A great idea (not mine)

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by KildareSmudge, Oct 4, 2015.

1. KildareSmudge Well-Known Player

This guy posted this in bug reporting, for some reason. omnipotence ring and face I'm not clear on whether he actually thinks this is a bug or not, but I think he's on to something. What if the OP neck from Lockdown, the OP ring from A&B, and the OP face from Throne did not have stats set in stone, but were always 1% or 2% higher stats than whatever the current top item was? That would make it truly OP. And for the record, I have one ring on an alt, but none of the others, so I'm not too biased in this.
  2. CaptainColdilocks Dedicated Player

It would be great to see these item stay relevant at all times, however never needing a new head, face, neck or rings would seriously impact replays.
  3. lukelucky Devoted Player

Flawed idea as I can walk into prime and solo it to farm the helm. Also issues are needing to adjust cr every month or suffer cr differential. LASTLY thise who had them and scrapped em would be hot. All in all not worth it imo but I do like the idea
  4. KildareSmudge Well-Known Player

Excellent points, gentlemen. You are right, of course.
  5. CaptainColdilocks Dedicated Player

However, if we needed to use the newest gear (drops from raids such as the head) then R&D to combine with op items, you'd still need to chase the head.
    • Like x 1
  6. undrline Issue Tracker Volunteer

I think they should be account bound pieces like the legendary drops in the vault.
    • Like x 1
  7. Sleepy Healer Steadfast Player

Gl farming helm. I want to see how many replays use my good sir
    • Like x 1
  8. spack2k Steadfast Player

2% more stats than current top gear wouldnt help since cr > stats.
  9. Sleepy Healer Steadfast Player

It would help support ; )
  10. spack2k Steadfast Player

nah i cant see how higher dom/def/hp would help me tank better with a lower cr...

for example SM R9 there is a huge difference between cr 136 and 137.
  11. Sleepy Healer Steadfast Player

It would help a troll and healer alot though. Plus stats do help a tank to a degree in harder instances but so does skill level.
  12. spack2k Steadfast Player

nah higher cr means higher survivability, no1 needs more resto or vita nowadays.
  13. Sleepy Healer Steadfast Player

I disagree with that statement. Higher vit' makes a troll job waiter don't deny that simple fact same with higher resto. Having your job made easier is something anyone won't mind
  14. spack2k Steadfast Player

i think u dont get it, its easier for u to heal with low resto a higher cr player than other way around.
  15. Sleepy Healer Steadfast Player

The only place cr would matter more is sm. Bs wasn't hard at lower cr if you knew what you were doing which is the same as if you were higher. Dcr and dce are a joke. HH is still harder then bs. Have the higher stats is a advantage there's a big difference at current content for a 137 with 9k might vs 135 dps with 11k. 2k might is a big difference. Sm is only place cr would help
  16. spack2k Steadfast Player

hm so u basically telling me if both dps have same power/skill the one with cr135 and 2k more might would outdps the cr137 with 2k less might ?... i disagree
  17. lukelucky Devoted Player

I have it and I would not replay but once a week I can spend 5 min farming a soloable raid for end game perks? Um seems flawed and why despite liking it am against it. If they did this one toon has the neck and helm so id benefit but still a no for me. Sorry
    • Like x 1
  18. Sleepy Healer Steadfast Player

We can test it if you want. But I bet the lower one would if both are skilled like you say
  19. Sleepy Healer Steadfast Player

It would be good marketing since it is a rare drop