A Gentle Warning Concerning Episode 16's Content Banding

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by MrMigraine, Sep 2, 2015.

1. MrMigraine Devoted Player

This was the plan:

In order to ease us into the '12 pieces of content' plan, the devs allowed content from Amazon Fury II to continue to reward Marks with the understanding that those instances would eventually phase out of relevance, some with each monthly release.

With the release of Episode 15, we passed out of Mark Relevance for Labyrinth of Lost Souls and Return to Nexus. (CR > 126)
    So with today's release of Episode 16, we saw Halls of Hades (CR > 131) pass out of relevance as soon as we hit CR132. This was expected.

However, as of today, the new CR Cap seems to be 136 ... but the listed CR threshold for Throne of the Dead and Act of Defiance is 135.

TL;DR: This means that as soon as you hit the the new CR cap (136), you will no longer be eligible for Mark Rewards from Throne (or Elite Throne) or Act of Defiance.

Just thought that folks would like a heads up ...
    • Like x 14
  2. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

interesting and thanks for the heads up, I was to busy replaying and jumped to CR134 already lol

might have to slow down a tad lol
    • Like x 1
  3. DustyAnkh Loyal Player

So at 136 we won't have 12 pieces that are relevant ?
    • Like x 1
  4. Trexlight Devoted Player

Correct, it will only be 10.
    • Like x 1
  5. DustyAnkh Loyal Player

Lol fail. Hopefully they fix that.
    • Like x 2
  6. Trexlight Devoted Player

I dont think it will until Ep18 comes out but Im not really sure. I'll try and bring this up to them in the morning. The snafu with Ep16 and 17 Elite gear messed us up :( But Ep18!!!! lol
    • Like x 2
  7. Omega Boy Committed Player

What's the max for Patrol Catastrophe? Is there an easy way to see in game what the max is for the non-queued missions?
  8. game007dad Well-Known Player

I agree with Omega when it comes to the missions you can pickup as best as I can tell they all say "Rewards X MOTs.....". At then CR130 the missions from going to the Metro Historic District Outpost all stated they gave marks. I was still finishing off a few feats that I thought I had already done & was surprised to see them saying they gave marks.
  9. Sbel Devoted Player

No, but it's supposed to match HoH.
  10. DcPlayer313 Committed Player

Well yeah. This is to force the player to purchase the latest episode.
  11. Omega Boy Committed Player

Thanks. I knew it was around there somewhere since I was still doing it at 131. I really wish there were some in game way to know what's available in my relevancy window. It's not a huge problem for my main, but if I log onto an alt, I never know what's available.
  12. Sbel Devoted Player

Trex made a spreadsheet :
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/cr-relevancy-chart.258416/

(I made one too, but it doesn't look as good so I won't share it. ;) )
    • Like x 3
  13. Omega Boy Committed Player

• Like x 1
  14. Superskull85 Devoted Player

The highest CR is 137 not 136 if you count Elite drops. If they kept the Elite drops in this Episode at IL 120 then the highest would be 135.99 (135 effectively) and the lockouts would be fine but you know.... reasons. o_O
    • Like x 1
  15. Thunderbolt Dedicated Player

131 is the max for that run. I just tried it with 132 and got the alternate reward box.
  16. DustyAnkh Loyal Player

Just a quick bump for the mods to see. This is kind of important.
  17. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

And what would your CR be if you did not have replays?

I'm curious if anyone was lucky enough to raise their CR past 133 without a single replay yesterday. I know I hit 133 with my Gadget DPS only because I got a 119 weapon, a 123 back and bought the 121 head.
  18. Remander Steadfast Player

Yeah, I pointed this out in my gear progression thread back when the change to Elite gear item level was originally announced by Mepps. It will go back to 12 with Episode 18 and should stay that way going forward.
  19. VariableFire Loyal Player

It would be nice if they fixed them and were consistent about it. I'm a tad annoyed at having to come here and search around for an answer since the game is kind of vague and misleading.
  20. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

I'd say CR133 simply because ppl had 100 marks to get weapon then head. that puts you at CR133, then if you get the 123 hands like I did like hot cakes then yea you going to be CR134. and Im sorry but getting 112 90% of the time wont get you to 134 the 2 119 pieces I have came from the 2 FREE runs and the 123 NON elite came from a reset.