3d model of DCUO character

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by Curse Bringer, Jun 12, 2021.

1. Magnificent Loyal Player

I delved into it a but looooong ago but once I got the character model up I found I needed the item number (or some identifier, it wasn't straight-forward) for each piece of gear in order to have it appear on the model. The daunting task of sifting through thousands of items numbers for each gear slot was simply too daunting.

If this is still an issue for those seeking to try it, some sort of database which allows a user to put in their style item for each slot and get the corresponding item number for each might be handy (if that's still an issue though).

If you all ever decide to revisit the idea, having it just export from the character select to a 3D file or even text with model and style info for finding with a standalone imaging program would probably be helpful. It shouldn't be much different than whatever you're pulling from to create League Hall statures.

While we're at it... I've had a deuce of a time getting a clean screenshot of my character due to the way the metallics on some gear pieces picks up environment colors. Is there a way we could have a sort of "green screen" option (one which does not do reflections, maybe has an adjustment for lighting if not light source locations) for the background environment at character select?
    • Like x 2
  2. Swamarian Committed Player

Star Trek Online has an option to 3d print ships. It's not available for all ships because of rights issues, and some ships having disconnected parts. From what I've seen, the resulting ships are nice, although I've heard reports of the pylons starting to sag over time.
    • Like x 1
  3. Curse Bringer Most Wanted

I'll inbox ya!
    • Like x 1
  4. Curse Bringer Most Wanted

It was a solid week of trial and error in one program, and then learning blender to clean and process the models in that instead. fun self teaching journey though! very happy with my end results
    • Like x 2
  5. Zeballangus New Player

Hi friends! How are you? My name is Allan, I'm 44 years old and I'm from Brazil. I'm a big fan of Crisis on Infinite Earths and I'm looking for a 3D file of the Monitor (Mar Novu), when I found out that there are people who extract characters from the DC Universe Online game.
    Would anyone be able to help me get the character?
    • Like x 3
  6. Curse Bringer Most Wanted

Check your inbox ;)
    • Like x 1
  7. Curse Bringer Most Wanted

[IMG]

Bow before trigon!
    • Like x 3
  8. DCUO Post Loyal Player

How tall is Trigon? Which resign did you use, I don't think Elegoo has that transparent colour.
    • Like x 2
  9. Curse Bringer Most Wanted

He's about 6 inches tall, and i used a Rich-Opto orange resin
    • Like x 2
  10. Curse Bringer Most Wanted

[IMG]
    [IMG]

Glomulus!
    • Like x 2
  11. K3str3lDC Dedicated Player

Honestly.... I think you oughta make some tutorial videos explaining stuff and answering common questions about the process. Oracle would call you impressive!
    • Like x 3
  12. Eve YouTuber

Trigon looks awesome. Still grateful for the Donna Troy print you did for me :D
    • Like x 2
  13. Curse Bringer Most Wanted

[IMG][IMG]

Getting this to print was such a pain and a half, Due to a failed print and resin leaking all over the screen underneath. Finally happy to see the finished product!
    • Like x 3
  14. Curse Bringer Most Wanted

[IMG]

I think I've perfected the process of creating player figures, getting all the pieces in sync I mean
    • Like x 2
  15. Eve YouTuber

These looks really good, Curse!
    • Like x 2
  16. Curse Bringer Most Wanted

Couldnt afford the OG DCUO Green arrow statue, So I printed my own! :D
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    • Like x 2
  17. Eve YouTuber

Are you planning to color your prints at some point?
    • Like x 2
  18. Curse Bringer Most Wanted

I'm actually picking up some model paints to try out on them!
    • Like x 2
  19. Curse Bringer Most Wanted

[IMG]
    [IMG]

Dawnbreaker and Brainiac
    • Like x 2
  20. Eve YouTuber

It looks really good!
    • Like x 2