1 shots and Nerfing Legends

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by Eve, May 30, 2017.

1. Eve YouTuber

ok so sometimes me and my friends play Lpvp, which fulls of power spammers, blockers (Seriously, they do nothing but block) That do over 600 damage. A lot of times when I get into Legends lots of them 1 shots me and my friend. With Bizzaro, Lex, Bane, Catwoman, Black Adam and TwoFace. We only do 2v2. Btw, Lots of them go 2v1, but thats another thing. 1 shots. Both of us. We both were in 4v4 and a guy with Bane ko the entire group with 1 shot. Reminding me of the speed hack, but Its not that. Each Damage they are doing is over 600 and above. Don't get me wrong, most of the fights are fair and enjoyable. But this seems like hacks to me and It isn't acceptable. Devs should nerf these characters and do something about the hacks. This is the real defention of noobs and kids, I mostly also get pm with lots of swearing :) (When I win or after battle, I usually write a shout like "Hackers everywhere...so many to report") So I get this pm after this. Or when I tell them Directly I know they are using hacks and they start a beef which proves my point and that's I was right :): So... Nerfing and taking care of hacks and hackers ... Thats alll.. I love Lpvp I play fair and This is what I expect from others...
  2. Eve YouTuber

Adding Picture for proof.

[IMG]
  3. ThePhilosophy Loyal Player

Backflip does extra damage to helpless enemies. And that must be catwomans ax kick and shes op but it can be blocked.

Also....blocking is a part of the counter system. Use a blockbreaker when people block.
  4. ThePhilosophy Loyal Player

Oh wait axe kick is MA lunge huh haha. Yea thats broken
  5. Eve YouTuber

I do... and It was actually Huntress. I do block but I cant even break block them ... I usually have no problem till it comes to one shots
  6. Mosquito_1 Well-Known Player

Because if they catch blues off of you they are immune to counters for
    Because if you are feeding blues it allows them to become immune for a brief moment, and the more blues you feed the more often it will happen
    • Like x 1
  7. Eve YouTuber

Yes but what can you do when you face to opponents who you cant scratch their health and they spam powers and blocks you all the time? you instet die. Simply a hack :| Even If I got to hit I didn't scratch their heath
  8. Crimson Mayhem Loyal Player

B L O C K B R E A K
    L
    O
    C
    K
    B
    R
    E
    A
    K
    • Like x 1
  9. Eve YouTuber

Just in final battle today, I used Bombshell Wonder Woman and Opponent aswell. Leave aside the Future Batman who was just spamming, If the other Bombshell Wonder Woman wasn't there I could easily take him down. I never did such Damage and I play
    With Wonder Woman alot I know how to play with her. My health got abused while me and my friend couldn't scratch them both.
    The other Wonder Woman was creepily fast aswell.

[IMG]
  10. Eve YouTuber

Im not dumb, Don't write if you are not trying to help. I'm telling you I couldn't, I got ko before I could.
  11. Captain Carkus Well-Known Player

It's no secret MA Lunge is broken. Sadly we won't see any change to this until revamp comes out.
    • Like x 1
  12. MyHeadIsBurning New Player

Hello,
    If you have ever played legends PvE, you probably noticed that people mostly use their weapon attacks to get through content - powers usually are used only for clipping. That's because weapon hold attacks do much more damage than powers (MA smoke bomb can do >2k damage easily)
    In Legends PvP, for some reason, weapon damage is drastically reduced, but power damage is left the same as in legends PvE. You can successfully execute four-five tap hold attack, but it won't do much more damage than a simple backflip from Harley. And since power cost is somewhat low for these flip attacks, it is frequently abused in PvP.
    Now, getting to the point - yes, it is difficult to play against such characters like Batman, which can spam you to death. More so, if you play 2v2.
    Be aware, that in 2v2 situations, even if you are focusing one guy, the other enemy can be nearby, screen-blocking whole time, and if you do a hold attack, you will get blocked even if you are fighting a guy who isn't blocking, so always be ready to switch targets when needed. You can use it as a strategy yourself, when playing 2v2. If you are fighting enemies, tell your nearby friend to block for a while, then switch - to you blocking, and your friend fighting - you might get counters this way too.
    Next thing, is that blocking is a little broken in Legends PvP, since it mitigates like 95% of damage, instead of like 80%. So, if you anticipate that your opponent is going to use powers, block at that moment. Successfully blocking, for example, a backflip, will only do ~30 damage to you instead of like 500-600.
    For one shots, I personally have never been one-shotted. But you can still die very fast when you get countered in 1v2 situations if you are facing opponents, that know their stuff.
    To give you more tips, you should provide some recorded PvP matches, so we can analyze what went wrong, or how can you improve your gameplay.
    • Like x 2
  13. Eve YouTuber

Thank You, the one shot thing happens when I get to fight to opponent (and I always bring healing barrel) It doesnt help, I dont know if Its the Speed Hack thingy but just as I arrived I died... And Yes, Later Today I will add some videos. And Yes they always go 2v1 then tell me I'm a noob... Someone using Kyle is able to get my health down in 1 second I cant even heal and I'm down. And He really does nothing but block. I won against him with my friend like 5-6 time and each time he got aggressive. Now last time he was just freaky fast and destroyed us. And It was just Kyle.
  14. Brother Allen Loyal Player

*Note: I'm not trying to talk down to you in the following feedback but I will be direct. Please take the feedback as constructive criticism of your play style or what you have stated.*

You have to block break "blockers". Once you see that they block a lot you need to be ready to block break them. Also, if they are blocking a lot then they are doing no damage to you unless you are attacking into their block.

There are zero 1-Shots in Legends. Not even Shazam's almighty ridiculously over powered Supercharge is a 1-Shot. It will remove around 50% of your health from full and if they use it when you are at 50% or below and it kills you then it is not a 1-Shot because they had to do attacks and powers to get you that low first.

All MA weapon using characters excluding Huntress have unbalanced lunge damage. Catwoman, and Cheetah have unbalanced lunge damage as well. This is fixed in Stat Revamp so I don't expect to see this addressed until the Stat Revamp hits.

I hardly ever see hackers in Legends anymore. Do they exist? Of course, but they are no where near the problem they were 3 years ago.

Regarding your second screen shot, Overhand Throw and Sidearm Throw are Block Breakers performed by Wonder Woman (I know this because she is the only Shield based Legends toon in the game). What this tells me was you and your partner were being BB spammed by a Wonder Woman and neither lunged her. This will cause you to get nuked if you or your partner blocks a single time.
    • Like x 2
  15. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

I will say, while I don't agree that there are one shots, lunging out of a block or lunging out of a power is kinda broke. You can get immunities without doing the animation of doing the lunge. There's a reason most 1v1 or 2v2 is a block fest. I like the system we have, but there needs to be a dovetail added to the block lunge or power cancel lunge.

To those that take advantage of this, most pvpers do, this is not skill. This is an exploit. I've been seeing more and more of this. You basically sit there blocking and wait for someone to block break. It's ridiculous.
    • Like x 1
  16. Brother Allen Loyal Player

Not sure I understand the second thing you are talking about there Prime. The "sit there blocking and wait for someone to block break". If they do that then they get block broken. Now if they sit there in block, then roll out of the BB and don't get lunged by the individual throwing the BB, that is on the person throwing the BB and they deserve to be countered. But are you speaking of something different man?
    • Like x 1
  17. Eve YouTuber

I know It was Wonder Woman, we both used Bombshell Wonder Woman. But her attacks was far powerful then mine. 1 shots I mean is probably the speed hack begin used in battle. Thats why I get "One shot". I attack and block, try to break block but I keep fall and It takes forever to get up, and they take advantage of it to take me down really quick.
  18. Eve YouTuber

I Won't be surprise If half of pvp players are kids... True players can fight through with their skills and brain.
  19. Mosquito_1 Well-Known Player

Then I have nothing..Best guess to fix is capture it happening and report it and coninue to report..Squeeky wheels get the grease. Too much cheese, spam, and glitches on both sides of the spectrum(pvp/pve).. "Those who can't.. cheese" If the devs actually played live, they'ed lose their minds. Instead their wrapped up in the next money grab while relying on the community to test instead of using real testers. But, I blame DBG for that one.
    • Like x 1
  20. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Over the past few weeks. I've been seeing multiple people, from pvp leagues, doing this. I know it sounds crazy, but you can lunge out of block and counter people. Same goes for powers. Example, combo powers like atomic. I can combo and if you block trying to counter me. You can stop the combo and block break or lunge out. I've tested and done it. Got blues without even doing the lunge animation. Something happened to those dovetails, cause it is hard as heck to get a BB off right now. There were dovetails added to block a ways back that is supposed to prevent this, powers also.