A Mental Breakdown V3

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Greenman_x, Jun 10, 2013.

1. Greenman_x Steadfast Player

I was wrong about WM, it's just a status effect. The explosive shot Mastery for DW does a knockback.
    • Like x 1
  2. QuayQuay New Player

question: is the healing overtime suppose to be the duration of resonance? wondering if it's bugged something that needs to be fixed (like how it says pyro level requirement is lower than cyro; bad QA rofl)
  3. MentosTroll Loyal Player

Now I am back to the HATE THIS NEW MENTAL bandwagon. They made the "mass terror" dot that was shoved into pyrokinesis as a dazed PI damage? So if you happen to run the AM with Mass Terror like a normal person, you only get the "Pyro Dots" and not the "Mass Terror dot"

The "burst" damage of pyro is pretty much non existent, it doesn't do 1/4 burst damage of what it was before. Why can't they just return, everything back to normal.

I still say that MY WM damage definitely took a hit with the changes to mental. This is BS.
    • Like x 2
  4. Greenman_x Steadfast Player

Yea, the burst on Pyro is hugely disappointing. Going from what was close to 15k crits on Pyro clipped with menace before to only 1.5k is sad.

Again, this is something we need to hammer home. The next few weeks we'll be totally ignored, but after the holidays, you better believe I'll be making threads daily or almost daily asking for an update to the powerset. Nobody is happy with what we got, and we shouldn't sit on our hands hoping they decide to change things.
    • Like x 5
  5. Proto1118 Committed Player

Since you don't have to reapply Resonance after the finisher, can't you just spam MT or ML until it needs to be reapplied?
  6. xxOMNIPOTENTxx Committed Player

No, the finisher starts a new cycle (choose any 3 of the 4 powers to keep resonance going and then hit your finisher, rinse and repeat).
    • Like x 1
  7. Proto1118 Committed Player

Gotcha.
  8. Greenman_x Steadfast Player

Unfortunately no

Once the finisher is used you have to essentially recharge resonance
    • Like x 1
  9. DivineSire Dedicated Player

When you ask for the update can you add in that I would like reflect pain to do what terrorize does and vice versa for me??
  10. L T Devoted Player

TK Bolt seems to be breaking encasements? Is this my imagination?
  11. MentosTroll Loyal Player

I am using a pretty good AM loadout, that in theory could be the best.

Flames Shock Push MassTerror ThoughtBubble Invisibility
    Invisibility loadout: PsychicResonance Pyrokinesis MassHysteria.

I tried it a couple times last night, and it was really annoying to use invisibility a lot. Stupid lag.
  12. E Clip Dedicated Player

Interesting, whats the intended use for Invisibility? It looks to me like you're trying to take advantage of the power slots so you dont keep them on the main loadout, or I'm guessing wrong?
  13. MentosTroll Loyal Player

On a typical AM loadout we have Flame Shock Push MassTerror PsyRes and Pyrokinesis/MassHysteria/whatever in the 6th slot. With Invisibility, I can hide psyres in there since we can refresh it with mass terror.

Mass Hysteria just to burn our often full SC meter. Only drawback here is that I can only apply Pyrokinesis every Invisibility cooldown.
    It has 2 dots and a supercharge. In theory it's great, but invisibility lag breaks it. Maybe you Ps4/PC folks will have better luck than me.
    • Like x 2
  14. Absolix Loyal Player

This looks pretty good. Does TB or Pyro do more damage? I would think Pyro would probably be better for multiple targets. Whichever one is stronger for the current situation should sit on the normal loadout and the weaker on the Invisibility loadout.

And it looks as if Mentos found a use for that long dead power again. Thanks Mentos!!;)
    • Like x 1
  15. E Clip Dedicated Player

Cool, I tried taking advantage of this as well, but the CD is so long it made it impractical to use it ... but you could potentially hide both PsyRes and the SC there while having Pyro on the main loadout, which sounds great on paper. Only thing I'm concerned about is how practical it is but its definitely a very good idea worth exploring, so kudos to you man :D
    • Like x 1
  16. Unida Dedicated Player

Got to say i expected a lot more after waiting so long. I'm not sure how some of the internal mechanic decisions get made on the development side - but it's pretty hard to see how these changes were a step forward.
  17. Absolix Loyal Player

Mepps posted in the developer discussion thread that they are looking at having Pyro work of terrorized as well as dazed. It won't solve all the AM's problems, but it will get rid of the consumable dependency.

I'm almost more excited that this will help make the Illusion tree more viable for WM, but I have this nagging fear if I talk about in the developer discussion they'll say, "Well we can't make WM stronger," and scrap the idea.
  18. Greenman_x Steadfast Player

I don't know if illusion will be the way to go even if this were to happen. Mass Terror at range is putrid still. This would be an AM specific change, and I don't know that it even helps all that much.

So much more has to be done, we'll see if they're willing to do it.
  19. Absolix Loyal Player

I guess what I was thinking might only be viable on single target. Before, you could stack a burning DoT, Mass Terror's DoT, PF's DoT, and TB's DoT. If this change happens you would be able to stack a burning DoT, PF's DoT, Pyro's 2 Dot's, and TB's DoT, that's one more DoT, all with one PI. I guess it depends on if the addition Pyro's non Pi DoT makes up for Mass Terror's damage, but if it gives us more options, I'm all for it.
  20. Greenman_x Steadfast Player

The burning DOT and PF DOT are the same thing. PF only applies a burning DOT, which gets overridden by Pyros/any other players burning (which is why I hate fire tanks). Also, before GU 43 it was Pyros 2 (burning and its own), MT and Thought Bubble on single targets for 4 total DOTs. Now it will be Pyros 3 (burning, and its 2 others) and Thought bubble, so it's still just the 4.

One of my biggest issues with the revamp was, our DOTs were never PI dependent before, now in order to get the same damage as before, they are.