3d model of DCUO character

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by Curse Bringer, Jun 12, 2021.

1. Curse Bringer Most Wanted

I'm curious is anyone has a solid way getting a 3D model of their character to pose around outside of the game. Purely for 3d printing. I tried U Model and milkshake but didn't get the result i was hoping for
  2. Magnificent Loyal Player

The closest I ever got was years ago pulling the model from the game files then having to try to find each piece of gear by style identifier (by number) for each slot. I gave up after going through a couple hundred style items, well before I was done and well before getting to the point of setting colors.

I method of exporting our character's full 3d model would be a fun option.
  3. Curse Bringer Most Wanted

I have umodel and milkshape together to piece and animate but I’m still trying to figure out how it works without rubberbanding the model before print
  4. Curse Bringer Most Wanted

I Figured it out!

after a ton of rabbit holes and importing exporting I Found the corresponding animations and made myself some minis to Run off in my 3d Printer

[IMG]
    • Like x 4
  5. Magnificent Loyal Player

Oh, those are going to be niiiiiiiiiiiice!!!
    • Like x 3
  6. sebfm Well-Known Player

Nice Work, I definely have to do so myself, as I would love to keep DCUO stuff visible, even during server maintenance. :p
    • Like x 1
  7. Cordelia Well-Known Player

I'm curious, did you figure out how to make one of your own character?
    • Like x 2
  8. Curse Bringer Most Wanted

I did! bit of extra work but work it
    • Like x 2
  9. Curse Bringer Most Wanted

Here's some prints that i've run off so far. working on a fun one now
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    • Like x 5
  10. Eve YouTuber

Very well done on all of these!
    • Like x 2
  11. Curse Bringer Most Wanted

Following the Tides of summer theme, I present Starro the conqueror!
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    • Like x 3
  12. Curse Bringer Most Wanted

[IMG]

The Paradox kraken!
    • Like x 1
  13. Curse Bringer Most Wanted

[IMG]

Just a couple of future batman
    • Like x 1
  14. Curse Bringer Most Wanted

REMINDER!

If anyone wants a custom figure of their character printed, I can provide that service
    [IMG]

Custom someone recently requested
    • Like x 2
  15. Eve YouTuber

Do you color them as well?
    • Like x 1
  16. Curse Bringer Most Wanted

I am not confident with my painting ability to charge for it. :oops: strictly printing unless its something very basic lol
    • Like x 2
  17. Eve YouTuber

Gotcha. Nothing that a little practice can't help with ;) Keep up the good work, all of these looks great!
    • Like x 2
  18. farm3rb0b Committed Player

Curse! :eek: These are so cool! I can only imagine how much of a nightmare figuring out the custom character stuff must have been.
    • Like x 2
  19. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

A very long time ago we explored automating something like this for character prints, and just came up empty / being very, very manual. I don't know, like, anything about 3D printing, but I'd love a walkthrough on what you're doing.
    • Like x 10
  20. 1 ncmike Dedicated Player

Shapeways has an easy system that they'll print the items for you out of dozens of different materials you just have to upload the files. I used them to get 3d printed Green Lantern rings out of Silver and I got a Legion flight right printed out of brass. It might be something to look into if it's something the team still wants to do.