4 hrs in um 61 people and counting

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by BipolarDiva, Oct 23, 2015.

1. MetaMax75 Devoted Player

Well that sounds like a big old bag of no bueno to me.
    • Like x 1
  2. blazeing fire111 Devoted Player

Next raid comes out in a couple weeks, if thats hard like UM is, well then my sub expires and thats that. We can;t have the normal version be hard when we get two peices of content a month and theirs a elite version of the raid for the elite go getters.
  3. TKMcClone Steadfast Player

You make a valid point, some players are better off running content when they are over geared. There is no harm in waiting a few weeks to get better gear from individual or small group content.
    • Like x 1
  4. BipolarDiva Loyal Player

Sarcasm? That's so new... Anyway do you want to sell replays to the Highest number of people and have elite be elite or best gear in vendor. Because you devs are strangling the metaphorical baby...
  5. BipolarDiva Loyal Player

And this
  6. BipolarDiva Loyal Player

This is called cutting off your nose to spite your face...
  7. TKMcClone Steadfast Player

I'm curious how you and others would compare UM (post-nerf) to Bombshells or HH Regular for difficulty?
    I ran UM last night and it seemed easier than both those to me.
  8. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

That's why I prefer when they had the three month cycles as opposed to the one month, I do love hard content, it keeps it fresh and has replay value, but with monthly content when that's all you have to run to get gear from (and only a month before that gear becomes irrelevant) it's not a good idea to make the normal version challenging. At least with 3 month cycles you had multiple instances to run to prep you for the hard raid.
    • Like x 3
  9. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

Or to get highest gear score from the other instances and not have to rely solely on the hardest content. The previous two elite raids had normal counterparts that were challenging, but the difference was that there were 1-2 other raids to get the same item level gear from.
    • Like x 1
  10. BipolarDiva Loyal Player

By then they are running content they need. Hence lost income on replay badge sales for the content you want... Harder raids. So consider what the money men will do. (Dbg) starting to sound like death by games. Or put best gear in vendor keep raids hard. Everyone gets something.
  11. BipolarDiva Loyal Player

Also this
  12. BipolarDiva Loyal Player

And this
  13. Scar-Red Nova Dedicated Player

Best gear in vendor doesn't make you any better at the game, if you can't beat it gear is not why.
    • Like x 6
  14. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

I do not believe that was the argument behind best gear in the vendor. By having the best gear in the vendor, players have the option to run content they can beat and still achieve the same gear. The elite version would still have improvements to that gear to allow the skilled to reap rewards, too. The idea has logic to it from both a player and development/economic standpoint.

I have also seen the other side of the argument: the players who cannot beat the harder content should not be given the same rewards as those who can. I understand that side, too. I am just not sure this game has enough developers to make both sides happy, and that may mean the lower population will eventually have to make a concession, willingly or not. I'm fairly sure skilled players make up a smaller potion of the player base than up and coming players.
    • Like x 1
  15. BipolarDiva Loyal Player

Missing the point. If you to sell a product like rb to the most people they need to have a better chance. Best gear in vendor keeps them playing 91 people failing a raid sells nothing. They won't support that content for long. They will gear up minus that content. So using your business iq what would you do? Put best gear in vendor and then they will keep trying because marks will matter. Think.
  16. BipolarDiva Loyal Player

He gets it.
    • Like x 1
  17. YinChakra Dedicated Player

I was going to support best gear in vendor, but then i remembered the devs made it CR > Minimal stats. So elite gear will always have to have higher CR, to make elite content worth running.
  18. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

They could make it 2nd best gear, and I think most would be happy. Right now, it's 3rd best, making it just slightly above trash. That sounds awful.
  19. BipolarDiva Loyal Player

What happened to the lie We just want more challenging content? Lol
    • Like x 1
  20. Miserable Dedicated Player

Maybe get some more skill points, then go back into UM.