf New Player

The sad thing is people spent they hard working money in order to get replays thus wasting $100 - $1000 on replays to run glitch to get gear so basicly people are going to try they best to sue and DCUO will be losing Thousands of customers if they take actions..... So I don't think DCUO stupid enough to take people stuff away, basicly its they damn fault anyways when they updated Quantum
  3. apocalypsegodx Loyal Player

In quantums update quantum tunneling wassint touched. So if quantum was never updated they would still have behn able to do it.
    • Like x 5
  4. Gassius_Spray Loyal Player

Lets not get our hopes up. Because next time this happens again. Same scenario we have had this week. And man that week before removing Hades loot... that'll teach'em never to do that again. A very stern lesson for all, by golly. If anything it shows people... hey why not. They never did anything before... so why now/then/whenever. This is where the old adage "cant beat'em join'em' comes in.
    • Like x 2
  5. Johngotti idgaf New Player

And even GMs was doing the Glitch like wtf you mean
  6. Gassius_Spray Loyal Player

they get to keep all 101 gear that Hades does not drop. That gear would be chest, legs, shoulders and OP mask. Still leaves like 2/3rds of 101 gear kept. Still worth the cost of replay badges. They were used to get what they were wanting... 101 gear. Pretty good deal over all. Its cutting some of your loss, yet still coming out on top.
    • Like x 1
  7. Dcon34DCUO Loyal Player

Re read the EULA, and it's outdated at this point as it still refers to the owner's of DCUO intellectual property as SOE. :p https://www.dcuniverseonline.com/eula

Though this line is pretty damning to this thread.
    • Like x 8
  8. Gunny New Player

That could be true Gassius.

Good luck to anyone who does adopt the "cant beat em, join em" approach though. They do have precedence now and the future punishments could very well be more severe. No precedence (or very little I should say), and the mass of people involved (several hundred mepps said?) really made case-by-case reviews hard or impractical to do, so any kind of bans or extreme removals especially with any sort of risk of harming legit players was probably an unwise action to take.

I'm a little perplexed they did issue some sort of punishment at all. Sure, its a slap on the wrist, but it'd be pretty interesting to see someone dropped a few thousand replays and the only 101 gear they received all came from hades. The punishment will be serious to some, and a joke to others. Its all a matter of perspective.
    • Like x 1
  9. Criminal Matrix New Player

Acceptance of the Terms of service is a contract between the provider and the customer designating appropriate behavior between the two parties.

A glitch in the game is an issue with the game that while either beneficial or not, is not intended by the programming crew.

Having a barrier that can only be passed through by quantum tunneling and turning yourself into an inanimate object is obviously not intended in this raid, and therefore a glitch.

Being able to attack something and not being able to be attacked in return.... obviously not intended, obviously a glitch.

Terms of service states that the exploitation of a glitch is a punishable offense... up to and including termination of the account depending on the severity.

Those who exploited this voluntarily breached their contract, therefor are not eligible for refund of capital invested. The only way they would be eligible is if a new contract was formed(verbally or written) by Daybreak that they will restore said funds to the offending parties. They are however not obligated to do such a thing.
    • Like x 5
  10. Bendmetal Dedicated Player

I don't necessarily agree with this level of punishment, but regardless of what it is I am happy that it's being dealt.
    • Like x 3
  11. Dcon34DCUO Loyal Player

It may not be what some people wanted in terms of punishment, but at least punishment is being dealt.
    • Like x 2
  12. McGhee Well-Known Player

Since we are getting off topic and discussing moral equivalents, I would argue it is more like a store offering a coupon on an item greater than the cost of the item. That is a producer responsibility. It is the consumers objective to get the best deal. I also mention CrossPlay because, during that announce, SOE admitted they didn't anticipate its effect on renaming. I guessing they didn't anticipate characters being able to teleport to loot.

Concerning your honour; you should live your life however you want as long as you aren't harming other people. However, I would advise you to read the entire service agreement. I am always cautious in any honorable agreement wherein the other party tells me that they may change any detail of our agreement in the future as SOE TOS does in the third paragraph. "To the extent permitted by applicable laws, SOE may change, add or remove any part of this Agreement, or any other terms associated with the use of The Station, at any time, by posting a notice of such changes on The Station. Any changes shall become part of the Agreement and shall apply as soon as such a notice is posted. By continuing to use The Station after the notice is posted, you are indicating your acceptance of those changes."

Do you know under what conditions you can change the agreement? There are none. You play or you don't play.

I will admit, I don't consider my honor when playing DCUO. I've never employed a strategy thinking "Is this the honorable thing to do? Will I break my word with this mechanic? You might be overthinking the game.
  13. Quantum Edge Steadfast Player

Para 1-Cross play is a different kettle of fish, they handled that very badly, and I think, dishonestly.

Para 4-Over-thinking? Do I cheat or not cheat, it's not over-thinking, it's right or wrong.
    • Like x 3
  14. Unida Dedicated Player

so what about the TONS of people that were just farming bosses 1 & 2?

or is that the the new accepted level of glitching? just dont complete the raid etc?
    • Like x 2
  15. DemiGodRick Active Player

please dont take my 102 face i got it in throne normal day 3 - 4 of dlc release back when it was still 101 level.i got no 101 gear XD. an to those cheaters thats good barely got into groups everyone shouting for quantum -_-.
    toon name DemiGodRick UsPs - 113cr 183sp
  16. Dcon34DCUO Loyal Player

If you truly got it from the normal.
    • Like x 1
  17. The Equalizer Well-Known Player

Hundreds of thousands? Tens of thousands?

What kind of numbers are we talking about?
  18. McGhee Well-Known Player

Same kettle, different fish. SOE turned a situation to their advantage. That's what corps are designed to do.

How have you determined which mechanics were right or wrong? Do you consult the devs before, during or after you try something. Have you done an alert without every role represented? What about raids? I hope you never went around adds in a lantern alert or amazon duo or any other content. That is not what the devs intended. You may have broken your word. I won't even start with Robinson crystals.
  19. Unida Dedicated Player

I want to know why the punishment is limited to the scope of only those that BEAT Hades?

and i sure hope it isnt just due to some lazy data pulling around the specific gear drops from that boss only.

please say this isnt true.

(probably is)
    • Like x 2
  20. Wildboy Committed Player

Could well be. Daybreak. Groundhog-Daybreak might be more fitting. Glitchers get rewarded, not punished.
    • Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.