A Chilly Guide to Everything Ice

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Radium, Feb 15, 2013.

1. savageprime New Player

Is there a thread or something we can follow cause I would love to stay abreast on this? Ill check bug section.
  2. Radium Devoted Player

Not really, they know about it and Mepps said its going to be fixed for the next hotfix hopefully.
    • Like x 1
  3. savageprime New Player

Must be nice to be in the inner circle you scoundrel lol. I really hope they do address it and just aren't blowing smoke.

Im glad I prepared for this and went full precision.
  4. Sgt Bombero Committed Player

No need to do that. Just don't use the max damage mod....
  5. savageprime New Player

Thats alot of damage lost inbetween IA. Everyone else is operating at 60% full time while we are only at 50% for 1 minute then we lose everything. Thats not even comparable or even viable im terms of fairness or balance.
    • Like x 1
  6. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

It will be fixed soon. I really don't think its a big deal. As soon as IA is done you can be back at 2 chill affects and your damage is decent. It will be ok if your not top dps for a bit lol. And i don't think going full prec is the answer. Gaining that little prec and loosing all that might isn't the best thing to do with any power these days.
  7. Jcal Dedicated Player

Anyone noticing anything wrong with Ice tanking and defense? I know I've read about Fortified Blocking V possibly not working, but I'm also feeling like Ice's Defense buff got messed with (on a similar note: Earth's Jackhammer Aftershocks not granting extended 50% mitigation, Fire losing it's 80% healing in buff).

I was tanking Necro last night, and my tank was getting hit unusually hard in between shields.
    • Like x 1
  8. Prosser Dedicated Player

I tanked a necro run tonight, and now that I read your post, it did seem like I was taking more dmg then usual. at most they generally tickle, but I saw my health drop quite a bit.

And I checked, my stats are still showing the same amount of defense when buffed, no drop there.
    • Like x 1
  9. savageprime New Player

3 out of every 4 attacks I do are precision. I think im safe being full precision for now. :) Normally im right there with ya in saying might/prec pver straight precision but after altering loadout and pre our new mechanic my damage has dramatically increased being full precision. Now come new AM yes I will most likely be redoing my mods and possibly trying a might heavy build but as long as 90% or so of my damage is weapon mastery I will be precision.
  10. FESTER665 Devoted Player

Well I'm going to be trying to DPS with my toon this weekend (always strictly tanked before) and was curious if everyone's just running their same loadouts and not messing with the max damage mod, or how did that mod affect people's loadouts (now that the chill effects are fixed).
    • Like x 1
  11. SoulflyMike42 New Player

Let me know how it goes buddy! Im going to switch my alt to Ice and hoping it can be a decent DPS power too other than Tank
    • Like x 1
  12. Ciphey Well-Known Player

I read "Damage Modifiers won't work with it" for Ice Boulder Strike. What modifier is used for it then-does it just do base dmg or something?
  13. savageprime New Player

Huh? Please explain.
  14. FESTER665 Devoted Player

We ran Necro and Artifacts last night and something did seem "off" to me as well.... We made it through the content, but I seemed to be getting much lower in health that I was used to... Seems I had to use R1 more than normal...

Hopefully someone can do some testing or something and see if something is off?

Although it could also be we're just not seeing the same heals we were seeing if this thread is accurate?
    https://forums.station.sony.com/dcu...-magnitude-bugged-nerfed.220170/#post-2806964
    • Like x 1
  15. Balistical Ice Loyal Player

I can't play right now because my internet has been down. But can someone please give me the full details on what is wrong with Ice?
  16. Creton Active Player

As a Ice DPS. How should I mod my sockets? I use Handblasters. I was going to go full precision. Currently I have 4700 Might and 2450 precision.
  17. DarthSizzle Dedicated Player

I have a question from a league mate and he would like to know how do you know when chill effects are active and when its over? He couldn't see anything on adds or himself.

Ty in advance
  18. DarthSizzle Dedicated Player

^^^^^ hes using max mod
  19. savageprime New Player

Nothing technically. Waiting on our revamp fpr improvement.
  20. savageprime New Player

As far as a specific time I forget but when a chill is up he should see a visual appearance of some smokey white on his toon.
    • Like x 1