Question about the current DCUO for our lead producer

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Rorrigam, Mar 27, 2024.

1. Rorrigam Active Player

i read you have been playing the game recently so I was wondering what are your thoughts in regards to the stat clamp and also about art swap.

Are you enjoying everything so far? Would you like the game to continue this way? What would you like to change if possible in the no so distant future?
    • Like x 3
  2. zNot Loyal Player

It would be good if they could say something about balance changes or what they want to change in the future since it also effects the way we play and experience a episode/content.
    • Like x 1
  3. Dominic Blue Dedicated Player

I’m wondering if the reason they didn’t mention artifacts in the update because there isn’t any planned for this year and there might be a revision of arts down the line but I guess we’ll see?
  4. zNot Loyal Player

Only ranmaru would know :D would be good if we could get a little bit info if theres something or not
    • Like x 1
  5. KidKretz Committed Player

as someone who recently started playing with their kid, i can tell you, my child knows nothing about artifact swapping. thats something he will never learn just from playing the game.

my kid just told me today that he beat the elite alert of justice league dark cursed (with a pug group) and the last couple days he has been tackling the elite solo, i been giving him tips with that (his character had a cr skip, so that is why he is at this point so far)

as far as stat clamps go, he knows only from what i told him from the "good ole days" of one shotting and he wishes he could one shot, as we have failed a few raids together already due to persons not being strong enough (get enough min levels and it really can be hard). and he has seen first hand, even on his own time in the game, that certain things are just hard, and he tells me he wishes he could use all his stats.

as parent/child time together goes, its fun! but we also make it fun just doing the stuff that is in the game available to us. he recently maxed out gentleman ghosts unique gear, so not sure what his/our next big thing will be.

will be interesting to see if and what changes get made as a result of their playtime together. i know that right now, my kid wants the stat clamp to be lifted, he does not like failing in omnibus. his response is always the same "why can't they just let me be strong and use my all my stats"
    • Like x 3
  6. kallader Committed Player

PRODUCER’S LETTER – March 2024

as well as getting back into the game (racing my 9-year-old to level 30 on new characters).

Would need to play with top level to see how stats clamp is bad not by starting a new character level 30
    • Like x 1
  7. Rorrigam Active Player

I understand and agree with that. However, I’d assume he was somewhat made aware of some of the opinions of the player base for some of the most controversial topics.

I made the thread more with the hope that someday he would share his perspective on those subjects. If he decides to do it sooner rather than later it would be sweet, but for now I’m just okay with raising the questions.
    • Like x 3
  8. Owlman 2 Well-Known Player

What do you consider the player base? Test servers?
  9. Kendricke Lead Producer, DCUO

I'm guessing this answer won't satisfy because I'm not going to respond directly to your first question so much as I will your second. This is a combination of the fact that I'm still developing some of that opinion, that I try to keep specific answers more private till I have actual answers, and because I like to allow the creative side of the team (particularly our new Creative Director) the ability to own that.

That said, I'm happy to talk more generally. So, while I am enjoying the game overall, I find that the most important things for me to pay attention to are the things that annoy me. I listen to the channels while I'm in-game to see what people are complaining about and I read the forums to see if anything tends to come up and then I see how it works for me as well. I pay attention to my son when he also gets excited, but also when he's frustrated by something (is he dying a lot in a particular instance? did he understand which gear to equip? Does he know where to go next?).

It's very possible you'll be playing in a group with me soon - possibly tonight. You never know. I'm not hiding it that much, so we'll see who notices. ;)
    • Like x 14
  10. Kendricke Lead Producer, DCUO

Just because it wasn't on the Roadmap doesn't mean it isn't coming. That Roadmap isn't comprehensive and gives us plenty of room to add or adjust as we need to throughout the coming months.
    • Like x 11
  11. zNot Loyal Player

Watch a livestream of someone doing elite+ specifically a troll or dps you will see its bad for the game is it dcuo or inventory univers online? You wouldve read that many want more engaging/challenging content the issue is dcuo has major issues to keep their endgame players engaged and challenged for years because of neglecting balance changes i strongly think you have to do fix the biggest outliers that overperform,artifact swapping would be on top of such list.
  12. Proxystar #Perception

You have to stop framing your anti artifact swapping agenda this way.

Could artifact swapping be dialled back so that effects aren't overstacking or refreshing cool downs upon removal yes.

Is it an issue that people are in their inventory during combat, for whatever reason, No it is not

You need to stop conflating to two every time you think you're getting some new dev ear time.
    • Like x 3
  13. zNot Loyal Player

I mean you tried to pretend like EoG wasnt broken but yet it got nerfed.. :)
  14. Proxystar #Perception

Don't deflect, i think it was over nerfed, because it was over nerfed.

If you nerf an artifact from BiS to virtual worthlessness overnight then you've over done it, just like they over did the first venom wrist nerf, if they didn't over nerf these things they wouldn't have to be giving out ridiculous compensation packages either.

But that's not what we are talking about here, we're talking about your hatred for swapping that seems to reset every time you feel a new dev is listening to you and then when you're confronted we reestablish that you just want effect stacking removed.

So do everyone a favor and stop complaining about the inventory and keep it focused on the real issue which is just effect stacking or simply slowing the process down a little because there is absolutely nothing wrong with accessing your inventory to change a piece of gear in combat and artifacts are gear, zNot, how many times do you have to be told this.
    • Like x 1
  15. zNot Loyal Player

Proxystar,you cant tell me or anyone here what to do or say i hope the lead producer will see how you try to shut people down because you hate if broken OP stuff gets called out it simply shows your true intentions - see you dont get to decide it about this i also didnt tell you or asked your opinion i told it to the lead producer you cannot come and reply to my comment and tell me i gotta be silent who do you think you are? u have been doing this for years just like you did with EoG but you got your answer there :)

also removing the buffs and stacks upon unequip is not enough,theres still many other arts to swap in and out and as they release more arts its a matter of time when it will break the game further.
  16. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

^^I'm liking this guy already! Communication in more than short sentences, explanatory sentence articulation, and ORANGE on the name lol.
    Seriously though, I appreciate seeing interactions from you guys, as in the past I don't think it happened enough. I gotta ask though, just for the sake of curiosity, what powers are you and the little man using?
    • Like x 5
  17. Hraesvelg Always Right

Uh oh. He's clocked that even casually mentioning that something is possible means that to the denizens of the forums, that something is now set in stone from on high.
    • Like x 2
  18. TI99Kitty Dedicated Player

...Aaaaaand once again, someone from the company comes to weigh in on a thread, and people get into an argument over one of two issues (stat clamp or art swapping), and then we'll never see him again. Because no one from Daybreak can peek in here without users immediately getting into a fight.

I mean, you guys do understand that this is why people who work on the game never want to come here, right? Because we immediately make them regret coming here and saying anything.
    • Like x 6
  19. Kendricke Lead Producer, DCUO

It's a balancing act, to be sure. My default preference is more transparency, but I temper that by realizing anything I say is considered a check I've written while expecting my team to pay out of their pockets. I'm still new here but it's far from my first game or project. I want to make sure I don't make the mistake of overcommitting right out of the gate, which puts my team on the hook.

Identifying what's important as well as what we can consistently deliver is only a first step.
    • Like x 13
  20. Proxystar #Perception

So in other words you've changed you opinion yet again and think we should be again locked out of our inventory.

Did you change your opinion back because you hope a new dev is going to listen to you this time?

Artifacts are gear zNot, gear has always been swappable even in content, you need to get over it.

If they decrease or removed armory cool downs few people would be complaining about this issue either, the reason they typically complain about gear swapping isn't because it's a thing, but because they can't do it.

How many people raise the system limitation issues when asked about it, heaps do, so really it's not an issue that you can swap, it's that swapping should be more accessible to all players.

You're however, just building a really bad strawman here and again you're not trying to find a solution, you're just trying to control how others play the game and they better be playing it zNots way ...

I'm not advocating for OP things either, so don't play that silly little linguistic game zNot, I specifically said.

Slow down the swapping, which could involve introducing a minimal, but modest cool down on the third slot or here's another idea.

Remove the cool down on all armories, which allows people to more fluidly change their build in a more automated fashion, make the armory wheel like the emote wheel, increasing it to 8 armory variations and move the artifacts to their own UI, like allies to eliminate excessive swapping and you don't have to do a single thing to the inventory.

Or leave them in the inventory and manually fix problems artifact by artifact.

I'm actually keen to see a real solution, you're just sitting here screaming

Reeeeeeee, inventory, Reeeeeeee
    • Like x 3