Old Trinket Pets (TOM/Servo)

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Raven Nocturnal, Jul 24, 2022.

1. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

But they were not labeled as exclusive.
    Also, Xbox was not around when they were available.
  2. Eve YouTuber

I don't see why they can't bring them to XBOX. Maybe as some kind of promotion if you just joined and take advantage of a sub offer you can get those as extra.
    • Like x 2
  3. Mike_B Level 30

Thats unfortunate. Read my previous threads. I'm all for getting the new players old stuff. Even OG Auras. The old trinkets and SM styles and other things are the only things OG players have as a thank you. I sure would like that 1 year cape. JS
  4. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

Let me get this straight.. So because you can't have that year 1 cape, players on Xbox can't have old pets that weren't even released here?
    • Like x 1
  5. Plowed In Loyal Player

When I can play Starfield on PS5, you can have a Tom-Bot.
  6. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

This story is 'sus'.
  7. Trykz Dedicated Player

My partially assimilated Tom
    Bot on my buff troll has me cracking up on the regular.
    Very funny voice acting.
    Bring ‘em back! I have all of them but would love to see more people using them lol.
    • Like x 1
  8. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

The Tom Bot is a touchy subject for me. Back when I was first on for about a year, I was premium. I knew the member 'gift' was coming as it had in previous years (year one 1 cape and year 2....cake?) and I subbed up (I don't remember what day exactly) BEFORE it was granted, but apparently the list of who would get it was set the week before the grant. So....I was out of luck. This has irked me to no end, but rulez is rulez, so I stewed in my own disappointment as everyone I knew ran around with theirs....granted on a day where I WAS indeed...a paying member.

And while I DO still want one....according to the announcement in 2013....it was 'exclusive'.

"The TOM-Bot is also lovingly voiced by DCUO Sr. Creative Director Jens Andersen, as an added and exclusive thank you to our most loyal players"

Now...could it be argued that anyone who's put 1000's of $$ and hours into the game over 10+ years is one of the 'most loyal players'? Sure, but if it were 'exclusive' to that year....and active members the day of the cutoff.....welp, I'm still out of luck. It should NOT return.
  9. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

"exclusive thank you", not exclusive item/release.
    Also, it would not be "returning" to Xbox, it would be "appearing for the first time".
  10. Plowed In Loyal Player

You weren’t a “loyal player” at the time of release, but exclusivity of an item like this is kinda silly…but they did use the word if Rein’s quote is accurate.
    • Like x 1
  11. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

Sounds as simple as just getting another "exclusive thank you" :)
  12. Proxystar #Perception

This is why you stay subbed Reinheld :p
  13. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I was subbed Dec 17th 2013. They did the cutoff a week before...and I stayed subbed for 8 or so long years after that...much to my dismay. What's really funny is that even if I subbed up from 2011 to Nov 2013....and took 1 month off....I'd have been in the same situation. 'Loyalty' is apparently a loose term.

And ironically, this was about the last 'good' gift they ever gave...definitely one of the last that could be considered 'exclusive' as most of the rest have been things you could get elsewhere (like boxes of XP, or some seals....a crappy single aura box...other nonsense).

Which is why....no...there is no reason anymore to 'stay' subbed. If something came out that was interesting...I'd sub that day, week or month to get it. Jan 31st for example.
  14. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I pulled it right from the original announcement. About 70 odd pages back and still there.
  15. Proxystar #Perception

until that next time :p
  16. Dev72 Dedicated Player

I still have my TOM-Bot Device, 25th Century Communicator, and Partially Assimilated Servo Unit hidden away in my bank and break them out every now and again for a bit of nostalgia...then I remember just how annoying they are and quickly put them back.
    • Like x 1
  17. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

Just noticed they also give the 5% health buff too? That's even more perfect! Getting so sick of using ugly icky "Heartthrob" on my cyberpunk Gadgets villain buff troll...
  18. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

I hope this happens someday, with the returning of other old items I've been hearing about
  19. Too Many Toons Dedicated Player

wish partially assimilated was reclaimable..only ever picked it up on one or two toons cuz at that time it was just another bot taking up inventory space.
  20. Wiccan028 New Player

I have them and it wouldnt bother me if they got re-released.

I say this because I can at least attempt to get what I want in game (the phoenix trinket, the character who needs it still has one raid and one alert left to get the headline one before he's able to buy it).

Granted I'm sure its not a "viable" pet since thats probably what the elite one is but I want it because it amuses me.