A concern regarding the revamp

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Fatal Star, Dec 12, 2016.

1. Alrighty Then Loyal Player

Fun is having power available. Fun is not having to wait for excessive cooldowns. Fun is crowd control. Fun is in multiple animations. Fun is having more than 2 slots left over for powers. Four powers over and over; is better than 2 powers and shields, and recharging power over and over.
    Fun is not having every to struggle every second of a game, struggle for power, struggle for damage, struggle to stay alive.
    This here is stress not fun.
    • Like x 7
  2. MrB Dedicated Player

Pretty much this unless they make combat turn based. Seriously don't make combat turn based I was not suggesting that. Right now with long cool down knock out of one support pretty much means a wipe because the one troll or healer can't support the group properly. Even with two support of each there has to be active voice communication because if two healers hit their heals at the same time you're gonna lose healing for the duration of that cool down, same thing for trolls and power. Unless everyone is watching what everyone is casting, communicating in voice chat actively, and counting seconds there will be wipes.
    • Like x 1
  3. King Smoker Well-Known Player

all they had to do is buff dmg on the weaker powers. remove weapon mastery bonus and am bonus. go back to using Pis. the reason of majority of the players played this game was because the play style was so fast pace. i don't like the fact that we might be forced to have 2 spots in our bar dedicated to just build a super or power back. the removal of the power points saw a future with many possibilities to create a variety of loadouts. But from the looks of it we are losing 3 spots right of the bat. since supers are going to matter more than before. The new cooldowns are ridiculously long. As a player that plays mostly as a troller the loss of my controlling ability really stinks. i just feel a battery more than ever now. im ok for the return of dual trolling but making cooldowns longer than what the ability does isnt the answer. the only thing i liked was that we have all the powers in our tree available to us and that we can put skill points into what we want without waste that on weapons we don't use. i prefer the way the game is at the moment compared to what they just showed us. the current style of play isnt perfect but its still looks fast than what is to come if they do continue on this new path for the game. #legendstylegameplay :mad:
    • Like x 2
  4. UnleashedBrevard Committed Player

I support majority of the changes being made to the game the cool-downs do need to be adjusted just a bit the break out cost needs to be reduced the overall feel of the changes made are nice. I support the outcome 100% under one condition if the raids the battles actually last longer it sucks going in to a new T8 raid and watching the battle end in 11 minutes when compared to a T4 raid back when players were T4 and most couldn't even achieve the speed feat caused by players only playing a power knowingly because its " BROKEN " using a weapon because its " BROKEN " , "EXPLOITING " super charges and only selecting certain players based on this so called " OP " Status that is clearly based on the " BROKEN " system and always complaining they don't have time to sit in a single raid and waste time yet they sit on the game all day in trade chat doing exactly that. keep up the good work I look forward to more testing.

What's the real picture is these players don't look for a challenge if they did they wouldn't willingly use " BROKEN " & " EXPLOITABLE"
    Powers and weapons they would actually take a real challenge and try to beat a raid like the rest who are not only trying to have fun but trying to experience the raid to its fullest and the biggest laugh of all most players that are actually " GOOD " don't use these powers have more skill points and the only one's who appose of the changes are those who don't even meet the minimum " 175 " Status.

I would of rather seen a " SP " lockout on raids or even a " 75% " requirement on all feats before being able to move forward in to the next episode and or " 75% " overall for that tier before you can even step in to the next one. which would than force players to actually play the game rather than just speed through it and become un-experiences lacking skill points at end game content.

The current direction of the game especially end game content is all over the place you got players with T2 Skill Points running T8 content it's not because they are " GOOD" it's because they got leagues and " friends willing to hold their hands"

" QUOTE "
    ' Those who argue are the one's who end up being " GUILTY '
    • Like x 2
  5. BLK Well-Known Player

READ THIS DEVS I KNOW YOU SEE THIS THREAD.
    • Like x 5
  6. MyDpsIsBetter Dedicated Player

I will reserve my Judgement until next Monday shohld be to the grind point where I can see how to give my best input
  7. MrChiCity0884 Well-Known Player

After reading amw of these testers comments all I read was Tht please don't change the game from what it is I need to cheat by using broken powers n weapon explorits...to me these are the players who cr n power jump when they the devs do a power revamp (buff) Look if u never bn here since the game came out in 2011 then playing the game the way the devs are trying to make it u kW a mix with the old n new then u will always be mad and not learn your roles and powers...this revamp will make u fine a load out Tht works for all content solo duo alerts and raids....to many one bottom hitting ice players and to many mental clip cheats bcuz we all kW mental clip (broken clip) is broken and exploited...give them time and keep testing the powers revamp
    • Like x 1
  8. UnleashedBrevard Committed Player

I'll be coming back I am not afraid of change this could of been how the game started out and in the end you would be here just the same as everyone else this is just a test most are crying over this test and only thing people have test is reaching to level 30 running a few solos' no one has test a raid yet no one has tested healing tanking and trolling but everyone has a complaint LoL
  9. Wiccan026 Loyal Player

Derio were not allowed to say that yet, we dont have enough skill points or gear on test to truly say that.

At least that's what I got told than I got yelled at :p
    • Like x 1
  10. UnleashedBrevard Committed Player

if thats all they had to do was buff a few powers they would of done it and lets keep the confirmed broken powers hitting 5xs harder then they are supposed to just hitting that way LoL yeah ok this is the reason the game is broken people dont care they just want to play and are afraid of seeing changes and changes are always good. if taking a risk wasn't part of life.
    • Like x 2
  11. MyDpsIsBetter Dedicated Player

This game needs to be brought in line with other MMOs, Having Unlimited power to spam, Everyone doing massive damage with AMs, Sps meaning nothing. Content way to easy. Change needs to happen the game has been in a bad direction for awhile and I promise this may not look it but it's a step in a good direction to a mmo players can take seriously.
    • Like x 1
  12. xD25x Dedicated Player

This isn't taking a risk this is slowing down the game to mine craft level. The combat system was fine all we needed was a few tweaks to fix some broken stuff and to bring all the powers into a more balanced state. When did "stats matter" turn into a massive revamp to the game? What does major cooldowns have to do with stats matter? Why are they spending so much time on changing the gameplay of healers and trolls when they wasn't any major issues to begin with. Trolls wanted to CC more and be more than a battery. Um yeah this isn't the solution. Elec wanted some small QoL adjustments not a massive change to how the power works. I just can't see the newer players sticking around after this revamp and as you can see on the forums the majority of long time players aren't happy about this either. But hey pull out your wallets because theres a new booster bundle dropping!
    • Like x 5
  13. UnleashedBrevard Committed Player

As they stated this is just a " TEST " things are subject to change.

Majority of the long time players are not happy are the players who lack skill points and now see the big picture of how serious the game is moving towards pushing them even further back while those of us who worked to gain 200+ been trying to tell them for some time now get them skill points up all they cared to do was talk trash I don't need to I am out dpsing you. I been playing since just the edge of beta I support the changes they are good it's ok to be scared if this was how the game was designed from beta no one would even be saying anything it would be accepted as the norm.

They already stated to fix certain powers the game has to be changed the powers got entangled in to coding and in order to fix it everything had to be looked at but as stated way earlier this is just a " TEST " now that trolls can dps a little more and croud control and raids go back to requiring 2 trolls is the best thing they game has a shortage of TANKS, TROLLS , HEALERS everything is DPS raids don't last long going back to T4 raids used to last least 30 mins.

Now players are smashing through content like it doesn't even matter while the cash grab way is getting old if anything that will kill the game it's not the fighting its the currency they are killing our in game currency and trying to increase there customer profit if you don't like the changes move on most are upset but haven't even actually tested the powers yet they only created a new character and got it to level 30 ran to the forum left negative feed back and have still yet to toggle troll , tank , or healer role.

None have actually attempted a Raid or Alert. and I know I am a tester I have asked for hours on end to run a raid and no one would bit the only alert ran was Area 51 and Duos' places that were easy.
  14. xD25x Dedicated Player

You can't even be serious. I'm talking about long time players with 270+ sp. We can agree on what's wrong with the game on live atm but this is a major step back. Just take a look on the forums. Players like Crappyheals, LT, FatalStar, etc are concerned and I'm more inclined to trust them then I am some random. I think it's the opposite of what you said. It's not the people concerned that are afraid. It's you.
    • Like x 4
  15. xD25x Dedicated Player

It's funny you say what you did when your 3 toons in your signature are munitions aka cheap sc numbers. Ice aka spam artic gust for stupid damage and earth aka pet damage and broken flip slash.
    • Like x 2
  16. TITAN ephemeral Loyal Player

If ALL powers had the same clipping potential I would not care about clipping but they do not anything not universal is unfair simple as that...so I do not care about your clipping tears....cools did seem a little long yes
  17. MrB Dedicated Player

The majority of people not happy are the people with 200+ sp. Don't believe me? Wavedox testers toons. Mine's Bludge, and the sp I have are from over a year ago when I stopped actively playing. Also I suggest go read my posts and the patch notes to see what the problem is. In testing sp isn't the problem when t1 instances aren't working with the new revamp. The current version of revamp is broken period. Cool downs are off, power mechanics are off, and even roles are off. The game needs adjusting not reinventing. I'm glad sp are valuable and are percent based, should have been that way from the start. Also no more power points is good, should have always been that way. Now the rest of changes are silly. Self power heal, super charge regen, no cc for trolls, power cost, electronic healing, trolling, and ice tanking changes like on test should not have been made.

Also people went up as high as t4 on test.

Oh and most of my feats were earned at level, exclusions are those farming or luck ones.
    • Like x 4
  18. light FX Steadfast Player

I can back this up. At least with all the people i know ingame. 4 leagues full of people is my circle and there wasnt 1 of us who liked the changes. We were all anticipating this update to be how things were pre gu47/gu36 where your stats determined dmg out/in etc. Not a rework of how powers and mechanics functioned. Every single 1 of us has 200+sp if not 250+sp.

Im cool with what they did with sp. Its the cooldowns and they way the combat functions are the problems. I dont want to be a battle tank as ice. If i wanted that i can atomic tank. I do both btw. And i do both because i like that those 2 powers function very differently and i like both styles. The no stuns and PoT mechanic for trolls is not good at all. I posted my feedback on this stuff so not going into the why as much. No1 asked for the core game and how the roles function to be reworked or revamped. People want their stats to matter like it was back in the day. Thats it.
    • Like x 6
  19. light FX Steadfast Player

If u didnt notice mepps said this weekend was about testing the 1-30 content. And the next wave of testing would be tier 1-2. And so on. Thats why there was test threads for each tier. This is also why they took away peoples end game toons. They wanted the beginning leveling process tested. They told us that. Look through mepps post history if u dont believe me. And the majority of people who tested didnt like the changes. I read through all the feedback and couldnt find 1 person who said they loved all of it. Most people expressed not liking the way things were. I tested, posted, and read all the feedback. Did u? The threads are locked now but not deleted. Anyone can go back and read.

Also there are a # of ways to make raids require 2-2-2-2 or encourage it. Restricting players is not the way. Its not fun. Its not fluid. And it slows the game down big time. If ya havent noticed a ton of long time vet players play dcuo and have stuck around for such a long time because of the fast/fluid combat system. As far as long time players with low sp? See my other post above^. I respect a different perspective and opinion. But i disagree 100%. From all the feedback this weekend your opinion is the minority. That is obvious when reading the feedback. Reinventing the game after 5+ years is not a good sign. And what was on test this weekend was not what the game used to be like b4 AMs and WM. Those 2 things are a big reason why we have the high dmg and people crushing content.
    • Like x 3
  20. UnleashedBrevard Committed Player

What they don't understand we just want the game back to how it was before game update 47 some want it back further I would like to see it rolled back to how it was when jack hammer on earth was the way to go rather than relying on a pet to do my work I wouldn't mind seeing it going back to 2012 2013 era it was a good era the population was at a decent peak leagues were hopping players were happy and the cash grab wasn't so bad. and them making us go to 2-2-2-2 groups is great

we need to let people troll and we need to let more be trolls again same for tanks and healers they game has to many damn dps players and yes I know it was setup to do more this coming weekend they just didn't put enough time to let the players get the update to get the grinding started or finished.
    I don't mind them reinventing the game I don't want to see it be reinvented on lpve or lpvp type level and tha'ts how it feels now.

The game needs to be moved forward with those who earned skill points to be rewarded more from earning it they also need to put in content lockouts who cares what you paid for if you don't meet the requirement you don't get in its like if your not tall of enough to ride this ride you don't get to ride it

The crushing content needs to be fixed we didn't crush raids back in 2012 we didn't smoke out gates most barely could even get the speed feat the game doesn't even put speed feats in it anymore they know with all the abuse of powers that it would be a waste just to have it anymore
    • Like x 1