Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Dubb Lantern, May 9, 2021.

1. Dubb Lantern Well-Known Player

Well then...stop replying.

The number of people worked up over something so innocuous is hilarious.
  2. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

Fr.

And ill continue to post things for a dollar less. And people will continue to buy it like they always have.

Sometimes ill sell things for significantly less than 1 dollar under. Ill sell stuff cheaper always for a quick sell.
    • Like x 2
  3. Imaginos Dedicated Player

I do the same thing. Shame the game doesn't force at least a 10% undercut or something like that, that scales with price...
  4. Proxystar #Perception

So you're saying people should be 'forced' to get less money because some people can't keep their saltiness in check when it comes to being undercut by $1?
    • Like x 5
  5. Lovora Liaht Well-Known Player

XDDDD
  6. Imaginos Dedicated Player

Yep. I'm saying that you shouldn't be a little ***** by undercutting by 1 buck. Such a simp move.
  7. Proxystar #Perception

So if you find a store selling something for $3.99 and another for $3.98 you'd become outraged, or would it be ok if it's $3.97.

I'm not sure you quite understand the absurdity of your argument. It's a free market, if someone wants to list it for $1 less they're not actually doing it to annoy anyone they're simply saying;

"I want to get as much money as possible from this while also ensuring my item is the first one seen on the broker when people sort from cheapest to most expensive."

• Like x 7
  8. Imaginos Dedicated Player

Here's a real world example for you, seeing as you brought that up. You're at an auction. The auctioneer doesn't accept bid increments of 1 dollar, you have to do your bids higher than that depending on the auction. This is similar as the broker isn't a big chain store, it's a watered down auction house.
  9. Proxystar #Perception

But if that auctioneer does accept increments of $1, like the DCUO broker, that's not ok through right... :confused:
    • Like x 5
  10. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

You can't win. To them it's not an argument based in facts but feelings. It is what it is
    • Like x 3
  11. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Nah, let the guys sell for $1 or $1 mil less....and let us buy (or not buy) the lowest priced item as we want. Free market is great, don't mess with it.

Now...if we could find a better cash sync than repairs, listing fees and our base batteries, maybe this wouldn't even be a discussion....but that's another thread.
    • Like x 1
  12. Illumin411 Loyal Player

As tempted as I would be to support that, ultimately I am against draconian over-controlling market regulations. It’s just a shame that so few players possess even the most basic understanding of economics and commerce. Hell, based on the bulk pricing vs individual item pricing I always see, I’m pretty sure fewer than 1% of DCUO players have ever set foot inside a Costco. $7M for one but $90M for ten??? GeeTeeEffOh.
    • Like x 2
  13. Illumin411 Loyal Player

I don’t recall learning feelings in my World Econ or Business and Management courses in college nor do I recall learning feelings in any of the 40+ books on my shelf regarding those topics. I did learn about predicting, understanding and utilizing the feelings of others in order to create more effective marketing and sales strategies, but nothing about my own feelings.
  14. Illumin411 Loyal Player

If the bottom line of such an endeavor (including time and resources like gas spent) is a higher cost than the alternative, would “cheapskate” really be the correct label? I feel like “dunce” would be more apt.
    • Like x 1
  15. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

The real issue here I'm guessing is if they can't afford the original $1,000,000 price tag, they probably can't afford your $999,999 price tag.
  16. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

sold.

I'm from the Midwest. Kroger's is real buddy. Gimme that dollar off.
    • Like x 1
  17. Proxystar #Perception

Tell you what, I'll do one better I've got a bunch of collections I'll list that should get the blood boiling, they're such a great deal! They'll make the pulse race!

They're all worth $3,001 exactly ;)
    • Like x 2
  18. L T Devoted Player

That's the convenient 10-pack for the math-impaired. Don't knock it!
  19. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Actually feelings enter into real economy all the time. How else can you explain selling a $1000 pair of shoes or $3000 handbag. You can't actually believe that those items are really worth THAT much more than their $100-$300 counterparts, can you? The difference is that someone feels it's worth it to spend that money because of a name or other 'status' item (like red bottoms on the shoes). A 10x or 100x increase in one product to the other...yeah, that's feelings.
    • Like x 2
  20. Caroline Dedicated Player

Ha, I always put my items for -1$ less and they sell immediately. :D :)
    • Like x 2