A Chilly Guide to Everything Ice

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Radium, Feb 15, 2013.

1. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

Take impaling off your loadout, unfortunatly it's broken atm. You will pull agro if you use it.

Replace it with frost snipe.

My loadout is: WT, IB, Reflection, Snow Ball(throwing knives if you're acro), Frost Snipe, and Frost Blast.

Frost snipe is the go to for single target, Generally clip WT with IB as the timers match.

I've found res gale to be lacking in t5. It's true power lies in 4+ mobs, and well, that simply doens't happen all that often in t5 and when it does it's the more trivial situations.

Snow ball is good enough for the 2-3 mobs, but I prefer throwing knives as it's 3 targets unsplit dam.
  2. Starbrand Dedicated Player

Are you using reflect just for protection?

Impaling is still bugged?
  3. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

it was still bugged last week and I haven't seen any mention of a fix.

Reflection, yeah basically it's a little bit of protection + faster Ice armor is never bad.

You could easily replace it with something else I just don't see anything as worth it currently. As I said as big of a fan of RG as I am it's not that useful in t5 raids. If I didn't put reflection in there I might just go IS as a frostbite setup, and we don't really need that as it either doesn't land or is broken out of quickly (last I checked at least frostbite is still broken as a PI).
    • Like x 1
  4. Radium Devoted Player

I've been using Freeze Ray and I'm thinking of trying the little devil this week for it. I'll see how much hate he generates and get back at everyone. If not SD then Sidekick.

Freeze Ray is a boss move true and true, but I wait for certain times. 60%er, Trinket, and Orbital. Watch the numbers rack off.

I say this because with Frost Blast and Enduring Damage, the 50% for Armor is worthless when you break it down. I WILL have a 60%er up at all times so Reflection is just a wasted power if people are DPSing at range.
  5. Starbrand Dedicated Player

What´s the good consumable to use as ICE?

Any good combo consumable + power?
  6. Radium Devoted Player

Well you could always go with the Frostbite PI, it gives a little single target damage, but there are quicker clips out there.
  7. Starbrand Dedicated Player

As....?
  8. Cream Corn New Player

It's A Well Guarded Secret.
  9. Starbrand Dedicated Player

DAMN, I KNEW IT!!!
  10. Radium Devoted Player

Try the other consumables lol

Some have quicker animations than others, the Sorcery one for Bad Karma for instance is the quickest in the game I believe.
  11. ObsidianChillSucks New Player

Frostbite consumables animation is too long for it to be viable in a fast paced setting and its not usable while controlled. The popular cheese consumable has always been Karmix Hex, Electrostatic Pulse Device is another quick one that is usable while controlled but depending on whom the other dps are you may be aiding them in a power interaction with that one or helping your electric healer out either way.
  12. Cream Corn New Player

Is Anything Sacred Anymore? Kidding. But Seriously, There's More Value In Letting Ppl Figure Out The Small Details Than Just Handing Them Everything.
  13. FeelsGood New Player

I miss sorcery dpsing some days
  14. N4TURALKILLER New Player

Whats up everyone. I've been Ice since I started playing this game and I am tired of us not getting the respect we deserve! I believe part of this problem we don't have the well known success in DD as other classes (HL) is that no one wants to share good loadouts. SO that being said I'll give mine...... after A LOT of experimentation with ice and playing around with some of the other powers I think ice is one of the most balanced powersets in the game. We have single target, AOE, ranged, melee, burst and DoT loadouts. Currently here's what i've been having success with.

*Note I use for my neck piece the purple one that drops in FOS3? That gives a chance to build 150 SC over 5 seconds with every attack. The difference between this and the 83 necks isn't that great compared to being able to get my SC of 3-4 more times per raid/T5 alert.

My loadout is Wintery Tempest, Ice Bash, Res Gale, Ref, Blizzard (used to run Vaccum Bubble but this is better), and Downdraft. Weapon is staff. For a decent mob (like in the t5 alerts) I start with WT clipped with IB. Then I use RG; at this point I have a 50% mod up and 2 DoT working plus a weapon buff. I begin my tap 3x hold 2x combo and clip the last hold with DD which is clipped with reflect; at this point I have 3 DoT going, a 45% modifier, IB is still active and I'm two chill affects into ice armor. From here I use my tap 3x hold 2x combo and clip it with RG if the mob is fixing to die or DD if I can get all the ticks out of it (DD has about 6-7 ticks that go by fairly quickly and doesn't split bad). I then weapon combo and clip with RG this time and guess what? I can hit WT again now (and it's prepped witha 50% modifier ;)) and begin the rotation again. For ranged boss fights I start with the WT, IB, RG combo and then go to my staff spin attack. With 725ish precision atm and IB active with the 50% from RG or Ice Armor I hit regularly over 4K. After my first staff spin I hit DD clipped with reflect (unless Ice armor is already up then there's no need to waste the power for reflect) and begin my staff attack until I need to refresh my DoT's.

As always I'm still experimenting and trying to improve but this loadout has a good balance of everything I believe. I've never been a big fan of impaling ice or frost snipe but am still playing around with them. I use RG instead of Arctic Gust b/c of the %50 mod plus it has much better ranged for those time there's a lot of adds. For massive damage I'll wait until i'm at a spot with lots of strong adds (Gates hallway, parts of Family and BIA, Veng when Circe spawns adds, Dawn fight with clowns, etc) and wait until I have Ice Armor active, which is about every 24 seconds, and hit the CC trinket WT,IB,RG,DD, Blizzard, Orbital Strike, CC trinket and hold triangle for all 24 ticks, WT,IB,RG,DD, Blizzard, CC trinket and hold triangle for all 24 ticks.

So there's my loadout (this month lol)..... what's yours? Come on my Ice brethren we got to stop all this "secret loadout" stuff as all it is doing is holding us all back. I'd love if someone uses my loadout and improves on it and shared with the community b/c guess what then I get better. We gotta help out each other guys enough of this nonsense. Lets show these other powers that ice is more than just the "beginner" tank class :rolleyes:.
  15. bedovean New Player

Just curious. Just wondering why pep want to skip Dom. Only 2 of the shields ice use in t5 is upgraded by 100 percent restro or is the first page wrong. I'm normally earth or fire but went ice since I have never used it. Thanks for answering in advance
  16. Cream Corn New Player

Bw, Ww, And Sr Use Resto/Dom. That Was Changed A While Back For All Shields. You Get More Resto Out Of Sp Or Mods.

For Instance, Dom 5 Expert Gives 26 Dom, 52 With Tank Bonus. Resto/Health Gives You 49 Resto And 95 Health. I'd Gladly Lose 3 Dmg On Shields For 95 Health.

Same With Second Tier Weapon Inmates. 7 Resto Vs. 4 Dom Per Point. Get 850 Dom Then Go Straight Resto.
  17. bedovean New Player

Well what i was going off of is that 2 out of 4 of the shields we use for t5 go based off 100 dom, then one goes off of 13.5 dom.

That being said, reflection does not use restro, and bitter winds only uses 13.5, those are our 12 sec caste times, so usually i clip those together say, on the last fight of nexus. BW and SR use 100 percent, but have a 24 second caste time. so those go hand in hand as well. Now reflection can protect against alot, but during that rotation you are recieving no benefit from restro, nor are u when u use either of the 12 second cooldowns.

Skillpoint wise on the first tier you recieve 7 dom per point = 14 per point. for 3 SP you recieve 42 Dom which effects all 4 shields and for restro you get 45 which only effects 2. This is what does not add up to me.

I agree that rest/health should be utilized for the yellow slots, but other then that it seems a normal tank build is still better.

That being said, i believe it is best to spec into DEF first, then Dom then restro then move on to Dom tier2 or health tier1. this is what makes since to me but plz correct me if im wrong.
  18. Cream Corn New Player

All Shields Are 100% Dom And Resto. It Was Changed A While Back. Yes, Reflect Doesn't Use Resto But If You're Getting Hit For More Than 10K You're Gonna Die Anyway So There's No Point Boosting It more.
  19. bedovean New Player

Well i was going by the front page which looks as if it was updated to reflect the changes. it says that BW only uses 13.5, is this incorrect?
  20. Cream Corn New Player

Most of The Guides Here Are Out Of Date.

What I Do Is Spec Dom And Resto In The First Tie Then First Tier Health. The Rest In Second Tier Resto. I Don't Spec Defense At All. The Small Increase In Defense Is Just Not Worth It To Me. In T5 Content Im Usually Always In Block So Adding 150 Defense Is Not Really Doing Much. Better To Stack Health And Shields.