stat clamp

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Dior_XT, Mar 27, 2024.

1. Dior_XT Level 30

just look at the biggest mmos and see what they are doing right. WoW for example.
    there are portals so you can join 8 player content alone and do old stuff since you are not gonna find a group running these.

now lets look at dcuo. game had the problem with old content for AGES. you could find a group to queue with you way before that stat clamp. solution ? STAT CLAMP ?????
    wtf bruh.

clearly the solution would be to be able to queue alone without a group.

and if you guys rly want to get stat clamped just make it optional. done.

there is nothing to discuss. make **** like this optional.

and if the devs rly cared make an official poll with 2 options. yes or no to stat clamp and lets see how many rly want it. byeeee
    • Like x 7
  2. Quantum Edge Steadfast Player

Hey look! Another thread about the Stat Clamp!

[IMG]
    • Like x 6
  3. Dior_XT Level 30

should be a sign no ?

look at the time. i wanna play the game. im working night shifts. now i cant. imagine that
    • Like x 1
  4. Great Architect Loyal Player

Look at his previous posts - guy's a one trick pony.
  5. Dior_XT Level 30

3 years ago true haha. stat clamp is aaaaass
    • Like x 2
  6. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The fact that youre still around after all this time since stat clamp happened and the population not changing for the worse should also be a sign.
    The reason you cant get into an instance right now isnt the stat clamp, its the content drought phase of this episode.
    Players - especially casual - simply have no incentive to log in since they've been done with all they wanted out of the recent episode for over 2 months.
  7. GhostRyder3000 Dedicated Player

You can't write off the problem with the clamp with a "people are still playing" to say that it's a drought where "people no longer feel incentive to play".
    • Like x 6
  8. Black Dawn Steadfast Player

If the stat clamp is made optional...feats should be disabled in non clamped instances. It's not a feat to mindlessly pew pew pew or be able to burn around mechanics.
    • Like x 2
  9. GhostRyder3000 Dedicated Player

I'd rather not be clamped... so I'll take what I can get...

But, I never get this indignation over feats that some people have... You earn feats when you earn them..

This "but you must earn them the way I did" or "You need to get strong enough to complete a feat... but not too strong" seems more gatekeep-y than anything else.
    • Like x 8
  10. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Once more unto the breach dear friends..... once more. ;) :)
    • Like x 3
  11. Ryazan Dedicated Player

And that's my problem with the clamp. The garbage elitist gatekeep mindset tied to the progression system of feats.

Part of me thinks that the clamp should indeed exist, but the other part thinks that it should not be a thing because of feats. Now now, if I was a multi billionaire and bought this game... the clamp would still exist, but feats would have stopped granting progress towards skill points long ago, they would simply be feats, trophies, not an annoying way of granting progress towards building your character.
    • Like x 3
  12. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

Then they should wipe everyone's feats obtained prior to the clamp release.
    • Like x 1
  13. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Except i can since the outcome is all that matters. We arent in a worse spot in terms of population than we've always been. Its just that the population changed slightly over time with new players sticking around longer and some older ones dropping off due to various reasons.

I still dont see why anyone would want to go back to unclamped content with daily and weekly lootlocks on instances for SM just to be able to one-hit enemies in a raid which turns any content into a race of who arrives first at the next group of adds. Besides that it only ever worsened the state of new players since they never got to learn the game at all until they finally reached the endgame.
    • Like x 1
  14. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

Guess you haven't played lower populated servers lol. There has been less and less phases every new episode, no matter when it was released. Time of year, covid, the weather outside, none of it caused this. It's blatantly obvious. Also, they aren't asking for anything to be removed. Optional unclamped would have no loot and/or loot locks as it always was, clamped would be as it is now. "I don't see how anyone would want"... Well, that's the thing, they'd have that choice wether to partake or not. That's the point of an option.

Your post is the epitome of every biased assumption in the other thread, all clumped into one. You were not "1-shotting" bosses in elite old content. I would know, I got all old content feats. It was NOT a walk in the park getting them all before clamp (and I started in 2018). It still took years of coordination and communication.

Edit: "since they never got to learn the game at all until they finally reached the endgame."
    I, and everyone I ever met in the game, turned out just fine. I even remember mechanics for every instance even though they were unclamped! I wonder how that happened?

Unclamped didn't make players bad (as even evidenced how clamped didn't make them "better"), bad players are just bad. Simple as that.
    • Like x 3
  15. Too Many Toons Dedicated Player

with no clamp (Godzilla Vs Bambi) no salvage worth a damn, no source marks, and no one running old content
    with clamp (still..not difficult) relevant salvage / gear, source marks, and (generally) folks running stuff.

Slight fail in implementation of omni in showing instance name when queue pops > make a new toon and see how many false pops you get on t1 content. That said, still better than prior to clamp when I gave up waiting for old content after 2 hours.
    • Like x 1
  16. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

Still takes 2+ hours on lower populated servers like Xbox. See my post above yours.
    • Like x 1
  17. FluffyCloud99 Committed Player

But... most feats are centered around doing mechanics or killing x amount of monsters at once... Wheres your point? out of the 3678 feats available, roughly 200-300 are available by oneshotting bosses/burning through mechanics. That can be anywhere from 20 to 50 sp minimum
    • Like x 4
  18. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

Yeah, exactly. If it was really an issue to the devs (or going against their "vision"), they would have wiped everyone's feats obtained prior to the clamp release.

I personally still don't even care if they actually did to this day.
  19. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Cool. They should disable feats from Time Capsules. It's not a feat to mindlessly $$$ or be able to play the broker.
    [IMG]
    • Like x 9
  20. Illumin411 Loyal Player

EEG aka clamped content is still WAAAAYYY easier than when it was current. The vast majority of players are fine with others getting feats when they're much easier. But there should be a limit/cap on just how easy. When it gets to the point that a normal player and a speed hacker are equally effective, that's just waaaay too easy. Y'all are essentially campaigning to be able to go in to content and kill bosses in seconds....which is what a speed-hacker does. So if you're campaigning for that kind of gameplay. you certainly condone it. Kinda suspicious if you ask me.....

Also, and I've said this before, leading up to the introduction of the clamp, there was a sharp uptick in bugged/broken feats due to instances/mechanics not having been coded for player/group stats several times higher than when the content was current. And that issue was trending worse and worse.
    • Like x 1